X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
    This also is so wrong:
    https://www.usmagazine.com/entertain...is-rock-drama/

After slapping Chris Rock, Will SMith needed to be consoled by Denzel Washington,"
    BTW that saying by washington "the devil will come for you when you're at your highest" was some serious hybris warning, wrapted in some queint protestant phraseology.

(also, he is amazing at the "fences" go see it)

Comment

what is fences about? he's probably in the top 5 male actors, Glory and Training Day were good performances

Comment

I liked Will Smith in Hancock. But Denzel Washington is teh great. /Cts.
        Blah

Comment

Just saw this in a BBC News story...

(Chris) Rock has yet to comment publicly on what happened at the Oscars or Smith's apology.

However, tickets for his upcoming comedy shows have reportedly skyrocketed in Sunday's aftermath.

More than half of all ticket sales for Rock's tour - which went on sale a month ago - came after the incident at the Oscars. The vast majority - 88% - of ticket sales for Rock's shows on the website over the last week came after the incident.

One live [after-market] event ticketing site, TickPick, said on Monday that it sold more tickets the previous night than it did in the past month combined. A spokesperson also told CBS that prices for an upcoming Rock show on Wednesday in Boston rose from $46 (£35.16) to $411 (£314).
          Ticket sales for Chris Rock's shows have spiked after Will Smith struck him on-stage at the Oscars.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
            Just saw this in a BBC News story...
            That's just weird. I wonder what the motivation is?

Maybe people really want to be there when he talks about it?
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• -Jrabbit
              -Jrabbit commented
              Editing a comment
              Interesting that people have been saying Rock had "nothing to gain" for his role in the incident. This story says otherwise.

And yes, notoriety = marketability

Rock got a 5 minute standing ovation in his 1st appearance but said he's still processing it so he didn't really have much to say yet

Wanda Sykes said he apologized to her at the after party for what happened and she asked why he was sorry and he said the night belonged to the 3 women and this incident takes away from them.

funny and classy, a better man than me

Comment

• Berzerker
              Berzerker commented
              Editing a comment
              the ovation is down to 2 minutes

still pretty damn good

Did he spend a word on Jada Pinkett Smith (Smith's wife), who he made fun of? Comedians say all kinds of stuff, and esp celebrities/people in the media may have it coming, but making a joke when she's losing hair doesn't look too classy in my view.

Not that it justifies Smith slapping him. But I don't see any side looking good here.
            Blah

Comment

• Berzerker
              Berzerker commented
              Editing a comment
              he apologized to Jada for not knowing about her condition

Will Smith resigned from the Academy. Went off with a bang.
            Blah

Comment

Alopecia is not something serious. It's not like some terminal disease. It is a reversible autoimmune disorder caused by stress (probably by repeadedly cheating will smith with 20 years old)

Comment

woops wrong thread
                Last edited by Bereta_Eder; April 2, 2022, 08:31.

Comment

Closure! Now maybe we can stop talking about this.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

It doesn't happen to be very interesting.
                    AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
                    JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

However:

"I got in one little fight and the Academy got scared
                      She said, "You're movin' with your baldy and her boyfriends in Bel-Air"
                      AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
                      JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

Working...
                      X