• Will Smith

So
    He was right. Smack that B up
    18.75%
    He was wrong. Toxic masculity
    37.50%
    Always have a large banana so you can smack people with it
    43.75%

He was wrong but I blame it on privilege (wealthy and famous) not toxic masculinity.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I blame it on his relationship witrh his wife. He laughed initially but then he saw her and went up and slapped.

That's what women do to you. They are evil (but they smell so good, it's ok)

On a serious note, I agree it was unacceptable what he did

Comment

• Berzerker
        Berzerker commented
        Editing a comment
        eh, she didn't tell her hubby to go smack him... She had one of those 'oh god you didn't really just go there' looks

I voted wrong...

1) he did laugh but I dont know if he was just grinning before he realized the joke was about his wife's bald head - she's hot w/wo hair
      2) Rock is a small dude
      3) put a major damper on the ceremony and he was a guest
      4) I doubt Rock knew about her condition
      5) it was a cheap shot

otoh

1) terrible joke, imagine yucking it up over a woman who lost her hair from cancer treatments
      Last edited by Berzerker; March 28, 2022, 13:56.

Comment

If we were allowed to smack a comedian every time they made an off colour joke we'd have a lot more dead comedians.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I appreciate his dedication to his wife, but violence is never an acceptable way to handle that type situation.
          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

I like both Rock and Smith and I'm disappointed in Will

but he's not that dedicated they have an open marriage and both have had extramarital relationships

Comment

• PLATO
              PLATO commented
              Editing a comment
              Well...there is that I guess! LOL

• Berzerker
              Berzerker commented
              Editing a comment
              I hear she's the one who had a long term fling and he's put up with it, I thought both of them had affairs but maybe she's the one who wants an open marriage and he's not handling it well

The only thing their marriage isn't open to, is a joke

(thank you)

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
              Uncle Sparky commented
              Editing a comment
              Now that's a punchline!

Rock may have stepped over the line, but this kind of thing has happened many times on televised awards. See Ricky Gervais, among others.

Will Smith committed assault and battery. There was no need to act out, especially on camera on a global live (OK, almost live) telecast. The fact that he was "defending" his wife does not excuse his behavior.

Both rich. Both famous. Both wrong. Don't care.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Will Smith couldn't just sit there and laugh about his wife's condition. A mistake? Yeah, probably.
              I threw a guy down the stairs for less.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Berzerker
                Berzerker commented
                Editing a comment
                I sent you a message, they need your email

Chris Rock said he didn't know about her condition and the Academy is reviewing the situation

Comment

Wil was right. You don't insult another man's wife, especially her physical appearance.
                "

Comment

by comparing her to GI Jane?

Thats not why Smith blew his stack, he thought Rock was making fun of her medical issue with hair loss

I can see having that reaction but I'd hope I gave it some thought first and realized Rock might not know and thinks Jada is making a fashion statement.

I really cant see Rock making that joke if he knew it was medical

Comment

Call me a jaded old cynic but:
                    Interesting that nobody is saying it was all just a big publicity ploy for the Oscars and the actors involved.

Makes me think that's exactly what it was.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Wanna know why Will Smith hit him with an open hand?

Because paper beats rock.
                      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Working...
                      X