Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Easter

He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. - Matthew 28:6

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

He has risen.

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

happy easter

amazing how Jesus timed his birth and death/resurrection with the 2 most important holidays back then

Comment

Scholarship both now and in the past determined that Dec. 25 was not likely to be the date of Christ's birth. Rather it is when we remember it.

Christs's Death and Resurrection is based on the time frame of Passover, which was a Jewish festival and important holiday. It couldn't be on another date without being a very different event.

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
          Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
          Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

"Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
              Uncle Sparky commented
              Editing a comment
              That is completely wrong. It's supposed to be women witnesses. That is why only women can be priests.

• dannubis
              dannubis commented
              Editing a comment
              To put it in the worlds of Mary, mother of god : "Come again ?"

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
            Scholarship both now and in the past determined that Dec. 25 was not likely to be the date of Christ's birth. Rather it is when we remember it.

Christs's Death and Resurrection is based on the time frame of Passover, which was a Jewish festival and important holiday. It couldn't be on another date without being a very different event.

JM
            I dont think it was remembered as Christmas, just adopted because Dec 25th is 3 days after the winter solstice when people could see the Sun made the turnaround instead of heading even further south

Comment

Celebrate Holy Week by flogging a banker.

That's what Jesus would have done.
              There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Comment

• Berzerker
                  Berzerker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  the bitcoin revolution

Amen
                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

The resurrection undermines the sacrifice. Silly Christians.
                  "

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                    Uncle Sparky commented
                    Editing a comment
                    So, how do you even get the sacrifice if you know you're immortal? (rhetorical)

dat be true...

Comment

dat be dumber dan a rock
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by EPW View Post
                      The resurrection undermines the sacrifice. Silly Christians.
                      Why don't you go troll Muslims on Ramadan you creep.
                      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

It's hard to make fun of Ramadan because it isn't associated with miracles or anthropomorphic rabbits as far as I know.
                        "

Comment

Working...
                        X