Modern day Greece is not descended from Ancient Greece

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modern day Greece is not descended from Ancient Greece

It shares no direct cultural link except what's been appropriated by the current government. The modern greek 'language' is nothing but a cheap imitation of the illustrious original. The 'greek' people have no genetics in common with great people of Athens or Corinth or Sparta as they've been conquered and raped over and over again throughout the centuries. The only thing left in common is the geography, which also pales in comparison to the original.

Thank you for your time.
    "

5/10
    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Random "This is Spartaaaa!!!!" reply
      Blah

Comment

AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
        JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

Revisionist anti-Greek bs.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

In history class they clamed a lot of Greek traditional foods actually came from Turkey but I don't remember the specifics
            "Fanaticism is to superstition what delirium is to fever and fury to anger." -Voltaire

Comment

Most Turkish foods actually came from the Bzyantine Empire which was Greek.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Literally the Roman Empire bro.
                "

Comment

People from the country of Macedonia certainly have a better claim to those ties. Alexander the Great was MACEDONIAN, not Greek.
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by EPW View Post
                    Literally the Roman Empire bro.
                    I love it when people use common knowledge and pretend it is some how profound or unknown. Yes, eastern Roman Empire but they were dominated by Greek language and culture thus why I said what I did.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
                      People from the country of Macedonia certainly have a better claim to those ties. Alexander the Great was MACEDONIAN, not Greek.
                      Yeah. But the Slavic population didn't move into that area until like the 8th century or later?

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post

I love it when people use common knowledge and pretend it is some how profound or unknown. Yes, eastern Roman Empire but they were dominated by Greek language and culture thus why I said what I did.
                        So what? They still weren't anything like Ancient Greece save the language(which had already diverged greatly by this time).
                        "

Comment

Saying the Byzantine Empire = Greece is idiotic frankly.
                          "

Comment

Only if you are completely uninformed. We will just chalk it up to you being bad at history.

Comment

Originally posted by EPW View Post
                              Saying the Byzantine Empire = Greece is idiotic frankly.
                              They were culturally Greek, but for some reason didn't want to have anything to do with it, so they called themselves Romans in Greek
                              Blah

Comment

Working...
                              X