Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Democrats will stand trial for inciting violence.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh sorry. Should have been "Ds: "
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
      TIME says that a cabal operated in the shadows to make sure Biden would win. No one is disputing the truth of this that I know of.

https://time.com/5936036/secret-2020-election-campaign/
      So... a bunch of people teamed up to stop Trump. Your point?
      A bunch of Republicans teamed up with Trump to lie about a stolen election
      PAC's on both sides spent tons of dollars supporting both candidates...
      Think Tanks on both sides tried their best to help their candidates.

But if you want to call it some grand conspiracy, oh please, keep repeating the nonsense being spoon fed to you...
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

From the article:

There was a conspiracy unfolding behind the scenes, one that both curtailed the protests and coordinated the resistance from CEOs. Both surprises were the result of an informal alliance between left-wing activists and business titans. The pact was formalized in a terse, little-noticed joint statement of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and AFL-CIO published on Election Day. Both sides would come to see it as a sort of implicit bargain–inspired by the summer’s massive, sometimes destructive racial-justice protests–in which the forces of labor came together with the forces of capital to keep the peace and oppose Trump’s assault on democracy.

The handshake between business and labor was just one component of a vast, cross-partisan campaign to protect the election–an extraordinary shadow effort dedicated not to winning the vote but to ensuring it would be free and fair, credible and uncorrupted. For more than a year, a loosely organized coalition of operatives scrambled to shore up America’s institutions as they came under simultaneous attack from a remorseless pandemic and an autocratically inclined President. Though much of this activity took place on the left, it was separate from the Biden campaign and crossed ideological lines, with crucial contributions by nonpartisan and conservative actors. The scenario the shadow campaigners were desperate to stop was not a Trump victory. It was an election so calamitous that no result could be discerned at all, a failure of the central act of democratic self-governance that has been a hallmark of America since its founding.

Their work touched every aspect of the election. They got states to change voting systems and laws and helped secure hundreds of millions in public and private funding. They fended off voter-suppression lawsuits, recruited armies of poll workers and got millions of people to vote by mail for the first time. They successfully pressured social media companies to take a harder line against disinformation and used data-driven strategies to fight viral smears. They executed national public-awareness campaigns that helped Americans understand how the vote count would unfold over days or weeks, preventing Trump’s conspiracy theories and false claims of victory from getting more traction. After Election Day, they monitored every pressure point to ensure that Trump could not overturn the result. “The untold story of the election is the thousands of people of both parties who accomplished the triumph of American democracy at its very foundation,” says Norm Eisen, a prominent lawyer and former Obama Administration official who recruited Republicans and Democrats to the board of the Voter Protection Program.

For Trump and his allies were running their own campaign to spoil the election. The President spent months insisting that mail ballots were a Democratic plot and the election would be “rigged.” His henchmen at the state level sought to block their use, while his lawyers brought dozens of spurious suits to make it more difficult to vote–an intensification of the GOP’s legacy of suppressive tactics. Before the election, Trump plotted to block a legitimate vote count. And he spent the months following Nov. 3 trying to steal the election he’d lost–with lawsuits and conspiracy theories, pressure on state and local officials, and finally summoning his army of supporters to the Jan. 6 rally that ended in deadly violence at the Capitol.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

You two play the same card over and over thinking it's a super good play.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
            -Jrabbit commented
            Editing a comment
            I know: blatantly quoting an article you misunderstood.

It's funny: You read about Trump's clear and obvious attempt to subvert the election and somehow never see it for the anti-democratic power-grab that it was. Have some more Kool-Aid, you brainwashed simpleton.

More from the Time article:

Wamp, the former GOP Congressman, worked through the nonpartisan reform group Issue One to rally Republicans. “We thought we should bring some bipartisan element of unity around what constitutes a free and fair election,” Wamp says. The 22 Democrats and 22 Republicans on the National Council on Election Integrity met on Zoom at least once a week. They ran ads in six states, made statements, wrote articles and alerted local officials to potential problems. “We had rabid Trump supporters who agreed to serve on the council based on the idea that this is honest,” Wamp says. This is going to be just as important, he told them, to convince the liberals when Trump wins. “Whichever way it cuts, we’re going to stick together.”

The Voting Rights Lab and IntoAction created state-specific memes and graphics, spread by email, text, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and TikTok, urging that every vote be counted. Together, they were viewed more than 1 billion times. Protect Democracy’s election task force issued reports and held media briefings with high-profile experts across the political spectrum, resulting in widespread coverage of potential election issues and fact-checking of Trump’s false claims. The organization’s tracking polls found the message was being heard: the percentage of the public that didn’t expect to know the winner on election night gradually rose until by late October, it was over 70%. A majority also believed that a prolonged count wasn’t a sign of problems. “We knew exactly what Trump was going to do: he was going to try to use the fact that Democrats voted by mail and Republicans voted in person to make it look like he was ahead, claim victory, say the mail-in votes were fraudulent and try to get them thrown out,” says Protect Democracy’s Bassin. Setting public expectations ahead of time helped undercut those lies.
          Yeah, protecting democracy is just so, so evil...
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
              That's usually our response to your constant quoting or providing links to stories you obviously haven't read or fully understand. But gee... people got together to try to elect a president they like (or in this case, get rid of a moron)...
              What's the problem. Everybody does it. But I guess it's "evil" in your book when the Dems do it.
              Keep on Civin'

Comment

They said they had to give you fake news to get you to vote for Biden. I can't think of a worse way to burn Democrats but you don't see any problem

Comment

And you still Believe the BIG LIE, but you don't see a problem with that...
                  Keep on Civin'

Comment

Who told you that? The people that admit to fooling you, which you defend.

Comment

You really haven't read the article, have you?

Comment

You read stuff like that like you're a school boy reading his textbook, remembering the answers. Those people are brainwashing you.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
                          -Jrabbit commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Dude, you've been brainwashed for years. Everyone here has seen your transformation.
                          So when your masters tell you that the Other Guys are the ones who are brainwashed, and you lap it up like the faithful puppy you are.

I suggest you watch the impeachment proceedings. Maybe watching Trump's lawyers argue that the Constitution is unconstitutional will wake you up.

They just told you that they brainwash you and they got you to agree with it. Pitiful.

Comment

And you thinking that you are learning things from this impeachment trial ...

You're a joke.

Comment

Gee... trying to turn Trump's losing and then his impeachment into attack points against the Dems... talk about a joke
                            Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                            X