Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N35t0r
    replied
    I still got the default one, didn't notice any change (and I would have, lol cuts off the bottoms of avatars in mobile view)

Leave a comment:

• Buster Crabbe's Uncle
    replied
    -And a confession - you may have noticed the text display got smaller yesterday just before noon, and the top and index got flatter-looking. I set the default theme to Laughing out loud in February, and didn't say anything out of curiosity if anyone would notice. Not many seemed to; a few members promptly switched back to Default Style, and I believe Jon Miller's not liking the new look last page was not a comment on the latest tweaks to España. The only other complaint I've gotten was from Ming, and I am chastened. -And those two complaints is all the mention of the change I'm aware of.

So if you liked the larger type and/or the more dynamic look we had for six weeks, that's Laughing out loud near the bottom of the theme select drop-down bottom-left on every page. Do have a glance at ALL the themes while you're in there. When I've put considerable time into a project, as I did with each theme, I'd [s]like[/s] need to discuss the work - and, while there's no pleasing everyone, I do like to try.

Leave a comment:

• Buster Crabbe's Uncle
    replied
    Not graphics, but still display - you may have noticed that there were glitchy duplicate subforms here and there, two in Other Games, for example; for another, Apolyton University in Civ IV. They've been there for years. Solver told me they're mystery glitch thingies he'll never find time to track down to fix and not to delete them for fear it'll break the site. Well, I'd put "Glitch - please don't use" for descriptions on all but one I missed in CTP, and a couple days ago, it hit me - why not just set them invisible. After duely consulting Solver that it was safe, I have done so, and Poly looks that little bit less crapulent.

You're welcome.

Leave a comment:

• Buster Crabbe's Uncle
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	apolyton-civilization-site-logo-maroonMetallicLight771x161.png
Views:	101
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	9432913

Leave a comment:

• Buster Crabbe's Uncle
    replied
    Just felt like tinkering w/ the logo design, no plans for this...

Click image for larger version  Name:	apolyton-civilization-site-logo-maroonGoldDark771x161.png Views:	1 Size:	26.2 KB ID:	9432903

Leave a comment:

• Buster Crabbe's Uncle
    replied
    Still in Oceánico - which with less gulls, is more serene.

---

Working on this:

Click image for larger version  Name:	ArchivesScreen2.png Views:	1 Size:	197.0 KB ID:	9432811
    Last edited by Buster Crabbe's Uncle; March 9, 2022, 21:47.

Leave a comment:

• Buster Crabbe's Uncle
    replied
    I'm mostly in Oceánico for the second day in a row - it's serene.

Leave a comment:

• Buster Crabbe's Uncle
    replied
    Oceánico may be done now.

Click image for larger version  Name:	OceánicoTheme2.png Views:	1 Size:	405.1 KB ID:	9432252

I stare obsessively at these things until I have an idea to try - hard to say when I'm actually done.

Leave a comment:

• astrologix
    replied
    Wow! Great!

Leave a comment:

• Buster Crabbe's Uncle
    replied
    At Astrologix' suggestion this morning, I added Cervantes' head and a Don Quixote shadow to Civilization Cuatro...

Name:	CivQuatroTheme.png
Views:	116
Size:	566.1 KB
ID:	9432044

And that works whether you recognize them or not. This is probably my best Poly theme yet.

Leave a comment:

• Buster Crabbe's Uncle
    replied

Name:	CivQuatroTheme.png
Views:	136
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	9431861

Leave a comment:

• Buster Crabbe's Uncle
    replied

Name:	OceánicoTheme.png
Views:	127
Size:	309.8 KB
ID:	9431758Click image for larger version

Name:	OceánicoPosts.png
Views:	128
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	9431759

Leave a comment:

• Jon Miller
    replied
    It is better.

JM

Leave a comment:

• Buster Crabbe's Uncle
    replied
    Darkened the red sides considerably, which assaults my retinas less.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Español3.png Views:	1 Size:	324.9 KB ID:	9431623
    The thread view is white background, and isn't so bad.

Leave a comment:

• Buster Crabbe's Uncle
    replied
    ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X