Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you deal with loneliness or anxiety?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you deal with loneliness or anxiety?

I love playing Civilization V and it still gets me hooked up than VI but I'm just wondering, I've been feeling lonely this past few days as Christmas season is coming and I can't be with my parents this year as both are in total isolation for being vulnerable to this Covid-19, I just missed going back in the days where I get to be with everyone. Is anyone on the same boat as me? How do you deal with loneliness or anxiety? Any advice will be appreciated...

Pray about it! Jesus helped me and can help you.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Thank you for the kind words Lancer, I'm a Christian but I sometimes forget to pray to Him these days. I guess this is His way for me to remember Him again.

Comment

Perhaps, also we are all sinners, whether we like it or not. This sadness could be a result. May God bless you.
        Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Take solace in knowing your sacrifice and selfless act is saving lives. A vaccine is right around the corner.

With modern video calling, loved ones are always 1 call away. Conferencing software providers give away free calls during the holidays.

For anxiety, there's alot of breathing techniques that can help. Search around until you find one that works for you. You will know when it's working because your body will feel a "shift" and everything slows down. It literally feels like a switch just got flipped.
          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I TALK TO THE SPIRITS. THERAPY.
            Order of the Fly
            Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• Ted Striker
              Ted Striker commented
              Editing a comment
              Most underrated sequel of all time. Love the atmosphere. Now I gotta go watch it!

Speaking to a therapist could help you.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Sports or at least "activity", preferrably outdoors/nature/sunlight. The latter may be in short supply over winter, still ...
              Blah

Comment

Good point, seasonal mood disorders are a real thing due to lack of sunlight, which can depress hormones, plus drop vitamin D levels.

OP if you are in a cloudy environment with low sun, it's also possible.
                We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Become a stoic and walk it off.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I would actually endorse Stoicism as well, especially in these times, though Slowwhand's rusty knife delivery needs some work.

Comment

I take a long walk on the beach.
                      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

get a pet from a shelter

Comment

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts about my situation. I found listening to Delta waves music in youtube my friend has recommended soothing while I sit on my backyard. It's been my lifelong plan to add a dog to be my family but for now, I'm still not sure I can take care of one due to my work schedule as I live alone. I'm also asleep during morning and awake and working at night until early morning the other day that's maybe why I feel dim too often. Still, I appreciate all the thoughts you guys gave.

Comment

• Ted Striker
                            Ted Striker commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Keep us updated man and stay safe

Hello all,

I'm stopping by and leaving this article here that I've stumbled upon looking for some ways to cope with anxiety, stress, etc during this pandemic and I hope that anyone who reads this will find some good advice too as I have done. Thank you! I wish you all a Merry Christmas! 2 more days to go!
                          Anxious about COVID-19? Here’s how to cope with the fear and uncertainty and protect your mental health.

Comment

Working...
                          X