No announcement yet.

In Other News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mum appalled by Trolls doll daughter was given that makes 'disturbing' sounds
    A Trolls doll made by Hasbro has sparked outrage online after a parent shared her shock at discovering the toy had a very 'inappropriate' feature

Earlier this week a parent went viral on social media after sharing a video of a Trolls doll her daughter was gifted for her birthday.
    Hasbro's Trolls World Tour Giggle and Sing Poppy initially seemed like a cute present, but on closer inspection the mum, Jamie Nelson Cornaby, became very concerned.
    She soon realised that the
    toy had a feature which wasn't mentioned on the box - there was a button between the doll's legs on the 'privates'.

In order to highlight her concern, Jamie filmed herself pressing the button, claiming when she did so it made "sexual sounds" like gasping.
    In the clip, she says: "Touch her tummy and she makes little singing sounds and she's super cute.
    "I was showing her to my husband and I heard some other sounds that I'd never heard before and if you look, down here is a button, right here on her privates and if you push it she makes these sounds, like a gasping sound and I know some of you may not think this is a big deal, but this is wrong."
    She continued: "For one, it says nothing about this button on the box, nothing, it's just there and it makes a gasping sound when you touch her privates and to me it's just like sexual sounds and it's so disturbing."
    The button isn't mentioned in
    the Hasbro product descriptions for the Poppy doll, however it does say: "When you sit her down, she makes other funny sounds, too!"
    After seeing the video, fellow parent Jessica McManis decided to take action and launched a petition urging the manufacturer to stop selling the dolls.
    More than 360,000 people have signed the petition, with many agreeing in the comments that the doll was "inappropriate" and "sick".
    Hasbro have since decided to pull the doll from sale.
    Julie Duffy,
    the company's senior vice president for global communications told CNN : "This feature was designed to react when the doll was seated, but we recognize the placement of the sensor may be perceived as inappropriate.
    "This was not intentional, and we are happy to provide consumers with a replacement Poppy doll of similar value through our Consumer Care team. We are in the process of removing the item for purchase."
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Amazing. It sounds like a satire site article.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

A lot of this stuff comes from the Mirror in the UK. I have no clue how real any of it is, but it sure is funny stuff
        Keep on Civin'

Comment

"Can you show me on the doll where he touched you?" "Did you make that noise as well?"
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

A brewery has been called out over the name of their new beer

Hell's Basement, a brewery in Canada, has issued an apology after learning the true meaning behind the name of one of their beers.
            The brewery recently launched a pale ale called Huruhuru, which they believed meant 'feather', as they wanted to show their beer was 'light as a feather'
            But it turns out, in Māori the word has multiple meanings and is also commonly known to mean 'pubic hair'.
            And they're not the only ones who accidentally made this mistake, a leather store in New Zealand also features 'huruhuru' branding.

Keep on Civin'

Comment

So... has Alec Baldwin been rushed to Washington?
              There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                Uncle Sparky commented
                Editing a comment
                ... maybe next time...

Originally posted by Ming View Post

This photo is the best summary of online dating I've ever seen.

Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
              I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Seems the pro liberal news media has a double standard when it comes news

A 5-year-old North Carolina boy was allegedly shot dead by his neighbor while riding his bicycle outside his home over the weekend. Little Cannon Hinnant was playing outside his father’s hous…

Comment

Mississippi will not put a huge mosquito on its new state flag.
                  Proposed design slipped through screening process and should not have been selected, state officials say

Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Docfeelgood View Post
                    Seems the pro liberal news media has a double standard when it comes news

https://nypost.com/2020/08/11/5-year...M-ygTtRI5Q8-yM
                    Indeed. If the colors had been reversed they would be howling about supposed white supremacy. It is disgusting.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                      Uncle Sparky commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Only because the shooter would never have been arrested if the races had been reversed. It is disgusting.

One Hezbollah member convicted, 3 co-conspirators acquitted by tribunal in Beirut bombing enquiry.

That's for the bombing in '05 that killed the Lebanese PM.
                    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Missing Lego piece falls out of seven-year-old boy's nose TWO YEARS after he pushed it up his nostril

Sameer from New Zealand inserted the tiny piece of plastic in his nose in 2018
                      His parents took the boy to a doctor who failed to find the Lego part at the time
                      The missing piece unexpectedly dropped out of Sameer's nostril two years later
                      It reappeared when the young child took a big sniff of cupcakes and felt a pain.

A boy in New Zealand had a missing piece of Lego fall out of his nose two years after he pushed it up his nostril.
                      Seven-year-old Sameer Anwar, from Dunedin, New Zealand, was taken to a local GP by his parents after he inserted the tiny toy part into his nose in 2018.
                      Doctors were unable to find it. But the Lego piece unexpectedly fell out of Sameer’s nostril after the child sniffed a plate of cupcakes over the weekend.
                      The young boy was brought to the doctors by his concerned parents who found out that their son had lost a piece of Lego, part of a Lego character’s arm, up his nose.
                      ‘One day he just told us he had slipped in a tiny piece of Lego and then we tried our best to bring it out but nothing came out,’ Mudassir Anwar, Sameer’s father, told The New Zealand Herald.
                      After having a thorough examination, the local GP failed to find the minuscule piece of black plastic inside the young patient’s nose.
                      The doctor advised the parents that the piece may have never been up Sameer’s nostril or it had moved through his digestive system naturally.
                      The parents soon forgot about the missing Lego piece after Sameer showed no signs of pains or distress.
                      ‘Since then he's never complained or anything,’ Mr Anwar said. He also told The Guardian that his son was ‘quite playful and a mischievous character’.
                      Then on Sunday night, the young boy, who was excited by a plate of pink cupcakes he was having, took a big sniff of the sugary treats and felt a sudden pain in his nose.
                      Thinking he’d sniffed up some cake crumbs, Sameer’s mother helped her son blow his nose to clear his nostrils.
                      To their surprise, the missing piece of black Lego, covered in fungus, popped out of the child’s nose instead.
                      Sameer, who remains a fan of the colourful plastic bricks, was thrilled to discover the Lego piece, saying to his parents: ‘Mum, I found the Lego! You were telling me it wasn’t there, but it was there!’
                      Apparently, it was not the first time Sameer has put something up his nose.
                      His father said that the boy had pushed an imitation pearl up his nostril when he was three-year-old. But Mr Anwar was able to retrieve it later.
                      A picture shows the returned piece of Lego wrapped in a tissue paper as the family are still deciding what they should do with it.
                      Mr Anwar had joked to his wife ‘that we should donate it to a museum'.
                      Keep on Civin'

Comment

Addendum to nekkid boar guy:

Elsa might now be the world's most famous wild boar - and her celebrity has drawn a crowd of fans campaigning to save her from hunters.

Elsa is the name given to the sow who was chased by a German nudist in Berlin, after she snatched his plastic bag containing a laptop.

Pictures of the chase, in a popular bathing area, went viral. The boar managed to flee with her two piglets.

But officials do not rule out that she could be culled, with other boars.

(cut)

Blah

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                          Uncle Sparky commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Only if they cull the nudist... fair is fair.

Originally posted by Thoth View Post

This photo is the best summary of online dating I've ever seen.
                        On the upside, a bit of running might be good for him even if it is traumatizing to everyone who sees him do it naked.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

The Israeli-UAE peace deal is actually going to involve several other nations, including Saudi Arabia. This has been in the works for awhile. Yes, during the Obama administration, although they had nothing to do with it. This diplomatic efforts are working to isolate Iran and its remaining allies.
                          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X