In Other News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Other News

Consider this the place to post news stories that have nothing do with global pandemics, politics, racial tensions, and all those other depressing stories out there...

Colorado woman finds snake inside toilet bowl

Aug. 4 (UPI) -- A Colorado woman said she was "terrified" when she looked into her toilet and saw something shocking -- a snake coming up from the drain.
    Miranda Stewart, of Fort Collins, said she was using the restroom at her Varsity Apartments home when she made the startling discovery.
    "I used the restroom, like went to flush and everything and it wasn't going down. I looked and leaned in closer and a snake head slithered up. I was terrified," Stewart
    told KDVR-TV.
    Stewart said the discovery reinforced a longtime fear she once thought to be irrational.
    "It's actually been one of my fears since I was a kid," she said.
    Stewart
    shared photos of her apartment's maintenance man extracting the snake from inside the commode.
    "We're thinking it was a possible pet from one of the tenants from our apartment complex. If the snake got in their toilet and slithered to ours," Stewart said.
    The reptile, a non-venomous corn snake, was adopted by the maintenance worker, Wesley Stanford.

"I took him home and my wife was very happy with me and we named him Boots. He's our little guard snake on the property," Sanford said.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

In the movies they had even Snakes On A Plane!

While we are at wildlife -- this headline gave me a giggle, even if the story behind is less exciting:

Beaver families win legal 'right to remain'
    Fifteen beaver families have been given a permanent home on the River Otter in East Devon.

It would have been much cooler if them beavers fought for this in court themselves, but oh well.
    Blah

Comment

Russian chefs in naked lockdown protest after virus strips them of income

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russian restaurant owners stripped of their income by the coronavirus lockdown are campaigning for their businesses to be allowed to reopen by posting pictures of themselves naked on social media.

Hundreds of bar, restaurant and cafe employees have posted photographs of themselves naked with carefully positioned plates, cups, saucepans, bottles, bar stools and napkin holders.
      Their demand is for authorities to allow them to start serving clients as the country gradually eases measures to stop the spread of the coronavirus.
      “We are naked because we are left with nothing,” said Arthur Galaychyuk, owner of the Relab Family bar chain in the city of Kazan, whose 20 employees took part in the campaign.
      Restaurants in Kazan will be allowed to open their summer terraces on June 11 after more than two months of lockdown.
      “We don’t want to stage a strip show or to fool around, we only want one thing - to work!” said Pavel, a chef from the Siberian city of Novosibirsk, in a post with a group picture of his colleagues wearing only masks and holding kitchenware.
      “We don’t pose more of a risk then supermarkets, shopping malls, hair salons or public transport,” the post said.
      Authorities in Novosibirsk have not announced when local restaurants can open.
      Keep on Civin'

Comment

I've seen where Novosibirsk is, I bet everywhere is hot relative to there
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

The battery in my watch ran out approx. 19:49 - that confused me for a while. Add to that, I have to get a fresh supply of contact lenses since I only have for some six days. Last, my niece are going to get married in some two weeks and expect me to be there - looks like I have to get out in the near future
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

NRA is accused of embezzling millions of Thoughts and Prayers!

And for you doubters, a link: https://www.thebeaverton.com/2020/08...qPX6xzTglB7L8g
            There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

The National Rifle (through my stuff) Association.
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Someone (not Canadian or Mexican) has declared a trade war. A few months after NAFTA2 was signed, who could be that incredibly stupid?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/tru...riff-1.5677036
                There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Well, someone decides to improve US strength :

"Canadian aluminum does not undermine U.S. national security. Canadian aluminum strengthens U.S. national security and has done so for decades through unparalleled co-operation between our two countries," she said.
                  Well done
                  With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                    Uncle Sparky commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That is Chrystia Freeland, Canada's Deputy PM, who was our chief negotiator on NAFTA2. Trump hates her, and she is unwelcomed in Russia.

Originally posted by Ming View Post
                  Consider this the place to post news stories that have nothing do with global pandemics, politics, racial tensions, and all those other depressing stories out there...

Imagine taking a **** and being hit on the ass.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison View Post
                    I've seen where Novosibirsk is, I bet everywhere is hot relative to there
                    Serb loves it there and I am pretty sure his blood flows with vodka as anti-freeze.
                    Last edited by Dinner; August 8, 2020, 07:37.

Comment

Naked sunbather chases wild boar through park after it steals his laptop bag

A naked sunbather was seen chasing wild boar through a park after it stole his laptop bag.
                      Amusing photographs from Germany show the man running after the animal to try and claim the plastic bag back.
                      But the cheeky boar and its two piglets appear to be too quick for the sunbather, who can't keep up with their speedy little trotters.
                      As the incident unfolds, groups of friends and family sat on the grass watch on and laugh.
                      Heads are seen turning in surprise and amusement in the hilarious photographs.
                      The incident happened at Teufelssee Lake - a bathing spot in the Grunwell Forest in Berlin, Germany.
                      The snaps were taken by Adele Landauer, who said: "Nature strikes back! Wild boar hunt at Teufelssee!

Keep on Civin'

Comment

Thumbs up for the achievement of chasing wild boar away - they can be nasty. But big minus for the aesthetics. Though maybe that is what scared them beasts most...
                        Last edited by BeBMan; August 7, 2020, 10:01.
                        Blah

Comment

• dannubis
                          dannubis commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Are you sure he was chasing the boar away ?

That's definitely a picture for a caption contest
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Not really in the same category but we adopted a kitten a few months back and the cat has taken to waking me up at 5am by licking my nose. Why are you licking my nose kitty? Also why do I have the feeling you’d be eating my nose if you could?

Comment

Working...
                          X