• Show
Clear All

• What about his "health care" plan... just more Trump Lies
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
      What about his "health care" plan... just more Trump Lies
      "President Trump outlined his long-awaited health care plan on Thursday, signing a series of executive orders he said are aimed at protecting Americans with pre-existing conditions, ending surprise billing and introducing more affordable public options.

The move comes as the Trump administration tries to overturn ObamaCare in the Supreme Court after getting rid of the key enforcement tool of the law, the individual mandate, when Congress eliminated the penalty for not having insurance.

Abolishing it could mean 20 million Americans lose their health insurance, though the case will not be heard until after the election.

“We’re delivering better care with more choice at a much lower cost and working to ensure Americans have access to the care they need,” Trump said of his “America First Health Care Plan” at an event in Charlotte, NC."
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• LOL, a series of proposed executive orders. That's not legislation.
      Just a fresh pile of promises with no vetting or input from the House or Senate.
      Another wannabe dictator move.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• pchang
        pchang commented
        Editing a comment
        Not dictator. More like con man. Just window dressing with nothing substantive behind it.

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
      LOL, a series of proposed executive orders. That's not legislation.
      Just a fresh pile of promises with no vetting or input from the House or Senate.
      Another wannabe dictator move.
      Blah blah blah with the dictator crap again. If the Supreme Court rules that Obamacare is unconstitutional then it will be up to Congress to protect the uninsured. How is that the President's fault?

Comment

• -Jrabbit
        -Jrabbit commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm not saying anything is his fault. But he's been promising a health care plan since he began running in '16 and has done NOTHING.
        Proposing a pile of executive orders is not how things work. A real President proposes legislation and works to get it passed.
        This is just another con and, as usual, you're lapping it up.

• Kidlicious
        Kidlicious commented
        Editing a comment
        This is BS. It takes Congress. Congress is the legislative body.

• -Jrabbit
        -Jrabbit commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL agreeing with me but doesn't even realize it. Kidiot strikes again.

• Uhhh... because it's the Republicans who brought the case to the courts without a plan in place.
      Because Trump has been "promising" his great, cheaper, better coverage, protection blah blah blah, for the last three years, and he has done NOTHING, yet it is always just weeks away.
      But of course, right before the election since he doesn't want to actually look like the liar that he is, he signs some executive orders that will do very little. Executive Orders in NOT a health plan.
      Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
        I know. He said that people in California have to eat through there masks like they have to do in Russia. Now he said Joe Biden is hiding in his basement. What a liar!
        Can Serb confirm that he is eating through a mask?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
          Uhhh... because it's the Republicans who brought the case to the courts without a plan in place.
          Because Trump has been "promising" his great, cheaper, better coverage, protection blah blah blah, for the last three years, and he has done NOTHING, yet it is always just weeks away.
          But of course, right before the election since he doesn't want to actually look like the liar that he is, he signs some executive orders that will do very little. Executive Orders in NOT a health plan.
          There is no case headed for the Supreme Court that threatens Obamacare. That's a bunch hysteria created by Democrats.

Yes he wants to improve health care. That takes Congress.

Comment

• -Jrabbit
            -Jrabbit commented
            Editing a comment
            Obviously any member of Congress can propose a bill. But the President can propose legislation and send it to Congress for consideration. It's called leadership.

Before you start another fact-free rant, read this:
            The president may personally propose legislation in annual and special messages to Congress including the annual State of the Union address and joint sessions of Congress. If Congress has adjourned without acting on proposals, the president may call a special session of the Congress.

But in 4 years, Trump has never bothered. He just tells us it will be something "beautiful" and that we'll see it "in 2 weeks."

• Yep... the President continues to lie about his mythical health care plan that is "always" just two weeks away.
          He has done nothing in years, but right before the election as he was getting nailed for his lies, he signs a couple of executive orders, that might not even really do anything to solve the massive problem. Just another example that he really doesn't care about the American people or his followers. All he cares about is himself. People can be dying of covid, and he continues to say we have turned the corner and it will go away... his lies just keep on coming.
          Keep on Civin'

Comment

There is no case headed for the Supreme Court that threatens Obamacare. That's a bunch hysteria created by Democrats.
            From your own post
            "The move comes as the Trump administration tries to overturn ObamaCare
            ]in the Supreme Court after getting rid of the key enforcement tool of the law, the individual mandate, when Congress eliminated the penalty for not having insurance."

And... Texas v. California
            "The Supreme Court's options for deciding this case are shaped by the complicated history of litigation over the ACA.

The origins of the case go back to 2012, when the court upheld the constitutionality of the ACA's penalty on individuals who lack health coverage—the so-called individual coverage mandate—as a justifiable exercise of Congress' power to tax.

In December 2017, however, President Donald Trump signed into law a tax bill that eliminated the ACA's penalty on individuals who lack health coverage. Afterward, several Republican state attorneys general, led by the state of Texas, filed a lawsuit arguing that the health care statute itself, or at least the parts of the act closely linked to the individual mandate, were no longer valid. Democratic states and the House of Representatives, led by Democrats, stepped in to defend the statute.

In December 2018, a Texas district court struck down the ACA but stayed its ruling pending appeal, concluding that the individual mandate is so connected to the law that Congress would not have passed the ACA without it.

On appeal, in
            Texas v. United States, a split panel of the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals deemed that the individual mandate was unconstitutional, but the panel instructed the district court to rehear the matter and "to employ a finer-toothed comb on remand and conduct a more searching inquiry into which provisions of the ACA Congress intended to be inseverable from the mandate."

However, on March 2, 2019, before the district court could carry out the appellate court's directive, the Supreme Court
            announced it would hear the case in its term beginning in the fall of 2020, blocking the lower courts from taking further action.

The case the Supreme Court will decide is now titled
            Texas v. California"

So yes, there is a case headed to the Supreme Court... it's not a bunch of hysteria created by Democrats. It's a FACT
            Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Ok

Comment

• pchang
                pchang commented
                Editing a comment
                And it will be heard on November 10.

• If Trump thinks bragging about the economy will save him, the markets have some bad news for him.

It has been a messy week for the stock market. With only four days to go until Election Day, rising Covid-19 infections and uncertainty about further government stimulus to help the economy, there's plenty for investors to worry about.

Stocks had their worst week since March, when the market tumbled under the first wave of coronavirus infections and lockdowns -- and one of their worst weeks of the year as a whole.
              All three major indexes also recorded the second straight month of losses.

The Dow (INDU) fell 6.5% on the week while the S&P 500 (SPX), the broadest measure of Wall Street, dropped 5.6%. Though we're not back in lockdown mode yet, some European countries have tightened restrictions again to combat a second wave.

The Dow closed down 0.6%, or 158 points, on Friday. It was also its worst month of the year since March.

The S&P ended the day 1.2% lower.

But the tech-heavy Nasdaq Composite (COMP) fared the worst on Friday, as tech stocks got clobbered. Shares of Twitter, for example, closed down more than 20%, following the company's earnings Thursday. Apple (AAPL) and Amazon (AMZN) shares also tumbled after their earnings reports. The Nasdaq finished down 2.5% on Friday, for a drop of 5.5% on the week.
              Promises made...
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• pchang
                pchang commented
                Editing a comment
                Promises kept.....As long as you only ask people like Kidiot.

• Because they think Biden will win.

Comment

Because they think Biden will win.
                Uhhh... it's all about no stimulus package and bad numbers on Covid.
                Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Is that what CNN is saying to cover for the biggest scandal in US history?

Comment

• No... that's what all the leading economists are saying... you know, actual experts.
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                    X