Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is the problem with the US and UK...all f**king bleating about personal rights without any responsibility towards anyone else. I barely leave the house which is the best way of minimisation, do as much shopping online as is absolutely possible. But I have a mask there...a P3 mask for my personal protection and a surgical mask for the protection of others. And safety glasses to protect my eyes from any particulates on the infrequent occasion I do need to go to an indoor place with other people.

Why are people so damn resistant and shirking their responsibility towards others?
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• Originally posted by Provost Harrison View Post
      You know Kidicious, it's not all about you. Wearing a mask reduces the spread of the disease. It doesn't necessarily protect you, but it reduces the spread of droplets and particulates that you expel...and you may well have the virus and be asymptomatic. It's all about reducing the spread of the disease, and getting R below 1...if this is achieved and is sustained, the disease does not propagate. But this is only one part of a broader strategy - the best strategy is to minimise all contact with others, especially indoors. Buy what you can online, stay at home, go outdoors but maintain distance and we can beat this. You do understand that it's just just about your rights, other people have the right not to be infected by you, even if it is unknowingly? Remember, with great freedoms come great responsibilities.

Also at this stage the government is not thinking of the wellbeing of the population but making a judgement call of acceptable loss vs. economic damage. So it's not even about rule following, it is about personal responsibility so, you know, if you're going out Kid, just, you know, put a f**king mask on. Is that really too much to ask of a good citizen?
      My government never considered the economic impact of the policies they forced on people. Many people lost their businesses. Do you know what it's like to lose your business? Not fun. It's a very traumatic experience. iT's NoT aBoUt YoU!

Look I'm simply saying that it's hard to breathe with a mask on. I'm comparing the pros and cons the way my government should be but aren't. My government is acting insane. That's my primary concern with just blindly doing whatever they say.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

This is the problem with the US and UK...all f**king bleating about personal rights without any responsibility towards anyone else. I barely leave the house which is the best way of minimisation, do as much shopping online as is absolutely possible. But I have a mask there...a P3 mask for my personal protection and a surgical mask for the protection of others. And safety glasses to protect my eyes from any particulates on the infrequent occasion I do need to go to an indoor place with other people.

Why are people so damn resistant and shirking their responsibility towards others?
        You have painted this black and white. People that don't think like you don't disregard the well being of other people at all. They have simply considered both sides of the issue and have made a personal decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

My government never considered the economic impact of the policies they forced on people. Many people lost their businesses. Do you know what it's like to lose your business? Not fun. It's a very traumatic experience. iT's NoT aBoUt YoU!

Look I'm simply saying that it's hard to breathe with a mask on. I'm comparing the pros and cons the way my government should be but aren't. My government is acting insane. That's my primary concern with just blindly doing whatever they say.
          Many people lost their businesses. Many people lost their lives.
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

You have painted this black and white. People that don't think like you don't disregard the well being of other people at all. They have simply considered both sides of the issue and have made a personal decision.
            It's not a personal decision, people have the right to not be infected by you and your selfish behaviour. You have both freedoms and responsibilities in a modern society. Get used to it.
            Speaking of Erith:

Comment

It's not a personal decision, people have the right to not be infected by you and your selfish behaviour. You have both freedoms and responsibilities in a modern society. Get used to it.
              Everything is a personal decision unless everyone agrees that it isn't. That's the basis of a free society. You have no right to tell me which decisions I don't get to make for myself.

Comment

Many people lost their businesses. Many people lost their lives.
                And I'm not the one that is intolerant of people talking about people dying from corona. You are telling me that I shouldn't talk about people losing their business. This is why people like you want to talk about how bad police are but you don't want anyone to present the other side of the argument.

Comment

• “Making me wear a mask impinges my freedoms, so I won’t. You wear a mask if you want and you’ll be protected”

”Making me drive sober impinges my freedoms, so I won’t. You drive sober if you want and you’ll be protected”.
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Everything is a personal decision unless everyone agrees that it isn't. That's the basis of a free society. You have no right to tell me which decisions I don't get to make for myself.
                    Weirdly, I put this through Google Translate from Neoliberal Illiterate to English and it just comes back with "Me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me!". How odd.
                    Speaking of Erith:

Comment

• Kidlicious
                      Kidlicious commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You don't even understand the simple basis of morality.

And I'm not the one that is intolerant of people talking about people dying from corona. You are telling me that I shouldn't talk about people losing their business. This is why people like you want to talk about how bad police are but you don't want anyone to present the other side of the argument.
                    But still, surely you're not still mad enough to vote Trump?
                    Speaking of Erith:

Comment

• Seriously though Kid, not everything is a personal decision. I mean, you can take the decision, as Dauphin says, to drive drunk or murder. But there are hefty repercussions.

You have responsibilities.
                      Speaking of Erith:

Comment

• Your right to swing your fist ends where my nose begins... unless you decide that being told to not swing your arms wildly is fascism.

Comment

No, that is why measures should be in place to protect them from the situation this virus causes, like the furlough schemes or loans/grants to help through this time. Or simply taking appropriate measures for protection in essential jobs. Remember the key word is minimisation. You can take a minor action that could stem the tide of this disease too and get us out of lockdown faster. But you're just behaving like a petulant toddler who doesn't want to do something because you've heard other right-wing commentators take the same stance.

I'm seriously coming to the conclusion that critical thinking should be a major part of any school curriculum in this era.
                          Speaking of Erith:

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
                            “Making me wear a mask impinges my freedoms, so I won’t. You wear a mask if you want and you’ll be protected”

”Making me drive sober impinges my freedoms, so I won’t. You drive sober if you want and you’ll be protected”.
                            Letting people drive drunk does literally impinge on their freedom. The difference is that an overwhelming majority of people agree with drunk driving laws. There is nowhere near that level of agreement with mask laws. It's largely divided along political lines, and that is because of TDS and the partiality of Democratic governors for anyone that isn't loosely associated with Donald Trump or Christians.
                            Last edited by Kidlicious; July 17, 2020, 08:59.

Comment

But still, surely you're not still mad enough to vote Trump?
                              I'm voting for the candidate that is going to be tough on China, good for the economy and supports law and order.

Oh and who doesn't rape women, fiddle with kiddos and suffer from cognitive decline.

Comment

• giblets
                                giblets commented
                                Editing a comment
                                You're voting third party?
                            Working...
                            X