• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	9387598

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Vikings only went to America because of the food! It's fact because I said so, and I agree. Anybody disagreeing has no idea what he's talking about.
      Blah

Comment

I love these dumb arguments. “Chlorine doesn’t work as a disinfectant!” Which is why the EU allows it to be used as a disinfectant on literally thousands upon thousands of different types of food stuff, right? And also allowed it up until 2008 on chicken just like in the US but as soon as the Great Recession hit and EU producers were struggling to compete against superior, safer, and cheaper US chicken... Well, only then did they invent an excuse for their obvious anti-consumer protectionism.

Tell me another one, Joker.

Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

If they want to protect their chickens that's their business.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
            And also allowed it up until 2008 on chicken just like in the US but as soon as the Great Recession hit and EU producers were struggling to compete against superior, safer, and cheaper US chicken... Well, only then did they invent an excuse for their obvious anti-consumer protectionism.
            Do you plan to backup your claims about food quality/chicken/eggs/whatever in the US and/or the EU in the near future? That would be something new

Blah

Comment

If you really care about not getting sick from eating chickens ... or taking good care of chickens ... don't eat chickens. Problem solved!

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                Uncle Sparky commented
                Editing a comment
                What's the matter... you chicken?

Also, this will likely prevent them chickens from launching organized revenge-eatings of humans.
              Blah

Comment

So hey, it looks like there's an actual Brexit deal.
                Boris is very excited.

The deal between the UK and EU ends months of arguments over business rules and fishing rights.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Could just be a bluff so MPs can sell off any stocks they own

Comment

I have so many unanswered questions.

1) Will Scotland actually leave the UK and seek to rejoin the EU? Or is this just empty rhetoric? Surveys seem to favor rejoining the EU.

2) What happens to all the British ex-pats in Spain and Portugal? Losing EU membership status has got to hurt them

3) Where the f is MOBIUS ?
                    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

1) Nope. About 60% support union and it is going to go up from there. Not that Scotland could economically survive without the rest of the UK.

2) The ones who live there filed for residency over the last four years..

3) Mobile went kind of crazy with TDS. I hardly see him even on Facebook these days.

Comment

Um.....I think you have the figure the wrong way around:

Recent polls show consistent support among Scots for leaving Great Britain. Many in Scotland think Prime Minister Boris Johnson is poorly suited to handle the pandemic and trust Scottish leaders more.

One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

It seems to be all over the place depending g upon wording. Some somehow 58% against, some show 52% for, but it doesn't matter because no vote will be allowed any time soon and after things settle in after Brexit the anxiety will decrease.

On the question of whether Scotland should be an independent country, a new poll has found 52 per cent of Scots backed the idea, with 48 per…

Comment

Odds are 50% that there will be another referendum. It's a coin toss at this point.

Comment

The Brexit deal agreed looks a bit of a bust - still better than nothing but not exactly somethign to cheer about. The UK is a net exporter of services, and a net importer of goods. This Brexit deal is reasonable for goods as it is tariff free, albeit contrary to Boris Johnson's claims, not free of non-tariff barriers (either he doesn't understand what that means, doesn't understand his deal or just doesn't care enough to check his claims). It does next to nothing for services - qualifications are not recognised, employees can't work across borders, there is no financial passporting.

Net result, the EU gets more out of this deal than the UK. All because Boris was pointlessly focussed on fish rather than the financial and insurance markets.

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                                Uncle Sparky commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I like fish. And shellfish. I'm fairly sure Canada is a net exporter of seafood. I also like fishnets.
                                Last edited by Uncle Sparky; December 26, 2020, 22:26.
                            Working...
                            X