No announcement yet.

Brexit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With that photo PH you shouldn't have a problem getting a bulgarian citizenship in a heartbeat. Just be sure to keep your hat on

Comment

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
      What is entertaining about the rotten teeth/compulsory education people is that they claim that this is not a spectacular shipwreck and scapegoating extraordinaire exercise that will be reversed in around 15 years but that is somehow marks the ripping apart of the EU pullover.
      EU support is at an all time high at its highest point that it has ever been.
      There are only two people very happy about brexit: putin, trump and prostetic teeh manufacturers
      The funny thing is, that watching the Brexit-Drama in the UK actually was the reason why all (remaining) countries grew closer together again.

After seeing the chaotic Brexit of such a large country like the UK, not even the most diehard nationalists wanted to experience such a thing in their own country ... and therefore the ultra-nationalist Anti-EU Parties in most countries rapidly lost voters and vanished
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

And yet, ironically, the Brexit drama was due to weak government, and not Brexit.*

*Had the Tories had their 60 seat majority in 2015, the whole transition would be over by now.

I see no realistic scenario for the U.K. to rejoin the EU any time soon. The narrative if things turn south will be to double down and blame the EU for bad faith again. If the U.K. does Balkanise then NI and Scotland would rejoin. **** would have to really bad to get the English back in, and I don’t think things will ever be that bad.
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Brexit is going to be wonderful.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Boris' fav word when he's into empty rhetoric seems to be "fantastic". Everything will be "fantastic", no reason to go too much into detail. I mean, it could be worse, he could overuse "huge" and "historic", but with "fantastic" he's on a good way
            Blah

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
              Uncle Sparky commented
              Editing a comment
              Too bad he let Trump beat him to all the goodest words. Boris is not a completely sane genius...

Let's face it, the EU is such a failed **** show that it would be almost impossible to do worse. With deregulation and new trade deals the UK is going to see a boom. It will take 5-10 years for everything to be put in place but Boris seems to be doing all the right things. His new infrastructure plan sounds great, I especially like the idea of the Scotland to Northern Ireland bridge, I can remember discussing such a possibility for such a bridge here at Apolyton many moons back.

Comment

• dannubis
              dannubis commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, I too have a piece of bridge I want to sell you...

It will be fantastic
            Blah

Comment

Letting bakeries put as much sawdust in the bread as they can without customers noticing will make the GDP number go up

Comment

Buying cheap US chlorine chickens could ease the pain while bending over to US/Russian/Chinese whatever demands about "free trade"
                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I just wish EU will not let them get too preferential treatment, not allows them back in with the rebate and preferential treatment they were getting until now. I pity the saner part of the British, somewhat, I really like Britain, but the story of Britain just shows there's no sense in appeasing populists, and any rabates etc should be at best temporary.

I hope EU will force Polish goverment to stop trying to take over the courts of justice too.
                  "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                  I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                  Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
                    Buying cheap US chlorine chickens could ease the pain while bending over to US/Russian/Chinese whatever demands about "free trade"
                    Fact, EU chicken causes food borne illness five times more often than American chicken. It is also cheaper because it is a more efficient system of treatment. You can still buy other forms of treated chicken, such as radiation treatment, but few people buy it because you can't taste any difference and the price difference can be as high as 50%. In the US we have market based choice where as you guys just have protectionist B.S. and deny consumers choices. Fact.

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                      Uncle Sparky commented
                      Editing a comment
                      An American fact is invalid outside of America. Trump smart, dumbass.

Originally posted by giblets View Post
                    Letting bakeries put as much sawdust in the bread as they can without customers noticing will make the GDP number go up
                    This is why you fail. In a competitive market consumers will not buy poor quality products and those companies will go out of business. Of course, your whole claim that there will be no regulation (just because they are reducing systematic over regulation in the EU) is just nonsense. Clueless, ignorant nonsense. The UK often has better regulations than the EU as a whole. Basically, nothing but **** and corruption comes out of the EU.

Comment

People buy poor quality products all the time. In a competitive market people who make high quality markets usually go out of business because their products cost more and it's easier to discern price than quality.

Comment

People buy cheap low quality pap. People buy expensive high quality premium goods. It’s why you have haute cuisine Michelin star restaurants and Klorine Fried Chicken.

Customers can of course choose, but I bet you a shiny dollar that poor people will choose the pap they can afford.....

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post

Fact, EU chicken causes food borne illness five times more often than American chicken.
                          Wrong way around. US food causes more food poisoning, at about 10 times. For the U.K. at least it would appear.

https://inews.co.uk/news/uk/food-poi...today-uk-88021

Comment

Working...
                          X