Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what level of technology will them Space Aliens make contact with us???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And I no longer have a girlfriend. It was great as it lasted but I am bound to this land. Of course she might come here so we'll see

Comment

Chimps aren't sentient? Dolphins? Elephants?
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Kid?
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Level 2.5 on the Kardashev scale.
          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Or 1 on the kardashian scale. "big butt"
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
              Chimps aren't sentient? Dolphins? Elephants?
              Maybe I don't know the exact word.
              Do dolphins know that they are dolphins?
              Because in that sense, humans are atoms trying to explain themselves.

I hope that translates adequately in your german language.
              I know it's hard for a jew

Comment

The animals I listed can reasonably be said to pass the mirror test, whatever validity that has.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

While the likes of BK and Kid exist in the gene pool, we won't be getting any first contact.

Perhaps we could arrange a couple of accidents to speed up the process?
                  "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

**** off

Comment

There's a female genitalia getting wet with every swear word you use

keep that in mind

Comment

If we merged BK and Kid would they have enough collective brainpower to count as intelligent life

Comment

Only if you cloned them both at least a dozen times and merged all of clones too. Might have a chance then...?
                          "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

Aliens might make contact if we build some Bionic Mexicans.
                            I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                            Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                            Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Bionic Mexicans would be a great achievement, regardless if they help them aliens to get over their contact aversion
                              Blah

Comment

Aliens already did, says so right in the Bible.

Now the whole world had one language and a common speech. 2 As people moved eastward,[a] they found a plain in Shinar[b] and settled there.

3 They said to each other, “Come, let’s make bricks and bake them thoroughly.” They used brick instead of stone, and tar for mortar. 4 Then they said, “Come, let us build ourselves a city, with a tower that reaches to the heavens, so that we may make a name for ourselves; otherwise we will be scattered over the face of the whole earth.”

5 But the Lord came down to see the city and the tower the people were building. 6 The Lord said, “If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. 7 Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other.”

8 So the Lord scattered them from there over all the earth, and they stopped building the city. 9 That is why it was called Babel[c]—because there the Lord confused the language of the whole world. From there the Lord scattered them over the face of the whole earth.
                                Apparently God was mad because of the tower we were building to visit Heaven. He didn't want the kids dropping in I guess, that suggests space flight was the purpose of the tower. If God's in the neighborhood he might not be too happy if we're littering 'the heavens' with nukes or getting close to finding Him.

Another interesting feature in the story is how people moved eastward to Sumeria to build their city and tower, the Garden of Eden story also describes people expanding eastward. God made man and woman on the 6th day and at some later date took 'the man' (one man, one of many) eastward to Eden to work for God. The plain of Shinar is Sumeria and the Garden now lies under the Persian Gulf. Thats 2 stories in Genesis identifying Africa as our likely original homeland when we were one people with one language.

As Spock would say, fascinating

Comment

Working...
                                X