Trump's Promise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump's Promise

The secret whistleblower complaint that the acting director of national intelligence has refused to hand over to Congress involves President Donald Trump’s “communications with a foreign leader,” The Washington Post reported Wednesday, citing two former U.S. officials familiar with the complaint.

The officials said Trump’s interaction with the foreign leader, whose identity was not disclosed, included a “promise” made by the president that was regarded as concerning by the intelligence official who filed a formal whistleblower complaint with the intelligence community inspector general.
    “A Director of National Intelligence has never prevented a properly submitted whistleblower complaint that the [intelligence community’s inspector general] determined to be credible and urgent from being provided to the congressional intelligence committees. Never,” Schiff said in a statement.

“This raises serious concerns about whether White House, Department of Justice or other executive branch officials are trying to prevent a legitimate whistleblower complaint from reaching its intended recipient, the Congress, in order to cover up serious misconduct,” he added.
    The acting director of national intelligence has refused to hand over the complaint to Congress. The former director, Dan Coats, left last month.

I wonder which foreign leader Trump made a "promise" to that spooked someone so much they filed a whistleblower complaint.

July 31st: Trump calls Putin about "Siberia's wildfires".
    August 7: Ambassador to Russia Jon Huntsman announces resignation.
    August 8: Dan Coats removed as Director of National Intelligence, deputy director Sue Gordon also resigns. Trump names Joseph Maguire acting Director of National Intelligence.
    August 12: whistleblower send complaint to ICIG about Trump making a "promise" to a foreign leader.
    August 24: Trump wants G7 to readmit Russia.
    August 28: Trump delays military aid to Ukraine.
    Sept 2: Deadline for forwarding whistleblower complaint to congressional intelligence committees. Macguire does not, Intelligence Community Inspector General ends up writing a letter to the intelligence committees about the whistleblower complaint.
    Sept 10: House Intelligence Committe chairman Adam Schiff sends letter to Maguire demanding information about whistleblower complaint.
    Sept 10: John Bolton resigns.
    Sept. 12: Trump backs down on withholding military aid to Ukraine.
    Sept 13: Office of the Director of National Intelligence general counsel Klitenic sends letter to Schiff saying that after consulting with the Justice Department it was determined the complaint wasn't an "urgent concern" and “does not allege misconduct within the Intelligence Community.” (It alleges misconduct by the President instead.)
    Sept 13: Adam Schiff issues subpoena to Maguire demanding he provide the whistleblower complaint.

Where have I heard the name Schiff from?
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

25 July: Trump has telephone call with Ukrainian president, allegedly pressuring him to reopen an investigation into Joe Biden.

But there have been claims that Mr Trump had refused to meet Mr Zelensky after his election this year, and that US officials have warned this would continue to be the case unless the Ukrainian authorities reopened the Burisma files.

The house committees’ chairs say they will scrutinise a telephone call between the US president and Mr Zelensky on 25 July, during which Mr Trump allegedly told the Ukrainian president to reopen the Biden investigation if he wanted to improve relations with the US.

They claim that Kurt Volker, the US special representative for Ukraine, was told to intercede with President Zelensky by the White House, and they are looking into the activities of Rudy Giuliani, Mr Trump’s personal lawyer.

Mr Giuliani urged Mr Zelensky soon after his election to focus on the Biden case, but the Ukrainian president is said to have refused, protesting that he did not want to get drawn into American internal politics.

This led to Mr Giuliani cancelling a trip to Kiev, saying he felt that he would be “walking into a group of people that are the enemies of our president ... in some cases the enemies of the United States”.

Mr Giuliani had subsequently met Yuriy Lutsenko, Ukraine’s then chief prosecutor, in New York, a meeting which was followed by Mr Lutsenko beginning an investigation into another Republican claim, that the Hillary Clinton campaign colluded with the previous Ukrainian government of Petro Poroshenko in an effort to obtain damaging information about Mr Trump and the Kremlin.

Whistleblower complain allegedly involved Ukraine.

A whistleblower complaint about President Trump made by an intelligence official centers on Ukraine, according to two people familiar with the matter, which has set off a struggle between Congress and the executive branch.

The complaint involved communications with a foreign leader and a “promise” that Trump made, which was so alarming that a U.S. intelligence official who had worked at the White House went to the inspector general of the intelligence community, two former U.S. officials said

Two and a half weeks before the complaint was filed, Trump spoke with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, a comedian and political newcomer who was elected in a landslide in May.

That call is already under investigation by House Democrats who are examining whether Trump and his attorney Rudolph W. Giuliani sought to manipulate the Ukrainian government into helping Trump’s reelection campaign. Lawmakers have demanded a full transcript and a list of participants on the call.

Comment

He promised the Mexican leader that Mexico pay for the wall. This feels a non-story. Rumour more interesting than fact.
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

The deep state is serving you your kool aid.

Comment

Phil Mudd told Fredo that this proves the President's accusations of spying. Fredo, "I hear you."

Comment

This might be disinformation.

Comment

Do you even know what is real or fake anymore? You just parrot what the alt right media claims and climb further up Trumps butt.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Talk to the hand

Comment

Not while you're holding your dick.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

If this is about getting Ukraine to cooperate with an investigation I don't know who's going to care.

Comment

People who haven't joined the Trump cult.

Comment

So if people don't care, it's not scummy and possibly illegal. You have such high standards.
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by giblets View Post
                            People who haven't joined the Trump cult.
                            Like Biden who might go to jail.

Comment

WSJ says no promise was made.

Comment

Working...
                              X