Hong Kong wants the right to own guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    Bernie Sanders talking up China now. He used to be one of the few critics of China. Not that he doesn't have a history of complimenting totalitarian regimes.
    Well, the current PotUS has ... he loves the totalitarian regime of the House Al Saud and also is a big fan of little Kim
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• I should have been more clear. Bernie wasn't complimenting the leader of China. He was saying that they have a good system
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• And then there is Trump

It took a long time for Trump to speak about the protests and clashes in Hong Kong, and when he did, he declared, President Xi “is a great leader who very much has the respect of his people. He is also a good man in a ‘tough business.’ I have ZERO doubt that if President Xi wants to quickly and humanely solve the Hong Kong problem, he can do it.”
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Again, he is talking about the leader, not the system, which he is critical of.

Comment

• Damn it. I'd love to have an AR if I live in HK. It's all chaos there. If I'm gonna lose my freedom and die then I better die fighting.

Comment

• Extradition Bill withdrawn and Carie Lam does not have a bright future.

Comment

• The Chinese are sending in counterprotesters now and violence is breaking out.

Comment

• The Trump administration will confront China over its treatment of Muslims.

Comment

• It will be just like his trade war and accomplish nothing but more people paying the price.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Why would we when we don't even boycott Israel?

Comment

• Very few world leaders confront China on anything. So this is news. China doesn't like it at all. They crap their pants if you even say Taiwan.

Comment

• They're scared nationalists will overthrow them and install something even more fascist.

Comment

• I,ll just pretend that that's satire.

Comment

• It’s time for a victory lap for Xi Wuyi. She has finally “won” against “Islamic extremists” she has been fighting for years.
                              A few days before the start of the Lunar New Year, People’s Daily, the Communist Party's official newspaper, sent out a new year’s greeting on Weibo, China’s Twitter-like service. It said: “Butcher the pig and save some pork!”

For a small online group of vigilantes waging a war against “pan-halal tendencies” in Chinese society, the short message was loaded with importance and symbolism.

Xi, a Marxism scholar at the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences and the best known member of the group cheering the post, said it had finally righted the wrong against “religious fundamentalism eroding Chinese secular mainstream culture”.

“Let us all call for the totem of the pig to return to the Lunar New Year’s gala show!” Xi wrote on Weibo, referring to the annual television special watched by more 700 million people on nationwide state broadcaster CCTV.

Xi and her fellow vigilantes have been watching with growing unease what they see as the creeping Islamisation of Chinese society, marked by the setting up of halal cafeterias in universities, the provision of halal-only food on planes and the use of code words to prevent the utterance of “pig” or “pork” on national television or social media.

For Xi’s group, these developments represent a blatant effort to appease China’s Muslim population in areas where they believe the state should make no compromises that blur the boundary between religious and secular life. In this Year of the Pig, the battles seemed more urgent than ever for the vigilantes.
                              https://www.scmp.com/news/china/soci...pig-vigilantes

Yeah, I'm these crazy right wingers won't mind if their government starts treating minorities better as a result of caving in to pressure from the West.

Comment

• You fool. They are brainwashed by the state.

Comment

Working...
                                X