No announcement yet.

Hong Kong wants the right to own guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just like the communist victory in Vietnam actually didn't change anything meaningful
    It did poison the well and discouraged US adventurism for awhile. That must count for something.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

Even if you hadn't fought in Korea (or Vietnam),
      this would have made no difference for the USA itself or for western europe.
      They would still have remained free from communism

It was just a typical proxy war

Chinese also just stepped in when you got too close to the NK-chinese border, if I remember correctly ...
      You can thank MacArthur for that. The Chinese said they would respond if the UN forces got too close to their border.....if i remember correctly.(I'd check wikipedia but i'd much rather read star wars republic comics online.)
      Last edited by Broken_Erika; August 15, 2019, 23:38.
      I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
      Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
      Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

The Chinese soldiers fought in that war but not under their own uniforms. The Communist Koreans didn't have that many soldiers. They took extremely heavy loses.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
          The Communist Koreans didn't have that many soldiers. They took extremely heavy loses.
          They were pretty much wiped out.
          I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
          Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
          Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

If it weren't for the US the good ppl of Seoul would have been forced to learn Korean

(ok, orig. LOTM made that joke, IIRC)
            Blah

Comment

Atleast possible decoupling is part of China's strategy. The market knows it. That's why we see volatility. If we have decoupling then the PLA will go into Hong Kong.

Comment

The PLA did not attack the protesters but their comrades in Porrland attacked people for taking pictures etc.

Comment

If they really wanted guns they would have them.

Comment

Bernie says that he stands with the protesters. I don't think they like Bernie. They are feeling the burn, not the Bern.

Comment

China sent a letter to foreign news sources claiming that "China only wants to end the chaos" and urging them to be more "objective."

Comment

Journos attacking protesters as far right.

Comment

CNN is the enemy of the people. A lot of people support them like giblets and Proteus. Seriously, sick and bad. What else can people say?

Comment

Protesters take down facial recognition surveillance cameras. I guess that's rioting. Oh well.

Comment

What the hell are you talking about? None of the western media seem sympathetic to the mainland government.

Comment

Originally posted by giblets View Post
                                What the hell are you talking about? None of the western media seem sympathetic to the mainland government.
                                This is what you don't understand. They don't praise the Chinese government. They do hitpieces on people the Chinese government doesn't like. You have no idea how that kind of thing works. You are their perfect little tool.

Comment

Working...
                                X