No announcement yet.

Star Trek Picard Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I enjoyed the disco finale space battle.. or at least I did until the whole Admiral next to a giant torpedo blowing up while Pike watched through a friggin WINDOW scene.. think that was like the 3rd time that season where I yelled out at the TV "JUST USE THE DAMN TRANSPORTERS THAT'S WHAT THEY'RE THERE FOR!!!!!"

Comment

I watched it.
      It was passable

Comment

I watched 3 episodes, but then the free trial ran out.

Not worth paying for CBS All Access.

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

CBS All Access should be forced to change their name.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

The only thing I watched on it was the 3 episodes of Picard and the series The Unicorn.

I'm a fan of Walton Goggins.

ACK!
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

It was passable. Certainly better than some of the other recent series.
              "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski View Post
                I watched 3 episodes, but then the free trial ran out.

Not worth paying for CBS All Access.

ACK!
                Could see to catch a free 30 day trial for Amazon Prime, I think it has Picard without extra pay. Dunno if those offers are the same in every country though....

Fake all acccess >>>
                Blah

Comment

• pchang
                  pchang commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Picard is only free on Amazon Prime outside the US.

• BeBMan
                  BeBMan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ahh, there goes my plan....

• Uncle Sparky
                  Uncle Sparky commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It played weekly on the Sci-Fi network in Canada. Part of most cable packages.

Looks like we've got a new Picard trailer.. Looks good!! Plus lets face it, it can't be worse than the first season, so it can only get better from here!

Comment

Have to say I did not like it in season 1 that
                  Spoiler:
                  they made Picard an android in the end.
                  Blah

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro View Post
                    Have to say I did not like it in season 1 that
                    Spoiler:
                    they made Picard an android in the end.
                    Yes that was one of MANY things that frustrated me in the first season such as:
                    Spoiler:

Androids doing telepathic vulcan mind melds, romulans saying "prepare to fire" 10,000 times like once wasn't enough, warrior elfs, GOT wannabe incest Romulans, fleets of copy & paste fake looking CGI ships, giant sticky space flowers defeating a Borg cube, killing beloved characters (Disney JJ Abrams Star Wars style) to create upsetting situations for the new young characters that everyone just loves so much lol, and oh don't forget literally every single character including all our beloved TNG ones having trauma and baggage destroying Genes vision of a happy and improved humanity future. Oh yes and some of them smoke and do drugs, some of them gambled, some of them randomly changed sexual preference, some of them granted a injured mates request to be killed instead of saving them. They took the 24th century and turned it into now because they somehow forgot that people watched Trek back in the day to ESCAPE todays miserable world of death, greed, addiction, destruction, conflict, ignorance, paranoia and intolerance lol.

Btw BeBMan did you see my recent PM to you about my Civ2 preservation work? I realise that usually when we get PM's these days on this site its usually a new spambot account lol but that msg was a real one from a real person.

Comment

So...I for one enjoyed the entire series and am very hopeful for Star Trek: Legacy. I think 7 will make a badass Captain.
                      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

I liked season one, but found the endig a bit weak. Season 2 started interesting but IMO went downhill soon. S3 was good, but story-wise I wish they had explored the Dominion-Shapeshifter thing better, the turn towards the Borg was kinda abrupt. There was plenty of TNG nostalgia, as fan service, and for some sort of "closure" it was nice. Good to see the crew united, and the more wise/cool Worf was ... well ... cool. IMO one of the strongest moments was Ro Laren showing up.

Blah

Comment

I watched a few episodes then lost interest.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                          X