No announcement yet.

Star Trek Picard Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched an episode or two of TNG but the family didn't like it. Which means I probably won't be in the mood to watch Picard. We will see.

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Saw in the last trailer CBS is really pulling out the member berries to get an audience.
      I'm not holding my breath if it's anything like that STD garbage.

Comment

• pchang
        pchang commented
        Editing a comment
        The unintentional humor of a poster named DocFeelGood posting about STD

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
      I watched an episode or two of TNG but the family didn't like it. Which means I probably won't be in the mood to watch Picard. We will see.

JM
      It starts getting better after season three

Comment

Originally posted by Docfeelgood View Post

It starts getting better after season three
        After season 2 you mean haha. Season 3 is considered by many to be the greatest season in the entire series! Tin Man, The Survivors, The Enemy, The Defector, The Hunted, The High Ground, Deja Q, Captain's Holiday, Hollow Pursuits, and of course probably the most exciting 2 episodes in the whole darn series Yesterdays Enterprise and Best of Both Worlds. Almost the whole season is liquid gold. It was due to the fact it was the one year where all the famous trek writers (eg Ronald D. Moore, Michael Piller, Ira Steven Behr, and Brannon Braga) were on the same show at the same time before many left to helm the other Trek series and other famous scifi shows & films over the following years.

Comment

While we're feeling nostalgic ...
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Blake00 View Post

After season 2 you mean haha. Season 3 is considered by many to be the greatest season in the entire series! Tin Man, The Survivors, The Enemy, The Defector, The Hunted, The High Ground, Deja Q, Captain's Holiday, Hollow Pursuits, and of course probably the most exciting 2 episodes in the whole darn series Yesterdays Enterprise and Best of Both Worlds. Almost the whole season is liquid gold. It was due to the fact it was the one year where all the famous trek writers (eg Ronald D. Moore, Michael Piller, Ira Steven Behr, and Brannon Braga) were on the same show at the same time before many left to helm the other Trek series and other famous scifi shows & films over the following years.
            Yea, ok, anyway it gets better

Comment

I binged watch DS9 couple years ago on Netflix and this is the best out of all the Star Trek shows.
              I missed it when it was in first run due to working the night shift.

Comment

I've seen the first ep now.

My thoughts (SPOILER ALERT):
                Spoiler:

I loved the opening shot with the camera closing in on the Enterprise D (which had some interesting design modifications) and going through the window into to the room.. the kind of shot you always wanted to see as a kid watching TNG but knew they couldn't really do effectively (well not without spending some heavy money lol, which is kind of ironic considering the 60s failed trek pilot sort of has a camera through bridge window shot)..

I enjoyed the whole episode but I feel like I can't quite give judgement yet. I need to know more about what's going on and need to see how things pan out story wise.

Also the zero mention of Lal and Lore seems a bit strange in a world where the daystrom institute desperately wanted to replicate Data. I mean what happened to their parts after they were disassembled? B4 was in a drawer so where's the Lal and Lore drawers haha?

First thought was.. did the writers forget them?.. but that seems unlikely consider they brought Hugh back which means they clearly remember Descent 1 & 2 which Lore was in. The whole Daughter 2.0 storyline suggests the Lal episode is something they know too. Plus Frakes directed that one and he's involved in Picard.

Comment

Geriatrics in Space

Shatner is still alive

is this on regular TV or do I need some special dealie?

Comment

CBS ALL ACCESS, yes you need to pay for it
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I liked episode 1 ... got goosebumps from watching it
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                        CBS ALL ACCESS, yes you need to pay for it
                        Also Amazon Prime
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

Also Amazon Prime
                          I think it depends on which country you are in, as to whether it is available on Prime. I.e. you can’t get it on Prime in the US and Canada.
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post

I think it depends on which country you are in, as to whether it is available on Prime. I.e. you can’t get it on Prime in the US and Canada.
                            Interesting ... then this would be one of the rare occasions where we, in germany, have advantages with our streaming portfolio compared to Amazon Prime USA

Comment

Haven't watched it yet, will wait a while.
                              Blah

Comment

Working...
                              X