USSR and the scientific method

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USSR and the scientific method

I'm reading a book written by the USSR academic establishment concerning christianity. A critical approach. Man, it is awesome. Scentific logical and far away from religious nuts. To think that such amazing feats of science could be delivered when the US was (and is) a taliban nation and to a lesser extend also western europe. To think that in ther USSR, christianity could be approached for what it was, free without religious - nuts lenses when at the same time in the US black kids could't go to school with the rest of the kids, mediteranean people were half - ******s and they "trusted in god".

Amazing. Anyeone that says that hte USSR and its legacy isn't the greatest thing that happened in human history should wake up and smell the coffee

1/10
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

You mean, like promoting Lysenkosm (which is a form of Lamarckism) instead of the Theory of Evolution,
      because the upper echelons in the soviet leadership refused the theory of evolution as counter revolutionary ...
      and firing, executing or imprisoning all scientists who were active in the field of the ToE or mendelian genetics?
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• pchang
        pchang commented
        Editing a comment
        More proof that Trump is a Russian agent.

• BeBMan
        BeBMan commented
        Editing a comment
        His recent "planes too complex" remark was also a strong hint

10/10
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Amazing. Anyeone that says that hte USSR and its legacy isn't the greatest thing that happened in human history should wake up and smell the coffee
        Last edited by Meticulous Man; April 25, 2019, 04:47.

Comment

I agree with the scientific method.
          Blah

Comment

I disagree with both waking up, and smelling the coffee.

Comment

USSR academic establishment concerning christianity
              Inter-religious conflict.
              Blah

Comment

Setting the trends since 1917

Comment

Looking at their country it is about time they reverse that trend.
                  "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Atheism is illegal in the USA and all atheists go to jail. True story.

Comment

I'm sure those guys with the t-shirt that wrote "better russian than a democrat" were thinking of spambot

Comment

Maybe they just really like borscht.

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
                          You mean, like promoting Lysenkosm (which is a form of Lamarckism) instead of the Theory of Evolution,
                          because the upper echelons in the soviet leadership refused the theory of evolution as counter revolutionary ...
                          and firing, executing or imprisoning all scientists who were active in the field of the ToE or mendelian genetics?
                          You can't even spell the name properly, the prisoner of Capitalist demonizing of Communism.

Comment

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
                            I'm reading a book written by the USSR academic establishment concerning christianity. A critical approach. Man, it is awesome. Scentific logical and far away from religious nuts. To think that such amazing feats of science could be delivered when the US was (and is) a taliban nation and to a lesser extend also western europe. To think that in ther USSR, christianity could be approached for what it was, free without religious - nuts lenses when at the same time in the US black kids could't go to school with the rest of the kids, mediteranean people were half - ******s and they "trusted in god".

Welcome to the future, brother!

Comment

Working...
                            X