the great fight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZEE View Post
    I'm on day 6. I have all this month to be a Hikikomori and master my Qi flow.

By January I will be one month sober. Cold turkey, just the way I quit smoking. Thats the thing about us childhood traumatized survivors, struggle becomes easy for us, compared to our childhood.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Yep, what I figured out with these exams is this: you're bored? drink, it's gone. you're stressed? drink. gone. anxious? drink. happy? drink. drink drink drink. and if it doesn't affect your job or your relationships, then there is absolutely no harm. is there?you have found the nectar with which to withstand whatever life throws at you and it doesn't "cost" you anything, except maybe some hang overs, tiredness etc. What these exams made clear to me is: it isn't free. It does cost you something. and it is not sustainable as an outlet. it takes (or can take) a serious toll to your health. it's not free and it defintely is not inoccent. I have no desire to cripple myself. I want to live under the best possible circumstances. destroying what I have doesn't sound like a good plan. it's miserable in fact

Comment

That's why i only drink like 3 or 4 times a year.
        I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
        Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
        Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

another thing that contributes to my abstinence, I think, is a sense of gratitude. Deep down, I knew that it couldn't possibly be free. I knew that I was doing some kind of damage to myself. Nothing that was overtly "visible" but, we don't live in the middle ages. I knew about the studies and consequences of alcohol. and up untill the exams, I didn't know how much damage there was. I feared, that it might be big. Or small? I really didn't know, but I thought it could be big. The fact that it isn't, makes me feel like there is some benevolence shined down on me from above with a mandate for a second chance. How can you show your gratitude? you make that second chance a reality

Comment

Luckily, we are born with about 7X the liver capacity we actually need to survive, so there is lots of room for error.
            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Day 8 baby.
              Order of the Fly
              Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Lost another pound. Down to 173. Looks like I am losing one pound per week.
                Order of the Fly

Comment

Originally posted by pchang View Post
                  Luckily, we are born with about 7X the liver capacity we actually need to survive, so there is lots of room for error.
                  So... that means I can eat Tide pods?

Comment

Only eat 6/7ths of the tide pod and you’ll be ok.

Comment

Eating detergent kills your esophagus and digestive tract before your liver gets involved, so those 2 things have nothing to do with each other.
                      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

9th day sober. I have greatly pleased my Master.

(He doesn't please easily, trust me.)
                        Order of the Fly

Comment

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
                          another thing that contributes to my abstinence, I think, is a sense of gratitude. Deep down, I knew that it couldn't possibly be free. I knew that I was doing some kind of damage to myself. Nothing that was overtly "visible" but, we don't live in the middle ages. I knew about the studies and consequences of alcohol. and up untill the exams, I didn't know how much damage there was. I feared, that it might be big. Or small? I really didn't know, but I thought it could be big. The fact that it isn't, makes me feel like there is some benevolence shined down on me from above with a mandate for a second chance. How can you show your gratitude? you make that second chance a reality
                          Two relatives on my mother's side died from alcoholism (liver), and I still drank too much. Becoming an adult
                          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Day number 10, no alcohol whatsoever to someone that drank hard liquor, or a 6-pack of beer a night for 10 years straight. Just finished eating 2 eggs over-easy with some cooked spinach, topped with Cholula hot sauce. Dash of salt and pepper. Also a cup of medium-dark roast Colombian coffee with a spash of organic half-and half and a spoonful of sugar. Makes the medicine go down.

Slept 10 hours, had great dreams and I felt safe because I was protected by The Demons of Hell. Today will be a good day. Maybe I will actually go outside. I have my own backyard, you see. It is my property.
                            Order of the Fly

Comment

The Black Satans - The Satan of Hell (link didnt work)
                              Last edited by Meticulous Man; December 10, 2018, 13:01.

Comment

This one?

Order of the Fly

Comment

Working...
                                X