the great fight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the great fight

I went for some exams and everything is ok. blood results, ultrasound scan results, everything.perfect heallth. top notch. outstanding. HUA. except... what's that in the liver...? It's not bad and it's very common and it is completely reversible but it IS there. fatty residue. could be because of nutrition (yeah right... I make vegan blush with my health schemes) but it really most probably is because of alcohol consumtion. The result is, I'm pissed. And determined. Exaclt like I given up smoking, I will give up drinking (and then I'll enrol in a monastery.. haha not really). OK. The liver wants 6 weeks aproximately for complete reversal. Hey... lean closer, something between you and me... I thought it would be MUCH worse....! HAA! Anyway. Not a drop of alcohol. I have drunk so much tea and coca cola I'll turn yellow. Got some nice games to pass the time. Hope reality doesn't strike me that hard for the next few weeks. I can do that. Not easily but I think I can

On am on day 4, no alcohol. Luckily I have my shamanic training in the ways of meditation and Qi flow to help me cope.
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
      I went for some exams and everything is ok. blood results, ultrasound scan results, everything.perfect heallth. top notch. outstanding. HUA. except... what's that in the liver...? It's not bad and it's very common and it is completely reversible but it IS there. fatty residue. could be because of nutrition (yeah right... I make vegan blush with my health schemes) but it really most probably is because of alcohol consumtion. The result is, I'm pissed. And determined. Exaclt like I given up smoking, I will give up drinking (and then I'll enrol in a monastery.. haha not really). OK. The liver wants 6 weeks aproximately for complete reversal. Hey... lean closer, something between you and me... I thought it would be MUCH worse....! HAA! Anyway. Not a drop of alcohol. I have drunk so much tea and coca cola I'll turn yellow. Got some nice games to pass the time. Hope reality doesn't strike me that hard for the next few weeks. I can do that. Not easily but I think I can
      Watch out with the coke or you'll be on no refuref carbs or sugars next
      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

I'm on hour 5 of no alcohol. So far so good. And I need to sleep now, and then go to work, so I'm confident I'll make it to 21!
        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

This is the rehab thread
          Order of the Fly

Comment

i gave up alcohol, it was causing me nerve damage

on the rare occasions i relapse i can feel it in my nerves afterward

Comment

Should I read that?
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I am on day 5.

I was going to go out and do some shopping for a few things later today, but Pruflas told me to stay home, be patient, and withdraw from the world. The urge to buy a bottle might overtake me. I am going to be a hermit for this entire month. Only go out shopping once a week, and that is with family. I have enough supplies this week. No temptations.

Oerdin, Berz said he stopped drinking because it caused him nerve damage.
                Order of the Fly

Comment

Oh and if anyone is wondering I am between jobs ATM. I am working with an agency that helps disabled people get work. I have already been approved for services.
                  Order of the Fly

Comment

Also just read that people should only consume 2 tablespoons of sugar a day. I was WAAAAAAAAY overboard.

I am glad I caught all this stuff before I turned 50. I might not have survived that long. I shall work on my sugar intake as well here on my month off. I do not dress like a gangbanger anymore either; I wear polo shirts, no chains. We will work on the pants situation, still baggy shorts for now as that's all I own. I also grew out my hair a little and styled it nice, no more goth-bangs or shaved head.

I gave The Demons my mind, body, and soul. Looks like they want me to take good care of all 3. I belong to Them now. I am Their property.

Didn't mean to take over Paiktis's thread, but maybe my story will encourage him as well.
                    Order of the Fly

Comment

LOL I just stole the pizza delivery driver's pen without thinking about it. I knew the guy from many years back of ordering pizza there at my old address, and he looked visibly nervous as I was talking to him about my new house. Back then I was a complete 5150/Baker Act nutcase.

It will be hard to shake my reputation, even though I am changing, in the mind.
                      Order of the Fly

Comment

" could be because of nutrition (yeah right... I make vegan blush with my health schemes) but it really most probably is because of alcohol consumtion."

Alcohol is part of nutrition. Very bad. I'm praying for God to give you strength.

I'm quitting alcohol completely too.
                        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by ZEE View Post
                          Oh and if anyone is wondering I am between jobs ATM. I am working with an agency that helps disabled people get work. I have already been approved for services.
                          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                            I'm quitting alcohol completely too.
                            I like beer and I hope to become judge one day if I drink enough.

Blah

Comment

ZEE and Kidicious thanks for your words of encouragement (and the prayers ) nestor what I do is drink coca cola zero without any sugars. It has a sweetener in it but not sugar. I'm not "in trouble" but I "could be". And I don't want to be. It'a a major life change, I am under no illusions.

Comment

Working...
                              X