Brexit divorce deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
    Does britain still exist or is it all in the mind of dinner?
    Britain exists, but Great Britain is long gone.
    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• The island (which is what Great Britain means; it used to be Greater Britain)? Yes, it is still there.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
        They lose 10% of their budget for a couple of years. Not insignificant.

As Brexit gets delayed, the £39bn is unwinding - so the U.K. is paying it. Delay until end of 2020 and half of it is gone.
        They should withhold all of it. As May repeatedly said nothing is agreed until all is agreed. The current proposal is dead. Parliament rejected it three times so either the EU comes back to reality or no deal.

Comment

• The £39bn is a net legal obligation that exists even if the deal is not signed - the UK committed to paying these costs years ago when the EU budget was agreed. It also includes longer term costs; things like accrued pension costs to MEPs, assets and liabilities with the ECB, etc.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
            The island (which is what Great Britain means; it used to be Greater Britain)? Yes, it is still there.
            Didn't you get that pchang was not using the term in its geographical capacity?

Comment

• The Bibs had some kind o fa "Hour of Power" yesterday. I watched ca. 10 mins while eating stuff then decided my time is spent better.

As for the whole thing - if the Guardian has it right here: https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...than-freedland

...it's been a wise move (soproudofmyself).
              Blah

Comment

• And then, there were 4. No Deal, here we come!
                Four men are left in the contest to be the next prime minister after outsider Mr Stewart won just 27 votes.
                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• No deal needs to be the default. That is the only way to put pressure on the arrogant and unelected Eurocrats who have been so high handed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                    No deal needs to be the default. That is the only way to ...
                    completely ruin the UK

(altered it for Truism)
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by pchang View Post
                      And then, there were 4. No Deal, here we come!
                      Indeed, and now it's only three. It's almost like GoT, season 9.
                      Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

completely ruin the UK

(altered it for Truism)
                        Ignorant nonsense. I grant you that is what the Eurocrats are trying to do but I completely reject your nonsense proposition that the country must be a colonial slave to unelected and immoral Eurocrats. That is just nonsense.

Yes, there will be an adjustment period as new trade agreements are made but it butl be successful in the medium to long term. Eventually even the EU will be forced to recognize reality once it figures out it is not the only game in town and as more and more states rebel from its evil imperialist ways.
                        Last edited by Dinner; June 20, 2019, 12:56.

Comment

• I'm getting the impression that British conservatives can't handle the fact that the UK is no longer a superpower.

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                            Uncle Sparky commented
                            Editing a comment
                            The wonderful world of Conservatives demand that their nation is the superpower.

• They are only coping with this since the end of WW2 so give them a bit of time.

Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by spambot View Post
                            I'm getting the impression that British conservatives are oblivious of the fact that the UK is no longer a superpower.
                            FTFY

I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                            Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                            Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Actually, they don’t care.
                              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X