Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post

That is simply not going to happen.
    With Bojo the Clown in charge, anything is possible.
    I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
    Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
    Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

It seems like, in contrast to North Ireland, the scots need the permission of London to hold a Leave Referendum.
      So, London might force the scots to stay, just by forbidding them to hold a Scotxit-Referendum
      Democracy and self-determination for me, not for thee!

Comment

• Mocking suspect's hairstyle could get you prosecuted, police warn

Police have warned social media users they could face arrest if they "troll" a wanted drug dealer by mocking his distinctive hairstyle.

An online appeal to catch the criminal has resulted in tens of thousands of people posting joke comments.

Jermaine Taylor, 21, is wanted for breaching his licence conditions after being released from prison in December 2018.

Gwent Police launched the social media appeal to find the convicted drug dealer, but it backfired when people began making jokes about his hairstyle, with one saying it had been "pushed back more times than Brexit".

The picture shows Taylor with a large, bald forehead and two tufts of hair sticking up.

Twitter users joked: "His forehead is bigger than his future," and "that hairline goes further back than Woolworths".

Another quipped: "Looks like his hairline is on the run too."

The large number of comments prompted Gwent Police to warn users that posting abusive material could be against the law.

Many users seemed undeterred, however, with one adding: "He was last seen in town - police are combing the area," and another joking: "He's vanished into thin hair."

In a statement, Gwent Police warned users against online bullying.

"Please remember that harassing, threatening and abusing people on social media can be against the law," the force said.

"Our advice is to be as careful on social media as you would in any other form of communication. If you say something about someone which is grossly offensive or is of an indecent, obscene or menacing character, then you could be investigated by the police."

Taylor was jailed for three years at Cardiff Crown Court in September 2017 over the supply of cocaine.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...d-police-warn/

Yes, truly the EU is what the British should be worried about and Brexit will free them from big government

Comment

• U.K. on-demand food delivery startup Deliveroo is pulling the plug on its service in Germany.

This madness has to stop NOW or soon ppl will unable to order a pizza
          Blah

Comment

• That probably will be the only thing that Dinner will contempalte when Ireland unites and Scotland breaks free and England becomes Belarus.

Comment

• No offense to Belarus. In many ways, it is an improvement.

Just sad. Then again marbles.

Comment

• Brexit date confirmed. December 12, my flights booked. Wonder if that’ll be before or after the U.K. leaves the EU....
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Congrats ... if Boris gets his wishes with a hard Brexit on 10/31, I guess we can say "Welcome to the EU" at this time
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Leaked Brexit Document Depicts Government Fears Of Gridlock, Food Shortages, Unrest

Britain would face gridlock at ports; shortages of medicine, fuel and food; and a hard border with Ireland if it left the European Union with no deal, according to a leaked government document.

The U.K. seems increasingly likely to crash out of the EU on Oct. 31, and the picture the government paints in a confidential document compiled under the code name Operation Yellowhammer and obtained by the Sunday Times is sobering. It details the ways government leaders are working to avert a "catastrophic collapse in the nation's infrastructure."

Trucks could be dealt 2 1/2-day delays at ports, with significant disruption lasting up to three months, which would affect fuel supplies in London and the southeast of England, according the document.

Medical supplies will also be vulnerable to "severe extended delays," since about three-quarters of the U.K.'s medicine comes across the English Channel.

Fresh food will become less available, and prices will rise, according to the document. That outcome is expected to especially hit vulnerable groups.

The government anticipates the return of a hard border with Ireland, which could spark protests and roadblocks.

It also forecasts the closure of two oil refineries after import tariffs are eliminated, causing an expected loss of 2,000 jobs, worker unrest and disruptions to fuel supplies.

A government source told the Sunday Times: "This is not Project Fear — this is the most realistic assessment of what the public face with no deal. These are likely, basic, reasonable scenarios — not the worst case."

The revelations come just before Boris Johnson takes his first official foreign trip as prime minister to meet with French President Emmanuel Macron and German Chancellor Angela Merkel in advance of this coming weekend's G-7 summit in Biarritz, France.

The Financial Times quoted government insiders who rebutted the document, saying it is not a realistic scenario for a no-deal Brexit and pointing out that it was written under the leadership of Johnson's predecessor, Theresa May, and does not reflect the preparations spearheaded by Johnson that are now underway.

"This document is from when ministers were blocking what needed to be done to get ready to leave and the funds were not available. It has been deliberately leaked by a former minister in an attempt to influence discussions with EU leaders," a source told the paper.

British Energy Minister Kwasi Kwarteng also downplayed the report in an interview with a British broadcaster.

"I think there's a lot of scaremongering around and a lot of people are playing into Project Fear," he told Sky News when asked about the leaked document. "We will be fully prepared to leave without a deal on the 31st of October."
                    A government source told the Sunday Times, which obtained the document, that "this is the most realistic assessment of what the public face with no deal."

Oh wow I can't wait for November when they're insisting the shelves are fully stocked and all the people saying they can't buy stuff are just agents of Project Fear

Comment

• If there's some sort of compromise before Oct 31 everyone will claim it's his success. If not, everyone will blame the other side for anything that is not shiny afterwards.
                      Blah

Comment

• UK gov to suspend parliament:

The PM says there will still be time to debate Brexit before October's deadline, but the move sparks anger and a new legal challenge.

Blah

Comment

• coup d' etat in the UK. They shut down the parliement so it can't unvote the brexit.
                          Junta

Comment

• Brexiters love democracy

Comment

• Britain must suffer from histrionic personality disorder or some such.

It spend decades on decades begging to enter the EU, fighting french resistance.
                              When it did it spend decades wanting special treatment.
                              When that failed it broke its own bones to get out and instigated a junta.

I have never seen a more confused nation. Probably why they are burglars of marbles. It didn't help them.

So funny and sad.

One theory is they entered the EU in order to break it. They failed and now they will get broken up

Comment

• Actually GB already got special treatment ... negotiated by Maggie Thatcher in the 1980s.

If GB after Brexit ever gets admitted into the EU again, it should be clear that they lose all benefits negotiated during the Thatcher era and be treated like all other EU countries
                                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Working...
                                X