No announcement yet.

Which movies or shows are you watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm currently watching "Generation Kill". Never thought that a war drama like this with almost no shooting/explosions could hook me up so badly. But it's so fascinating to see how the military works from inside.

Comment

If you are a John Wick fan, the third movie in the franchise has everything you're looking for, and sets up a 4th movie.
      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

CHERNOBYL Official Trailer HBO Limited Series

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

OMG! this show is so good!

Comment

Directed by Luis Buñuel and Salvador Dalí 1929.New experimental soundtrack by Submarine Seamount.https://soundcloud.com/ubmarineeamountwww.lenburge.comlenbur...

Подарок для С.

Comment

Gary and his demons is pretty amusing.
            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by Docfeelgood View Post
              CHERNOBYL Official Trailer HBO Limited Series

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

OMG! this show is so good!

I'm also watching it now. The show is just marvelous in small moments, suggesting subtly how Chernobyl disaster revealed the existing horrors of a political system of the USSR. It becomes a sort of dark comedy when its attention shifts to the government, where Gorbachev and the Soviet apparatus constantly fails (or doesn't want?) to respond appropriately.
              On https://paperwritingservicesreviews.com/ you can find lots of credible and trustworthy paper reviews.

Comment

I feel like a traitor to anything StarTrek now after I've watched and actually enjoyed few episodes of The Orville
                Blah

Comment

For some odd reason my wife got me into watching Outlander on Netflex recently.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Orville is hit or miss. Sometimes it's really good and sometimes it's just 40 minutes of bathroom humor.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

But...but....there was an episode with Charlize Theron.
                      Blah

Comment

HIT
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The last episode of the Orville season 1 was the best.
                          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

I'd have to agree.
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

(Not-so-fun) fact related to the Orville:

I remember that episode where the crew was on a (today's) Earth like planet, and them folks living there could be up- or down-voted via social media, with the possible result of getting "corrected" (basically: lobotomized) if they did some "offense" and got X million neg. votes.

It worked IMO nicely as satire, but just recently I watched a report from China where something similar is not scifi anymore.

It's different of course - ppl do not get voted down by others, but cities have increasing amounts of cams (incl. inside buildings, shops, etc) linked to face recognition software/computers which control a vast amount of the daily routine of ppl - and they earn or lose social credits based on how well they conform.

Buy stuff for babies - good, buy lotsa alcohol or park in the wrong spot - bad, etc. etc.

There were some ppl pretty ok with this, but on the other side they had critical bloggers/journalists who got pretty much barred from publishing stuff because voicing dissent is not exactly "conforming" - so effectively they lost their jobs and were socially isolated.

The report said these systems are supposed to work nation-wide in the near term.

Oh well, just sayin'
                              Blah

Comment

Yeah, it will be used for who gets certain housing, jobs, etc. It's scary that a lot of people don't have any problem with it.
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• pchang
                                  pchang commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Or maybe a lot of people know what will happen to them if they do express a “problem” with it.
                              Working...
                              X