The Mueller Investigation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mueller Investigation.

I noticed we did not have a dedicated thread specifically for the Mueller investigation and I think that is a serious oversight. So this thread is here to fix that.

The latest news is Trump fired Attorney General Jeff Sessions in an obvious attempt to obstruct justice. Trump has stated multiple times that he wants an attorney general who will obstruct the investigation and "protect" him from the results of his criminal misconduct. So anyway put all the Mueller information here.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

the temp guy he put in - Whitaker - will be the hatchet man

Comment

Yeah, I already looked up some stuff on him and he seems like a hyper partisan hatchetman. He has already taken over for Rosenstein and I noticed Trump didn't wait a dingle day after tye election before making his move to obstruct justice. Obviously they were hoping election news would drown out his obstruction and he didn't want to gove Mueller time to officially file more indictments.

Comment

I think Rosenstein is about to get axed.
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Berzerker
          Berzerker commented
          Editing a comment
          no need, Whit's in charge of the investigation now

@ op
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• -Jrabbit
          -Jrabbit commented
          Editing a comment
          Well, you let the Witch Hunt thread drop off the first page. Oerdin obviously didn't bother to check.
          But yeah, LOL.

A day after voters chose divided government by handing the House majority back to Democrats, President Donald Trump made the sort of I-do-what-feels-right-when-it-feels-right move that has become his hallmark over his past three years in political life: He fired Jeff Sessions.

The hachetman Trump has put in to kill the Mueller investigation has previously said his goal would be to eliminate the entire budget for the investigation in order to obstruct it.

Comment

Under DoJ guidelines and established law Whitaker should recuse himself as his previous partisan comments clearly show he is not impartial. Unfortunately, there is no legal recourse if he simply decides to break the law and ignore his legal obligation tonrecuse himself.

Comment

no legal recourse for someone breaking the law

great

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
              https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile..../idUSKCN1ND00S

Under DoJ guidelines and established law Whitaker should recuse himself as his previous partisan comments clearly show he is not impartial. Unfortunately, there is no legal recourse if he simply decides to break the law and ignore his legal obligation tonrecuse himself.
              And Rosenstein should have recused himself for recommending that Comey be fired.

Comment

If only the entire government would recuse itself from everything ...

Comment

Pretty rich, Dinner complaining about DoJ guidelines being violated.

"Under government ethics regulation, federal employees are required to recuse themselves from matters where their impartiality could reasonably be questioned."

The operative word is "reasonably." There is no actual evidence of ANY bias whatsoever. You think he's biased. No reasonable person believes that.
                  Last edited by Kidlicious; November 8, 2018, 05:25.

Comment

• Kidlicious
                    Kidlicious commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No. Trump wants the Rs to fight for what's right. Sessions should never have recussed himself. He should never have stood up for the bad people like he did. When you have bad people like that in power you have to do something. You can't just do nothing.

• Proteus_MST
                    Proteus_MST commented
                    Editing a comment
                    "Fight for what is right" ... you mean: "Fight for himself (Trump)" so he is able to install his own swamp in Washington (which serves the interests of his own family/company) without getting harrassed by annoying things like laws / justice

• -Jrabbit
                    -Jrabbit commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Recusal has to do with conflict of interest, not "standing up" to (perceived) bad guys. By recusing, Sessions (whose politics I detest) at least showed some respect for the law, and even a glancing familiarity with the concept of ethics.

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                  If only the entire government would recuse itself from everything ...
                  I recuse myself from the upcoming Kid investigation
                  Blah

Comment

I recuse myself from being recused as I was biased towards recusing myself!

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                      Pretty rich, Dinner complaining about DoJ guidelines being violated.

"Under government ethics regulation, federal employees are required to recuse themselves from matters where their impartiality could reasonably be questioned."

The operative word is "reasonably." There is no actual evidence of ANY bias whatsoever. You think he's biased. No reasonable person believes that.
                      Except, you know, Whitaker's own words both online and in an op-ed for CNN where he claims the investigation is a witch hunt which should be shut down and funds should be eliminated in order to obstruct the investigation which has so far resulted in 27 guilty pleas and indictments.

You know, THAT kind of evidence that he is a partisan and not impartial. This is the Saturday Night Massacre all over again and Whitaker is nothing but Trump's hchetman to obstruct justice and Trump has been obstructing justice for two years now.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post

Except, you know, Whitaker's own words both online and in an op-ed for CNN where he claims the investigation is a witch hunt which should be shut down and funds should be eliminated in order to obstruct the investigation which has so far resulted in 27 guilty pleas and indictments.

You know, THAT kind of evidence that he is a partisan and not impartial. This is the Saturday Night Massacre all over again and Whitaker is nothing but Trump's hchetman to obstruct justice and Trump has been obstructing justice for two years now.
                        Please quote him. I don't read CNN but he did not call it a witch hunt.

Comment

Working...
                        X