Predict the US midterm results.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
    I put 35 on Heidi, 30 on Bill, 10 on Beto and 10 on Sinema.

JM
    Well, I was 10 for 85

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Is losing to Ted Cruz on par with losing to Alan Keyes?
      some Beto is Obama stuff floating around

Comment

• Further counting now has:
        House D+40
        Senate R+2
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• The more important count is the seven governors and 300 some odd state legislature seats the Dems picked up (336 at last count). That is who will control redistricting and who will be able to undo the horrible Republican gerrymandering of 2010. It also means the Dems are now rebuilding their bench of candidates who got decimated in 2010 and 2014. I honestly think Pelosi will win in the end but I am very happy to see 20 or so members (enough to block her if they stay united) standing up and saying the Dems need new leadership to deliver change to Washington. Pelosi had a nice 16 year run though she lost more often than she won, true, she has experience, but it wouldn't hurt much if a new generation under the age of 80 got their hands on the gavel. If she really cared she could still advise them behind the scenes.

Dems got 7.7% more votes than Republicans in the house, which is more than in the Republican "wave election" of 2010 yet only got half as many seats picked up. That is 100% due to gerrymandering. When all the mail in ballots are counted it might be as high as 9% more of the vote. Dems have really started using mail in ballots hard... Thus why you now hear Republicans and talk radio pundits saying mail in ballots should be abolished. They loved it when only old white people did it but hate it now that everyone else is doing it just like how they loved early voting when only old white people did it but now hate it when minorities started doing it too. Thus the "exact signature laws" which are unscientific and designed to only target voters from Democratic areas and the dramatic cuts, slashings even, to early voting in red states. Voter suppression will help them but there will eventually be a critical mass where even that won't be enough.
          Last edited by Dinner; November 20, 2018, 03:51.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• I agree. Despite Obama, the Ds were really in the woods 2010-2018.

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
              I honestly think Pelosi will win in the end but I am very happy to see 20 or so members (enough to block her if they stay united) standing up and saying the Dems need new leadership to deliver change to Washington. Pelosi had a nice 16 year run though she lost more often than she won, true, she has experience, but it wouldn't hurt much if a new generation under the age of 80 got their hands on the gavel. If she really cared she could still advise them behind the scenes.
              I don't like Pelosi, but it does seem as if she is the best for 2019/2020. The best would be if she kept Speaker but some younger people took leadership positions for the next decade.

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                The more important count is the seven governors and 300 some odd state legislature seats the Dems picked up (336 at last count). That is who will control redistricting and who will be able to undo the horrible Republican gerrymandering of 2010. It also means the Dems are now rebuilding their bench of candidates who got decimated in 2010 and 2014. I honestly think Pelosi will win in the end but I am very happy to see 20 or so members (enough to block her if they stay united) standing up and saying the Dems need new leadership to deliver change to Washington. Pelosi had a nice 16 year run though she lost more often than she won, true, she has experience, but it wouldn't hurt much if a new generation under the age of 80 got their hands on the gavel. If she really cared she could still advise them behind the scenes.

Dems got 7.7% more votes than Republicans in the house, which is more than in the Republican "wave election" of 2010 yet only got half as many seats picked up. That is 100% due to gerrymandering. When all the mail in ballots are counted it might be as high as 9% more of the vote. Dems have really started using mail in ballots hard... Thus why you now hear Republicans and talk radio pundits saying mail in ballots should be abolished. They loved it when only old white people did it but hate it now that everyone else is doing it just like how they loved early voting when only old white people did it but now hate it when minorities started doing it too. Thus the "exact signature laws" which are unscientific and designed to only target voters from Democratic areas and the dramatic cuts, slashings even, to early voting in red states. Voter suppression will help them but there will eventually be a critical mass where even that won't be enough.
                Do you even understand that radical left is the future of your party? Are you insane?
                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Do you even understand that the alt right is killing the Republican Party... are you insane
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Kid calls that winning
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Always funny when Repugs accuse the Dems of being "radical"

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
                        Do you even understand that the alt right is killing the Republican Party... are you insane

Comment

• Originally posted by spambot View Post
                          Always funny when Repugs accuse the Dems of being "radical"
                          Name one moderate in your party

Comment

• How about the obvious. Hillary.
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

Name one moderate in your party
                              Obama

Comment

• Originally posted by spambot View Post

Obama

Thought you would say Manchin.

Comment

Working...
                                X