Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brett Kavanaugh, great justice or greatest justice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Kenobi
    replied
    There is a chance that she was not aware of his confirmation in 2003. I wasn't until recently.
    The problem for me is that there's not even a diary reference. There's nothing written down by Christine prior to 2018 referring to Kavanaugh. I'd find it much more believable if she had, say, a diary from 1995 where she talks about what Kavanaugh did to her. That would be substantive evidence in her favor, but there's nothing. I would love to see a photo of her and Kavanaugh from the 80s, because that would show me that they actually knew each other even if they were acquaintances, but there is nothing.

All the evidence that she does cite (most of it circumstantial), the only written evidence is the therapist's notes in 2013. And they don't mention Kavanaugh.

Whereas Kavanaugh has names, places, dates, people, and the people confirm his version of events. Looking at the preponderance of evidence, I have to go with Kavanaugh. Even though he's not the accuser, he still is better prepared than Christine, who has had ages to prepare a statement. Kavanaugh's had all of a couple of weeks.

The other problem is this. The only thing that Ford and Kavanaugh have in common is that they grew up in the same town. What would you think if some girl from your hometown claimed you tried to rape her when she was 16, and you 18? And you'd never heard of the lady before in your life? I think you'd respond much the same way as Kavanaugh would, but it certainly wouldn't be an easy time for you.

Leave a comment:

• rah
    replied
    There is a chance that she was not aware of his confirmation in 2003. I wasn't until recently.

and the other question has been answered so many times, I'm not sure what benefit there is in to keep asking it.

Doesn't sound like someone who gives a damn about Christine. Sounds like someone using Christine for political purposes.
    Has nothing to do with the actual accusation.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Kenobi
    replied
    1) it didn't happen to Gorsuch because he didn't sexually assault a woman, or not one willing to come forward anyway
    Neither did Kavanaugh. Why didn't Ford press charges back in 1982?

2) Ford didn't act until he was on the short list for SCOTUS, his power was limited to a lower court with judges above him and she was unwilling at that time to expose herself to the circus
    Did she say that? Or is this speculation on your part? Ford had multiple chances to disclose this information prior to now. You're right that it's being done now, and you're right that a SCOTUS nomination is the purpose. She wanted to block his nomination and smear him. She failed on both counts.
    Ford’s husband, Russell Ford, said in his affidavit that he first heard about his wife’s experience with an assault when they were married in 2002, but that he did not know the details of the alleged incident until a couple’s therapy session about 10 years later.
    He also testified that she never claimed that whomever assaulted her was Kavanaugh. I don't see any evidence on Ford's side that she claimed it was Kavanaugh before 2018.

Ford wrote that his wife named Kavanaugh
    He said just the opposite, that she never claimed it was Kavanaugh, all the time they were together.

4) She couldn't remember the date and it doesn't matter if the other people could remember, they weren't the victim of sexual assault. I've been to countless parties I cant remember because nothing out of the ordinary happened to me. But Kavanaugh's calendar did show a date - July 1st 1982. That was in the time frame and according to the calendar entry, the 3 boys she named are on it. Thats why Kavanaugh came up with that nonsense about how he couldn't have been at the party because he only attended parties on the weekends and he spent weekends that summer out of town.
    This is why you file back in 1982 and not 35 years later. She can't remember a date and all the people who she claims were there do not corroborate her statement that there was such a party or that Kavanaugh was even in the same room as her. There's no evidence Berz. Accusing someone of attempted rape is serious business. False accusations are extremely damaging, which is why Ford needed to have substantial evidence in her favor. Is there any physical evidence that Kavanaugh was there? No. Do any of the people who were there corroborate her statement? Also no. Is there a picture showing Kavanaugh and Ford together at a party? Nope.

We have someone who doesn't have a date, doesn't know when the alleged party occurred, doesn't remember who was there, doesn't remember where it was, and yet is 100 percent certain that she was groped, that whomever groped her 'had the intent to rape her', and that the man who did this was Kavanaugh.

If she provided a date and place, it could be refuted easily by Kavanaugh. Which is why she hasn't provided those details. I see no evidence that they even met back then. Open an dshut.

5) Feinstein was asked by Ford to keep her identity confidential. Ford initially went to Eshoo (her congresswoman) and she did this trying to get the message to Trump to choose someone else. That didn't work for whatever reason (maybe Eshoo and Feinstein didn't tell Trump) so Ford was faced with remaining anonymous and watching Kavanaugh be confirmed without people knowing about him or eventually coming forward at great risk to herself and family. She's got bigger balls than Trump and Kavanaugh combined.
    Which raises the question why Feinstein didn't respect Christine's explicit wishes, and why she released her statement contrary to her wishes after the Kavanaugh hearings?

Doesn't sound like someone who gives a damn about Christine. Sounds like someone using Christine for political purposes.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Kenobi
    replied
    Women don't come forward with allegations because of fear and threats. Specifically from stupid men like you.
    Still doesn't answer the question why she never brought up the allegations back in 2003. Surely they were just, if not more relevant then?

Also, why didn't Feinstein bring these up during the Kavanaugh hearings?

Leave a comment:

• Ben Kenobi
    replied
    Wow. Gian swears every post at me. *crickets*.

Leave a comment:

• Ming
    replied
    Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

No. You're a liar and a piece of ****. I'm going to start ignoring you because you are useless.
    And this one falls in the same place... Keep this kind of crap up and you aren't long for this site...

Leave a comment:

• Giancarlo
    replied
    Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

You mean, like you constantly are ignoring Giancarlo?
    Lol. He got tired of getting the wind kicked out of him. Lol. Beaten by an emo. Must have destroyed his little shred of masculinity.

Leave a comment:

• rah
    replied
    Well he did get so tired of getting pantsed every time he tried to argue with me that he has stopped even trying. Only smart thing he has done in a long time.

Leave a comment:

• Proteus_MST
    replied

No. You're a liar and a piece of ****. I'm going to start ignoring you because you are useless.
    You mean, like you constantly are ignoring Giancarlo?

Leave a comment:

• Ming
    replied

You are a ****ing ******
    If that is how you are going to respond to posts, don't bother posting...
    Or the choice to post won't be yours

Leave a comment:

• Kidlicious
    replied

I am just a realist ... GOP will protect Kavanaugh no matter what he has done in the past or how believable the accusations are ...
    they know that it is their best chance of having a partisan hack in the SC who will do their bidding and herefore tip the SC into their favor

Leave a comment:

• Giancarlo
    replied
    Kavanaugh received stolen documents and memos. Not just an impeachable oftense, but a jailable one. Respond to that, kidiot.

Leave a comment:

• Proteus_MST
    replied

You are a ****ing ******
    I am just a realist ... GOP will protect Kavanaugh no matter what he has done in the past or how believable the accusations are ...
    they know that it is their best chance of having a partisan hack in the SC who will do their bidding and herefore tip the SC into their favor

Leave a comment:

• Kidlicious
    replied

It would be a waste of time, especially considering the fact that the GOP will protect Kavanaugh from any further investigation into the Ford case, no matter how trustworthy (or untrustworthy) the case is.
    Even the democrats (in the unlikely case that they win over the majority of the senate) may rather be advised into concentrating on Kavanaughs lies under oath, than on spending more time into researching the Ford accusations
    You are a ****ing ******

Leave a comment:

• Giancarlo
    replied

If you don't read the report then you are ignorant. If you keep talking you are stupid as ****.
    I have read it and it was a big waste of my time. What is it with you republicans and a lack of citations? That report was partisan garbage. It wasn't a real report. It was a partisan hit piece.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X