Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heatwave - let's talk about the weather.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think only one of the 2 older Trump sons is connected to the collusion (Don jr. IIRC)
    the other may remain free and able to run for a 2030 presidency
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
      I think only one of the 2 older Trump sons is connected to the collusion (Don jr. IIRC)
      the other may remain free and able to run for a 2030 presidency
      I think the only clean person in the Trump family is the 12 year old.

Barron Trump. Clean for now... until he reaches adulthood and becomes corrupt like the rest of his family.

And at 12 he can't run for office.
      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

sunk

Comment

sea

Comment

In southern Manitoba, Canada we had back to back thunder/lightnings storms yesterday, one lasting about 3 hours, the second lasting about two hours, and dumping about 20 cm (8 inches) on my neighborhood. Power went out in a couple of nearby neighborhoods, and was restored within a couple of hours.

So, anyone in the tsunami/ hurricane zones?
            There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
              Uncle Sparky commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm particularly enjoying the coverage of Hurricane Florence, since Florence is my ex-sister-in-law's name. Florence was devastating. My brother took a soaking.

The big Typhoon here is tracking N of us. Got some rain from it sucking the monsoon further N, but yesterday and today have been dry. We’re in the hills so flooding isn’t an issue for us.

Comment

If anyone knows an Ompong or Mangkhut it could make an interesting story.

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                Uncle Sparky commented
                Editing a comment
                So, what do those mean?

• Aeson
                Aeson commented
                Editing a comment
                I have no idea! I think they are people’s names.

• pchang
                pchang commented
                Editing a comment
                Why would local people make up a new name (different from the official name) for a storm? Are they trying to confuse people on purpose?

Basically different areas of responsibility for different organizations... and storms that cross AOR. Made perfect sense when implemented way back when, may or may not make sense now. I imagine there would be confusion either way, Filipinos (or me) trying to pronounce Mangkhut may not facilitate quick and clear exchange of information.

Comment

It's a hard job to be a weather journalist

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                  Uncle Sparky commented
                  Editing a comment
                  This does look staged. However, about four years ago I was coordinating ticket sales for a Fringe Festival venue in Winnipeg one evening when a 'weather inversion' hit. The volunteers and I were selling tickets to a venue that seated 280 people. There was a show playing inside at the time so the line up for the show, which was selling out, extended around the west side of he theatre then north about half a block. The clouds above had been swirling and making very odd shapes for about five-10 minutes when a very large, low cloud parked itself over the building across the street... the cloud was mostly black and seemed to be tipped on it's side being much higher than wide. Then, once it had settled almost touching the roof of the three story building, it poured rain... across the street. The road separating us from the storm was getting wet, but wasn't getting directly rained on. The sidewalk and small plaza we were in was completely dry. We were about 20 ft. (7 m) from a torrent. It held for 4-5 minutes, but I let the new audience into the theatre's smallish lobby, with the clear understanding that if there was any noise, they'd have to go outside. So you can battle the elements and have people nearby unaffected.

swede mafi

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
                  In southern Manitoba, Canada we had back to back thunder/lightnings storms yesterday, one lasting about 3 hours, the second lasting about two hours, and dumping about 20 cm (8 inches) on my neighborhood. Power went out in a couple of nearby neighborhoods, and was restored within a couple of hours.

So, anyone in the tsunami/ hurricane zones?
                  I am just getting back online I live in Onslow County, Jacksonville North Carolina...we were three days in the right quadrant of Florence (North East of eyewall is most times the worse due to circulation) Hurricane Florence went over us...three days with Tropical Storm Force winds and over 36 hours with Hurricane Force Windfield gusts...many over 100 MPH Gusts...sustained over 90 MPH during this time....we lost power for almost 6 full days.....worse one I have been through...makes 7 Hurricanes that have come over the top of us plus another half dozen Tropical named storms...as graphics show we had over 30 inches of rain....
                  Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Goodto hear that your home and you all weathered the storm
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

metoo

Comment

Order of the Fly
                        Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by I AM I AM I AM MOBIUS View Post
                          metoo
                          artoo?
                          I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                          Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                          Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Working...
                          X