Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heatwave - let's talk about the weather.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The temp right now is 35 and expected to go up another degree or two... Tuesday, we're supposed to be back in the mid 20s, but only for a day or two.
    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

We are hot and dry here, and it's supposed to be rainy season.

Comment

Thirsty Cows
        I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
        Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
        Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
          We are hot and dry here, and it's supposed to be rainy season.
          Try this:
          Solar-Powered Water Desalination Science Project: Build and test a solar-powered device for desalinating water and investigate how the color of the bottom of the device affects its efficiency.
          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Thanks. Now I just have to wait until sea levels rise 50m or so!

Comment

No need to wait. Just add a solar powered pump. In any case a 10m rise should be coming right up.
              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

Comment

Some day my great great grandchildren may have beachfront property! #drillBabyDrill

Comment

Earlier today it was only 15C. It finally warmed up to 17C. Woohoo!

Comment

Don't worry ... according to the newest updated models of climatologists, you can expect 4 other years full of heat records after this year
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

What do you think will happen when China’s northern plains become uninhabitable resulting in the death of 20% of the population and 40% drop in their food production?

Comment

If Trump and his GOP are still in power in the USA at this time I expect thoughts and prayers from the US government for the people in China (combined with continued denial with regards to the human causes of global warming)
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I think it won't happen until at least 2030. Trump will be long gone by then. What I do expect is for China and Russia to get into a war as China annexes parts of Siberia. I also expect the Chinese government to fall and be replaced by something else just as authoritarian. I am hoping that the US and Canada join peacefully in a solar/renewable energy powered hydrology union aimed at redistributing the uneven rainfall as best as possible to maintain food production and habitability.

Comment

Knowing our luck, in 2030, Steve Bannon will be president.....
                            I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                            Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                            Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Originally posted by Broken_Erika View Post
                              Knowing our luck, in 2030, Steve Bannon will be president.....
                              Or, just as bad, one of the 2 older Trump-Sons

Comment

Can't be president from prison.
                                For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Working...
                                X