Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heatwave - let's talk about the weather.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temperatures would be totally O.K.,
    at least if I has some kind of waterproof laptop and were able to work in the bathtub
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Also in the vicinity there were some danish guys (in a resort place I thought was only known to athenians) who the poor folks didn't know WHO to call, so they called the danish police who in turn called the greek police in order to locate them. And also a belgian national lost his life there according to the belgian embassy, I thought those resort places were for athenians but I guess I was wrong

Comment

Bet that we all would prefer the cold and extremely wet summer of last year
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Father Enlil is enjoying himself with these fires and heatwaves. Death Valley set a new record high of 127.
          Order of the Fly
          Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Climate change sucks.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

47 C where I am at.

Lets just say a little warm... I'm used to it. I've been exposed to 50C before. You start to feel the burn.

Night time? 30 C. Doesn't cool off enough. Thank god for the HVAC in my apartment. I did move. My last place had a window unit that took forever to cool down anything and ended up wasting more energy.

There is no real relief in sight. The only slight relief is that next week night time temperatures should be lower. Day time will still be hot (38-40C).
              For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Sounds like someone moved from LA to Hades! (Or maybe Palm Springs)
                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

No I'm in LA. Just not near the coast. My brother is near the coast and its quite a bit cooler. I'm a bit more inland.
                  For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

https://www.imerodromos.gr/o-amvrosi...-stin-toyrkia/ nice cartoon from a turkish newspaper. on the background a turkish nationalist is saying "they deserved it! they deserved it!" and a greek priest ( a piece of scum judist) saying (and he did said it) "it happened because tsipras is an atheist) and on the forefron a turk saying to a greek "the forests, nature will regrow itself - but THEY, they will never become human...!" very true sates are on thing, peoples are another and they are always united in crisis times

Comment

News report said arson was suspected. If true, that would be inhuman.
                      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

boo-hoo. Welcome to the human race and planet Earth. Humans are psychopathic dangerous animals that cannot be trusted from newborn babies to 115 year olds. You really should never leave your house without fear of your life no matter where you live or who you are or how long you have known somebody at any time.

Guess where I learned that one.
                        Order of the Fly

Comment

Originally posted by ZEE View Post
                          Pffft. Heatwaves.

100 degrees every day of summer is normal here in Florida. You pansies need to learn to adapt. Me? I sit in my house drinking rum and playing video games with the AC blasting on my days off... plus I have AC at work.

And I don't go outside simply because it is hot. There are humans out there! They are nasty, violent, dangerous animals. Best avoided at all costs.
                          No wonder someone related to the forces of hell has no probs with heat....
                          Blah

Comment

I am actually extremely sensitive to cold. I wear a jacket in 70 degree weather.

Part of the reason I stay in the Deep South.
                            Order of the Fly

Comment

Even the climatologists now raise alarms:

In germany the climate now also takes its toll on the local flora ... the problem isn't the temperature alone, but especially the drought .. we had only few days of rain since spring.
                              Now areas that usually are lush green during this time have turned to brown on satellite photos.

We already had a millenial summer 15 years ago (in 2003), but at that time only the avg. temperatures were high as never before ... it wasn't in combination with a millenial drought

Withered sunflowers, scorched wheat fields, stunted cornstalks -- the farmlands of northern Germany have borne the brunt of this year's extreme heat and record-low rainfall, triggering an epochal drought.

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Certainly global warming. And many in America are still in deep denial, like the orange fungus.

Comment

Working...
                                X