Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heatwave - let's talk about the weather.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hang in there EuroCommies ... Climate change is likely to eventually shut down the North Atlantic Current and cool Europe down.

Comment

I heard on the radio the other day that the North Atlantic current has actually stalled this year, but didn't result in lower temps as predicted, but the reverse. I can't remember the actual mechanism, but it has certainly turned climate orthodoxy somewhat on its head.

Comment

It's fricking cold here in EU/Denmark - an hour past midnight it's only 26 degrees
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

It's 24 here. - just before 9:00pm
          I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
          Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
          Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

iPhone says Copenhagen is currently at 17, but San Francisco is at 16.
            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Yeah, that 's the temperature OUTSIDE - though, building codes result in inner room temperatures are way higher - that is good when outside temperature is way below freezing point, not far above .
              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I just keep the windows closed during daytime (from maybe short before noon till 8/9 PM in the evening) and keep them wide open (with ventilators constantly running in order to ensure a replacement of the air) during night and morning.

It still gets a little bit hot during the day, but it is just below unbearable hot (which I would surpass if I had the windows open during the day (and had the heat creeping in))

I guess it is about time that gemany introduces spanish customs ... withwork during the morning, the hot hours of the afternoon being free for a siesta and working again during the evening
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

A window fan can work wonders. Saves me a lot of money on electricity. I run it at night and cool my pad off. I have a Bionaire BW2300. It does help. That one is stronger than most. Reversible too.. One fan in and the other as exhaust.

And I live near/in a sweltering desert. The one plus is it cools off at night.
                  For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Wheather reps say 2 more days of

So anybody inda mood for a hot debate on global warming?

When it's too late we're all pancake.
                    Blah

Comment

Perhaps we should all invest in the Nunavut real estate market.
                      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

Comment

The Northwest Territories could become the world's bread basket.

Comment

Nah, it's just weather - hot and dry, but still just weather. IIRC there was a couple of times more or less like back in the 70'ies and some more since.

Though, if the next 4-5 summers go the same way, GW could be the reason.

It hasn't been so today as expected, though tomorrow are going to be interesting promises/threats are ~35 degrees - slight chance for a new record.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

We just need to plant 5 billion hectares of food forests and we can solve most of the world's problems.

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                              Uncle Sparky commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Then those Brazilian farmers have the right idea - burn down the Amazon and plant crops...

And who do we have to move out of those 5 billion hectares in order to make this work?

Comment

Mostly cows, corn, degraded grasslands, and soybeans

Comment

Working...
                              X