A top economist believes,Trumps tax bill will help the economy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

You are being ridiculous. Claiming that cutting taxes causes economic growth is about the most sound judgement you can make with economics. No one is selling snake oil. Stop hacking.
    The question is not whether a tax cuts can promote ecnomic growth.
    Rather
    • How long term is the economic growth (economists think rather short term)
    • How large (Most economists think that the pedictions of the GOP on this are widely exaggerated)
    • Will the increase in taxes (due to economic growth) be equal/larger than the increase in the amount of interest that the USA have to pay (due to having to borrow more money in order to finance the taxt cuts) (economists don't think so)

Which is why both questions in the survey don't ask about the next year after the tax bill, but rather about the state oof te USA 10 years after the tax bill

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Mkay I don't read vox. You are misleading.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Please post from a real news site, and don't move goal posts.

Comment

Please post from a real news site, and don't move goal posts.
          At the top of the last page I posted a link to the page of the survey itself (together with all economists who answered the survey, their credentials as well as their notes regarding the questions, if any) ... more than this level of pure unaltered information no news site can provide you

I guess that the sites that you consider to be "real news sites" (which AFAIK only are Fox News and Breitbart) don't have an article regarding the survey ...
          after all it sheds a bad liht on the GOPs tax plans and therefore doesn't fit into their mission statement to be Trumps propaganda media

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

yeah, why let facts get in the way when you can just read Breitbart.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I see a link to vox again. Nice try.

Comment

I see a link to vox again. Nice try.
                Obviously you don't look thoroughly enough ... which is fascinating, considering that the posting with my link is just above a posting of yours

At least, I guess, this is how Trump or one of his PR team would formulate it. They would, however, forget to mention that 41 other top ecoonomist believe the contrary The University of Chicagos Booth School of Business regularly runs a survey among a group o selected op business scientists (many of whom are nobel price winners or WH veterans). This time the survey as about the GOP tax reform and wether it will help the US economy or not. As mentioned before, 41 of the 42 top business scientists (who

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

Obviously you don't look thoroughly enough ... which is fascinating, considering that the posting with my link is just above a posting of yours

https://apolyton.net/forum/miscellan...53#post9336853
                  Ok so the vox link was at the place you told me to look. So your mistake and then you act like I can't follow directions. Am I debating Hillary Clinton or what?

So looking at the actual answers I see many "did not answers" and "uncertain."

You started a thread with a certain title. You have been very dishonest. Of course I expect that from people who insist upon vox.

Comment

Unlike the trailer park trash that swear by breitbart.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Ok so the vox link was at the place you told me to look. So your mistake and then you act like I can't follow directions. Am I debating Hillary Clinton or what?

So looking at the actual answers I see many "did not answers" and "uncertain."

You started a thread with a certain title. You have been very dishonest. Of course I expect that from people who insist upon vox.
                      My point still stands ... one of the top economists thinks that the bill will help the economy.
                      1/3 of the top economists cannot say (because they need more informations) and the other 2/3s opinions are negative or very negative.

Comment

No it doesn't. They didn't even ask that question and you didn't say anything about people not disagreeing. Sad.

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                          Unlike the trailer park trash that swear by breitbart.
                          Very funny male feminist pig.

Comment

Please tell me why I should talk to you about economics when you don't know the difference between fiscal policy for a tiny state like Kansas and the federal government.
                            You made an unsupported and truly ignorant claim about tax cuts suppisedly always being good for the economy. Naturally, as always, you now pretebd that didn't happen and keep running your mouth like an ignorant fool.

Also we haven't even gotten to the fact that $2 trillion in new borrowing (Republicans are lying about it being "only" $1.5 trillion) will suck up so much capital interest rates will spike and the real economy will lag. Stagflation is a real fear.

If they were serious about tax cuts for the rich withput exploding the deficit they would need $2 trillion in spending cuts. Of course, cutting $2 trillion in spending would be so deflationary we would go right back into recession. In short, there is no way the current Republican policies can be good economics. Thus why every actual economist has said it is bad.
                            Last edited by Dinner; November 26, 2017, 15:05.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

No it doesn't. They didn't even ask that question and you didn't say anything about people not disagreeing. Sad.
                              Considering that the GDP is an indicator for the well-being of a countries economy,
                              then the assumption that the GDP in 10 years won't be substantially higher than now, is equal to the assumption that the tax bill won't have helped economy.

And 2/3 of the economists disagree or even strongly disagree that, if the tax bill is introduced, the GDP in 10 years will be substantially higher than now.
                              So, the tax bill in the end obviously doesn't help economy

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

My point still stands ... one of the top economists thinks that the bill will help the economy.
                                1/3 of the top economists cannot say (because they need more informations) and the other 2/3s opinions are negative or very negative.
                                I have already told you. The one who was for it changed his vote and said he had misread it. No actual economists supported it.
                                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X