No announcement yet.

Ex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My suggestion is to change jobs every couple of tears, ideally to offices with a higher-than-average female:male ratio.

Things like travel agencies, for instance.
    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• I cry a lot, so that doesn't sound practical.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Your goals are silly, TBH. Why would you want to be with another smelly, needy, annoying human that has the potential to hurt you in the future?

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Tapatalk

Order of the Fly
        Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• I don't have a very good sense of smell, so it's not that bad really.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• This is still all good advice, Lori -as of 10 this morning when the power went out- and the more I hear about Shelok (her Facebook posts in my timeline sharing adorable stories on her adorable Boyloks reflect well, too) the more I respect her. So Elok found a good woman weird enough for him, even UNO found a good woman weird enough for him, and you can too.

You remember when we met? I came into your depression thread in 2014, told you to read The Tao of Pooh -you still should- and asked/talked about women and relationships as a major, MAJOR source of MY blues.

You got bigger balls than I about making advances, son; you need to stop overthinking it, do your due chasing, and stop being too goal-oriented towards the endgame of finding Mrs. Zael. Ladies are a lot of fun just for themselves, and sampling is good.

[southern]What you're doing is thinking too much about size of the ditch you're digging, and that don't get ditches dug -to the contrary- you gotta turn over the shovelful in your hand, and repeat until done, is how ditches get dug... Just don't whoop 'em or tell them how much they suck, and like Shelock says, you're getting to be a better catch all the time...[/southern]
            Last edited by Buster Crabbe's Uncle; April 20, 2018, 19:32.
            AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
            JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

• Jon Miller found a woman weird enough for HIM...

They double-posting through life and seem happy...
              Last edited by Buster Crabbe's Uncle; April 20, 2018, 17:40.

No pasarán

Comment

• I already found three good women weird enough for me. How much more can I reasonably expect the universe to give me.

Comment

• One more.

-And enjoy the tryouts until you find her. You're not special in your suck, you know; chill, and it will happen, but you gotta chill and play the game...

No pasarán

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                    I already found three good women weird enough for me. How much more can I reasonably expect the universe to give me.
                    3 / (#number of women you have already met) * (~3.6 billion - #number of women you have already met)
                    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Some random googling estimates you meet 80,000 people/life. But I'm only 32, so let's say I've met 32,000, with 16,000 being women. Yeah, that puts the number of remaining good women out there at roughly 700,000, but I've only managed to meet 3 of them so far. If I'm going to meet another 24,000 women before I die, then 4.5 of them will be right for me.

Except obviously this is probabilistic, so we can say the odds of any individual woman being compatible are about 2e-4. If I meet 500 women per year, what are the odds I go a whole year without meeting a potential life partner? 90%. After 12 years, I'm twice as likely to have met a compatible woman as not. And there's only a 1% I go the rest of my life without meeting one. Yay.

Comment

Working...
                      X