No announcement yet.

Ex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People who say 'another woman wouldn't hurt' can't be serious. Might keep you on your toes, out of your own mind if you will, feel good, maybe even bring love, but... not hurt?
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Well the alternative is I'm alone for the rest of my life...
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Yes, that's the alternative. Tried it for 4 years, pretty much just gave up, which ended over 20 years ago. Been married since, working out great. Your results may vary, its all in the person you choose and whether the changes you will both go through can work together well through the decades, perhaps whether you both have the will to adapt. There's the trick, and telling the future of a person, even yourself...

Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

I'm fine at keeping relationships going. Not so great at starting them.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I agree that after 30 there are a lot of lonely women out there in that age group that have lowered their standards to the point that any non-kid type male who could love them back could be a winner.
            You would be surprised. Especially for someone with your sense of humor.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

This is good advice, Lori... Women like me better and better the older I get and they get. -The trick is meeting women my age who interest me back...
              AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
              JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

As a refresher...

Girlfriend 1: followed me home and nearly forced herself on me

Girlfriend 2: was delivered to me in a box

Girlfriend 3: was supremely patient and waited around long enough for me to make a move

Since then...

Linguistics TA: struck out

Other writing buddy: struck out

Classmate: Short-lived, disastrous friends with benefits thing

Fellow TA: struck out

OkCupid Girl (new!!!!!!): Went on two dates, mutually ghosted each other

This dating crap is frustrating and not fun and I don't want to do it. I just want to fall into a relationship, but despite me being lucky enough to actually have that happen a couple times, that's not how the real world works.

Comment

By my count that's 3 for 8. Most men would kill for a success ratio like that.
                  Just get yourself out there. They can't follow you home if they don't know you.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Okay, what age are you, Lori? Early thirties?
                    1011 1100
                    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                      As a refresher...

Girlfriend 1: followed me home and nearly forced herself on me

Girlfriend 2: was delivered to me in a box

Girlfriend 3: was supremely patient and waited around long enough for me to make a move

Since then...

Linguistics TA: struck out

Other writing buddy: struck out

Classmate: Short-lived, disastrous friends with benefits thing

Fellow TA: struck out

OkCupid Girl (new!!!!!!): Went on two dates, mutually ghosted each other

This dating crap is frustrating and not fun and I don't want to do it. I just want to fall into a relationship, but despite me being lucky enough to actually have that happen a couple times, that's not how the real world works.
                      Hang in there. The odds are literally in your favor so just be open minded and open to possibilities.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
                        Okay, what age are you, Lori? Early thirties?

Comment

• It sounds like you're looking in the wrong places. Wife suggests that you become absolutely, positively crystal-clear about the kids thing before even trying for a relationship at your age, no matter what you decide about it. And make that clear from the get-go. She also notes that she is becoming ludicrously over-involved in the love life of a person she doesn't know, because she considers it a public service to marriage/LTR-minded women to put a decent catch in the pool. Other suggestions include looking at older dating sites that are more LTR oriented, whatever that means. And a cautionary note that women looking to settle down for reals tend to be more religious.
                          1011 1100

Comment

• Okay, she says Eharmony was the not-looking-for-hookups dating site ten years ago when she last had any reason to care about dating, or had friends who did. It also skewed religious, because that was and is the primary non-hookup demographic. But you can sort, or something. May want to look into whether it's still that way.
                            1011 1100

Comment

• I did eharmony about ten years so and it was more serious (and more religious) but it would also recommend matches to me in places like Florida and Michigan... When I lived in California which wasn't exactly very useful.

That was a decade ago so maybe it is better now.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
                                Wife suggests that you become absolutely, positively crystal-clear about the kids thing before even trying for a relationship at your age, no matter what you decide about it. And make that clear from the get-go.
                                On my OkCupid profile, I'm only looking for people who also have the "don't have kids and don't want any" option enabled.

And a cautionary note that women looking to settle down for reals tend to be more religious.
                                Hey man, my second girlfriend was a creationist.

But really, I'm not convinced I'm looking in the wrong places.

Linguistics TA: Yes, ethically problematic, but only a couple years younger than me.
                                Writing Buddy: My age, didn't want children.
                                Classmate: Older than me, had a kid but was just looking for sex, kinda.
                                Fellow TA: Only a couple years younger than me.
                                OkCupid Girl: My age, didn't want children.

Comment

Working...
                                X