Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long will the Trump administration last?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's clear that there's only one way to save this country from Trump:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	4237f7509fb1012f2fe600163e41dd5b.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	9325889
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

SA are nice to muslims of the Sunnite faith (and its subgroups like Wahhabism and Salafism) ... they are not so nice against muslims of the Shia faith

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_...a#Shia_Muslims

(To be more exactly, I should mention that the countries rulers of SA belong to the Salafist subgroup ... which is actually the same radical subgroup of Islam, whose members in western countries often are found to recruit for the IS (and which therefore are under surveillance in germany) ... which makes it interesting that you and Trump see no problem with not including SA (and other countries with a high salafist pecentage) in the muslim travel ban )
      So what? They ban Sunni.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post

WaPo is reporing uth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

So what? They ban Sunni.
          Well, I find it funnny that, in search of your justification for a Trumpian travel ban, you pick a country

that is known for its repression of certain population groups of diffeent faiths (like muslims of the Shia faith, christians, jews)
          that is known for its repression of women,
          known not to be a democracy (btw. in contrast to Iran, which has elections and is a farther step to democracy than SA)
          and also is known for having implemented the Sharia laws in one of its strictest forms
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

Well, I find it funnny that, in search of your justification for a Trumpian travel ban, you pick a country

that is known for its repression of certain population groups of diffeent faiths (like muslims of the Shia faith, christians, jews)
            that is known for its repression of women,
            known not to be a democracy (btw. in contrast to Iran, which has elections and is a farther step to democracy than SA)
            and also is known for having implemented the Sharia laws in one of its strictest forms
            You KNOW why. Because of terrorism. But you go on off point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
              You KNOW why. Because of terrorism. But you go on off point.
              Well, if we talk about terrorism we should also mention that you refer to a country that

actually exported terrorism to the USA (the majority of the attackers of 9/11 came from SA)
              that gives lots of money to groups all over the world (including in the USA) that spread a fundamentalist form of Islam that definitely is no all to compatible with western values (and actually supports making sharia the law of the land)
              a country that also has lots of people who support terrorist groups with lots of money

Perhaps, if such a travel ban exists, it is rather the fear from refugees that will require resurces (food, medicine, shelter) to be spent on them and not so much a fear of terrorists (just like the current isolation of Quatar surely has more to do with dominance in the region and economy, than with terrorism)

If you want to use Saudi Arabia as a model for a travel ban, why not also import other things that Saudi Arabia has ... for example women being forbidden to drive a car ... or certain regions of the country being off limits if you don't have the correct faith, or womennot being allowed to do business without the permission of husband/father/brother ... or even by abandoning democracy and making Donald the ruler of the country with leadership being heritable within male members of the Trump family?

That said, however I am missing any reference to an actual travel ban regarding Saudi Arabia.
              Googling only found me a travel ban for Jews and people from 3 countries with Ebola, but none that is similar to the travel ban which Donald wants to instate in the USA

So please enlighten us with a link to a believable (i.e. not Breitbart) source for the existence of a travel ban
              Last edited by Proteus_MST; June 7, 2017, 14:09.
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post

WaPo is reporting, based on confirmation by more than 20 White House officials and staffers, that Trump is in full on meltdown mode over Comey's testimony tomorrow. Trump also is refusing advice from his lawyers and admin expeets to stop saying anything about Russia's hacking. I fully expect him to explode on twitter during or shortly after Comey's testimony. The man just isn't intelligent enough to shut his mouth.
                So did you read Comey's opening statement? Do the right thing and post that report in the fake news thread.

Comment

• Verbatim quotation, in context, is not fake news.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Yeah, only Kid would believe it wasn't real.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I guess Kid's definition of fake news is anything he doesn't want to hear.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                        I guess Kid's definition of fake news is anything he doesn't want to hear.
                        Same definition as his Master Donald uses

Comment

• Which is actually a bit strange for me because during the ramp up for the election, I don't remember him being a die-hard Trumpster except for a little of that he's not Hillary thinking. He didn't go over to the totally wackjob side until he must have figured he could push our buttons by doing so. But in the end just comes across as a foaming rabid dog.
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Rah, we need to have a talk, pardner. *chews on soem tobacco*

You are 'bout to go up against the roughest, toughest, rootinest, shootinest claim-jumper that ever jumped a claim. *tips cowboy hat*

You see, Rah, you have just entered KIDICIOUS COUNTRY...

*spits a glob of black goo into a spitoon and there is a 'DING' sound.*
                            Order of the Fly
                            Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• classic AAHZ

Spits in your direction.
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                                I do have a hammer though ... but no sickle. I have been thinking of getting a scythe, not sure if that would count.
                                Sickles are a pain to keep sharp and are severely lacking in both mass and leverage. Stick with the scythe.
                                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                                X