No announcement yet.

Single Greatest Witch Hunt in American History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I personally don't give a rat's ass who started it. I'm sure if some partisan dug through the records they would an earlier case of the other side starting it. I'm tired of those 'but they started it' excuses. Yeah unrealistic as heck, but it doesn't change how I feel about it. And even as a repug myself, I wasn't a fan of what was done to Clinton. (who was one of the few Democrats that I've voted for over the years.)
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

True ... on the other hand, the time under Bush jr. was more or less civilized, except for the demands for recounts in his reelection and also except for the witch hunt that "patriots" did on people protesting the war

So, it doesn't seem to happen every time ... just with a higher probability at times when a Democrat is PotUS (and people of the GOP try to harm him at all costs)
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Yeah it does seem a bit slanted in that direction, but doesn't change my opinion on it. And it has been more recent, (remembering I'm older and have seen more Dem presidents, back to Kennedy)
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
          Yeah it does seem a bit slanted in that direction, but doesn't change my opinion on it. And it has been more recent, (remembering I'm older and have seen more Dem presidents, back to Kennedy)
          Aye ... I think the difference between today (and earlier times (i.e.Bush sr. and earlier)) is the internet ... makes nasty rumors (or actual informations) about a PotUS spreead faster and wider ... causes members (in chats/fora) f left/right interest groups to work themselves up into a frenzy ... and make them more likely to actually demand actions.
          Having certain meedia outlets that don't seem to care all too much about the truth and are fanatically believed by parts of the ppulation (like Breitbart of Fox) of course increases the probability for feeliings boiling up.

So, I guess, the probability for a return to the "good old times" may be rather small (unles, of course, one has a president which even the extemists of both sides can accept)
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

While the Internet may be the greatest invention ever, not all of it's benefits are good.
            Look on the bright side. Maybe Comcast will push it's own new services more and when the Repugs finish gutting net neutrality rules, they can slow down the Breitbart and Fox feeds on their network.
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

Karma is a biatch.
              Guess it is the universe telling Trump what it thinks of Trumps own witch hunt against Obama, with his birther movement and his constant barrages against everything Obama did
              I don't think you understand how Karma works. Ds didn't win election.
              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

I don't think you understand how Karma works. Ds didn't win election.
                It works exactly like it currently does.
                When Obama was PotUS, Trump tried to instigate his followers into a Witch hunt on Obama.
                Now Trump is PotUS and he himself is victim of a witch hunt

To say it with another example (more akin to the buddhist concept of Karma):
                If in this life you are a rich man and treat beggars condescending and badly who come begging at your door,
                you may find yourself in your next life as a beggar yourself (and be treated badly by rich people), in order to teach you more compassion and modesty
                Last edited by Proteus_MST; May 19, 2017, 16:21.

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                  I didn't like it when it was happening to Obama and while Trump certainly deserves it, I'm still not 100% comfortable with it. I guess I'm still a bit old fashion and thinks the office deserves a little respect. Back in the old days, a president could be having an affair and the press would turn away. I guess you can't go back and once the genie is out of the bottle, he isn't going back.
                  Why? These issues are at least factually based unlike all the lies Republicans made up about Obama. Thus why the FBI now has a criminal investigation against Trump and a special prosecutor. Appointed by Trump's own nominee I might add.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

It works exactly like it currently does.
                    When Obama was PotUS, Trump tried to instigate his followers into a Witch hunt on Obama.
                    Now Trump is PotUS and he himself is victim of a witch hunt

To say it with another example (more akin to the buddhist concept of Karma):
                    If in this life you are a rich man and treat beggars condescending and badly who come begging at your door,
                    you may find yourself in your next life as a beggar yourself (and be treated badly by rich people), in order to teach you more compassion and modesty
                    There's nothing wrong with asking for a birth certificate but that's besides the point. The democrats are trying to break the moral of the movement. Many Rs are still trying to keep peace and compromise, even Trump. But these days are ending.

Comment

There's nothing wrong with asking for a birth certificate but that's besides the point. The democrats are trying to break the moral of the movement. Many Rs are still trying to keep peace and compromise, even Trump. But these days are ending.
                      Kept the peace?
                      You mean like when Trump suddenly, out of thin air, began claiming that Obama had wiretapped Trump Tower?

Comment

Kept the peace?
                        You mean like when Trump suddenly, out of thin air, began claiming that Obama had wiretapped Trump Tower?
                        This just proves that trying to keep the peace is pointless.

Comment

This just proves that trying to keep the peace is pointless.
                          It proves that lies don't "keep the peace." Just like the fake news about birth certificates were not designed to keep the peace (since, after all, not even Trump tried to claim that Ann Dunham was not Barry's mother). All that frothing is designed to keep the violence and stir up the ignorati, not keep the peace.
                          The dogmas of the quiet past, are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty…we will be remembered in spite of ourselves… The fiery trial through which we pass, will light us down, in honor or dishonor, to the last generation… We shall nobly save, or meanly lose, the last best hope of earth.
                          - A. Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by grumbler View Post

It proves that lies don't "keep the peace." Just like the fake news about birth certificates were not designed to keep the peace (since, after all, not even Trump tried to claim that Ann Dunham was not Barry's mother). All that frothing is designed to keep the violence and stir up the ignorati, not keep the peace.
                            When liberals talk about lies I just tune out. This post bored the crap out of me. But then all of your posts do that.

Comment

For shrinks it must be like having a public master class with Trump around
                              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

News reports of Ds backing off of impeachment demands. We know that D politicians conspire with liberal media (reported by liberal media). Why would they want the public to think that they don't want to seem over eager when their base is calling for impeachment?

They might get Trump on some BS charge, because that's what they like to do just so that they can get you on something big. But then Trump will be a martyr.

Comment

Working...
                                X