Single Greatest Witch Hunt in American History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
    There is no Deep State. Like vote fraud and false flag attacks, another paranoid fantasy from our friends on the right.
    Actually people like you have fantasies that there is no deep state.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

There is no Deep State. Like vote fraud and false flag attacks, another paranoid fantasy from our friends on the right.
      The "Deep State" is what we used to call "the bureaucracy" or, on a more local level, "city hall" (as in you can't fight it).

Watch "Yes, Minister"/"Yes, Prime Minister" to see its British analog.

It isn't harmless, but it also isn't sinister.
      The dogmas of the quiet past, are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty…we will be remembered in spite of ourselves… The fiery trial through which we pass, will light us down, in honor or dishonor, to the last generation… We shall nobly save, or meanly lose, the last best hope of earth.
      - A. Lincoln

Comment

Possible prosecution for the media if "anonymous sources" were invented to sabotage the government.

(a) Criminal Violation.—
        (1)In general.—Whoever engages in any conduct with intent to convey false or misleading information under circumstances where such information may reasonably be believed and where such information indicates that an activity has taken, is taking, or will take place that would constitute a violation of chapter 2, 10, 11B, 39, 40, 44, 111, or 113B of this title, section 236 of the Atomic Energy Act of 1954 (42 U.S.C. 2284), or section 46502, the second sentence of section 46504, section 46505(b)(3) or (c), section 46506 if homicide or attempted homicide is involved, or section 60123(b) of title 49, shall—
        (A) be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both;
        (B) if serious bodily injury results, be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both; and
        (C) if death results, be fined under this title or imprisoned for any number of years up to life, or both.
        (2)Armed forces.—Any person who makes a false statement, with intent to convey false or misleading information, about the death, injury, capture, or disappearance of a member of the Armed Forces of the United States during a war or armed conflict in which the United States is engaged—
        (A) shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both;
        (B) if serious bodily injury results, shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both; and
        (C) if death results, shall be fined under this title, imprisoned for any number of years or for life, or both.
        (b)Civil Action.—
        Whoever engages in any conduct with intent to convey false or misleading information under circumstances where such information may reasonably be believed and where such information indicates that an activity has taken, is taking, or will take place that would constitute a violation of chapter 2, 10, 11B, 39, 40, 44, 111, or 113B of this title, section 236 of the Atomic Energy Act of 1954 (42 U.S.C. 2284), or section 46502, the second sentence of section 46504, section 46505 (b)(3) or (c), section 46506 if homicide or attempted homicide is involved, or section 60123(b) of title 49 is liable in a civil action to any party incurring expenses incident to any emergency or investigative response to that conduct, for those expenses.
        (c) Reimbursement.—
        (1)In general.—
        The court, in imposing a sentence on a defendant who has been convicted of an offense under subsection (a), shall order the defendant to reimburse any state or local government, or private not-for-profit organization that provides fire or rescue service incurring expenses incident to any emergency or investigative response to that conduct, for those expenses.
        (2)Liability.—
        A person ordered to make reimbursement under this subsection shall be jointly and severally liable for such expenses with each other person, if any, who is ordered to make reimbursement under this subsection for the same expenses.
        (3)Civil judgment.—
        An order of reimbursement under this subsection shall, for the purposes of enforcement, be treated as a civil judgment.
        (d)Activities of Law Enforcement.—
        This section does not prohibit any lawfully authorized investigative, protective, or intelligence activity of a law enforcement agency of the United States, a State, or political subdivision of a State, or of an intelligence agency of the United States.
        (Added Pub. L. 108–458, title VI, § 6702(a), Dec. 17, 2004, 118 Stat. 3764.)

Comment

Absolutely zero chance of impeachment now, because of McCain's question today asking Comey why he made the decision to end the investigation of Clinton before the election but the FBI still won't say that Trump is not under investigation.

Comment

Absolutely 0 chance of impeachment because Republicans control the House. There has never been any other reason that matters. As for McCain, he seems more senile than anything else.
            Last edited by pchang; June 8, 2017, 14:50.
            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by pchang View Post
              Absolutely 0 chance of impeachment because Republicans control the House. There has never been any other reason that matters. As for McCain, he seems more senile than anything else.
              The anti-Trump Rs know this is a witch hunt and can't move to impeach.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

The anti-Trump Rs know this is a witch hunt and can't move to impeach.
                Republicans will only then move to impeeach, if the 2018 elections esult in huge losses for the GOP ...
                till then the will give in to the illusion (created b the die hard Trump fans) that everything is OK
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

As it stands right now Trump keeps winning.

Comment

As it stands right now, all the "fake news" media leaks you've been whining about have been absolutely accurate.

No one thought today's public hearing was going to change anything. The important stuff will happen in closed session of the Senate (and presumably House) hearings, and in the ongoing FBI investigations.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

With Watergate, once a special prosecutor was appointed, things moved along fairly quickly. Former FBI Director Robert Mueller was appointed 3 weeks ago... I suspect Trump will be gone before Christmas.
                      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Only if he has provably committed high crimes and misdemeanors.
                        Maybe not the smartest, but Trump is very cagey (like his "I hope you can" phrasing with Comey).
                        Dude's a survivor. I would not put money on an early departure.
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

As it stands right now, all the "fake news" media leaks you've been whining about have been absolutely accurate.

No one thought today's public hearing was going to change anything. The important stuff will happen in closed session of the Senate (and presumably House) hearings, and in the ongoing FBI investigations.

Comment

Not only did Comey admit to felony leaking, but he lied under oath about his leak, saying he did so in response to the President's tweet. The tweet came after the leak.

Comment

Ah, so you believe Trump's lawyer rather than the facts. What a shock.

Kasowitz (Trump's lawyer) made inaccurate claims about the timing of when Comey shared the memo and when the content of the memo was published in The New York Times. In Kasowitz's incorrect version, he said the information was published before Comey shared the memo, and therefore it appeared to be "entirely retaliatory."

In reality, Comey shared the memo with his friend days after Trump tweeted suggesting there may be tapes of their conversations, and the day after he shared the information, it was referenced by The New York Times.
                              So STFU on that.

Oh, and you're also laboring under the incorrect assumption that leaking information is illegal. It's not. Here's a compendium of 3rd-party views of the legality of the Comey leak:

Two exceptions:
                              -classified information. Comey's memo was NOT classified, and therefore not illegal. As he testified, he wrote it without classified information for that specific reason.
                              -executive privilege. Doesn't apply here. You can't invoke executive privilege in retrospect, and you can't use it to cover up alleged misconduct (see United State v. Nixon).

So get out of the echo chamber and read what actual legal experts are saying, pretty much unanimously.

Comment

Ah, so you believe Trump's lawyer rather than the facts. What a shock.

So STFU on that.

Oh, and you're also laboring under the incorrect assumption that leaking information is illegal. It's not. Here's a compendium of 3rd-party views of the legality of the Comey leak:

Two exceptions:
                                -classified information. Comey's memo was NOT classified, and therefore not illegal. As he testified, he wrote it without classified information for that specific reason.
                                -executive privilege. Doesn't apply here. You can't invoke executive privilege in retrospect, and you can't use it to cover up alleged misconduct (see United State v. Nixon).

So get out of the echo chamber and read what actual legal experts are saying, pretty much unanimously.
                                You've admitted to living in an echo chamber, MSM, which has admitted to being fake news. And Comey admitted that they are fake news too, and a serious problem, because they mislead willful idiots like you. But you accuse me of living in an echo chamber because I don't believe your fake news.

Look, only a total idiot would agree with Comey leaking information about a confidential conversation with his superior in an attempt to keep a witch hunt going against him when he knows and even admitted that he's totally innocent. He's a total partisan hack. He proved that Trump did a great thing by firing him.

Comment

Working...
                                X