Fake News Reporting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

Please provide a fake news link to prove that he is opposed to firebreaks.
    I guess he doesn't even know what firebreaks are ... too uneducated
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Tell Fireman Armstrong that leaves aren't a problem.
      East coast vs west coast. Are you really so ignorant as to not know the difference especially in southern California? Tree density is far lower here (as there is less rain) and the few places which do have dense trees tend to be on mountains where conifer trees and not deciduous trees dominate. The only areas with large densities of deciduous trees around here tend to be raparian woodlands and that is not where mega fires like the Malibu fire originate or even mostly burn. Hillsides covered is sagebrush and chaparral are what those fires burn (basically nondeciduous woody shrubs which grow so thick deer cannot move through them much less your fat butt with a rake).

Sagebrush and chaparral typically grows between five and 15 feet high and they intergrow creating dense nearly impenetrable stands which can go on for acre, after acre, after acre. Kind of like a seemingly endless hedge.
      Last edited by Dinner; November 20, 2018, 02:36.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• You will often see whole hillsides covered in it for miles and miles and miles. It is the native vegetation on these dry hillsides and evolved to reproduce mostly after fire. Many species won't even release their seeds without fire. The wetter hillsides becomes "California scattered oak woodlands" where individual oak trees are scattered in a low density distribution with grasslands covering the ground in between massive oak trees. Valley floors near creeks and rivers can get the types of trees and accumulated leaf fall but only ignorant people who do not know what they are talking about think fires burn down hill instead of uphill.

Comment

• Fires will burn in the oak woodlands but it tends to burn the grass and not kill the 500 year old oak trees. The oak trees will frequently have fire blackened bark of the oaks (thus the name black oaks) but that kills saplings not mature trees in most cases.

Comment

• Raparian woodlands are found only in narrow bands on valley floors usually next to streams or rivers as well as on the shores of lakes. They are dominated by walnut trees, oak trees, sycamore trees (truthfully often THE dominant species), willow, and mule fat trees. Outside the immediate raparian zone but still on valley floors tend to be native grasslands. The understory of the raparian zones are truly species diverse with herbs and fruiting plants being extremely common. The grasslands are where you find the most native flowers.

Now invasive species such as Australian Eucalyptus trees and god knows what else do break these rules as they evolved in different environments but I am talking about the native vegetation here.

Comment

• The central coast has some great oak woodlands. The dominant species is coastal red oak which is the wood you are supposed to use to make California's iconic Santa Maria style BBQ.

It is usually tri tip, beef ribs (though pork is also popular), pink pinquito beans (only grown in Santa Barbara County), garlic bread toasted on the grill so it soaks up meat juices, and some type of salad (I prefer ceasar). Often with fresh salsa on the side. Classic 19th century old California cowboy cuisine.

Comment

• For people interested in reality instead of Kid's babbling. Drought and temperature anomalies (I.E. climate change) are the real drivers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                  https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...cid=spartandhp

For people interested in reality instead of Kid's babbling. Drought and temperature anomalies (I.E. climate change) are the real drivers.
                  You knew there was a drought, and the fire was coming. The real driver is incompetence.
                  I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                  - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                    This is your worst thread to date
                    Dead but not forgotten.

Comment

East coast vs west coast. Are you really so ignorant as to not know the difference especially in southern California? Tree density is far lower here (as there is less rain) and the few places which do have dense trees tend to be on mountains where conifer trees and not deciduous trees dominate. The only areas with large densities of deciduous trees around here tend to be raparian woodlands and that is not where mega fires like the Malibu fire originate or even mostly burn. Hillsides covered is sagebrush and chaparral are what those fires burn (basically nondeciduous woody shrubs which grow so thick deer cannot move through them much less your fat butt with a rake).

Sagebrush and chaparral typically grows between five and 15 feet high and they intergrow creating dense nearly impenetrable stands which can go on for acre, after acre, after acre. Kind of like a seemingly endless hedge.
                      The forest gets dense because you don't manage it. It's not as dense as you claim either. I'm from CA. I've hiked many miles there through the forests. It's denser on in the East.

Comment

You knew there was a drought, and the fire was coming. The real driver is incompetence.
                        What part of climate change do you not understand? Did you see the heat index map? Do you realize it takes time to dramatic increase firefighting abilities and adapt towns to the new reality our wasteful polluting ways have created? Hell, the map even shows how Finland is less affected than the rest of Scandinavia thus why there have been out of control fires in both Norway and Sweden but not in Finland and northwestern Russia. Just look at the map and bother to read, man.

Comment

The forest gets dense because you don't manage it. It's not as dense as you claim either. I'm from CA. I've hiked many miles there through the forests. It's denser on in the East.
                          You are an ignorant man who knows nothing. Yes, the forests are managed very well with regular back fires, logging, and fire roads cut. It is planned decades in advance based upon the best scientific data but the "normal" is now shifting rapidly due to man caused climate change. What is your major malfunction? Why are you so retarded?

Comment

You are an ignorant man who knows nothing. Yes, the forests are managed very well with regular back fires, logging, and fire roads cut. It is planned decades in advance based upon the best scientific data but the "normal" is now shifting rapidly due to man caused climate change. What is your major malfunction? Why are you so retarded?
                            You knew about the drought. You did not react properly. And now you are blaming me?! I moved out of your ****ed up state.

Comment

What part of climate change do you not understand? Did you see the heat index map? Do you realize it takes time to dramatic increase firefighting abilities and adapt towns to the new reality our wasteful polluting ways have created? Hell, the map even shows how Finland is less affected than the rest of Scandinavia thus why there have been out of control fires in both Norway and Sweden but not in Finland and northwestern Russia. Just look at the map and bother to read, man.
                              The climate is ALWAYS changing. Not an excuse.

Comment

The climate is ALWAYS changing. Not an excuse.
                                The climate is changing at a rapid rate during the last 2 decades ... thanks to human impact.
                                But of course, if you are like Trump, we could present you as mnany scientific studies about climate change as we want and you wouldn't believe it
                                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Working...
                                X