Fake News Reporting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    Now they are reporting that a girl died.
    You mean the refugee girl that died from malnourishment after several days in DHS custody, in which she obviously didn't receive medicines for her illness and also wasn't properly fed?

Well, I guess it is totally O.K. in your book ... after all she wasn't an american and it is one less refugee to take care of now
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• pchang
      pchang commented
      Editing a comment
      Based on the thread title, I think Kidnis claiming that her death is Fake News. Clearly, the girl was already dead when she was taken into custody.

• Dinner
      Dinner commented
      Editing a comment
      This actually was fake news. She died from sepsis infection she got from a cut days before.

• Proteus_MST
      Proteus_MST commented
      Editing a comment
      Aye ... I already wrote a correction, a few postings below this one.

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

You mean the refugee girl that died from malnourishment after several days in DHS custody, in which she obviously didn't receive medicines for her illness and also wasn't properly fed?

Well, I guess it is totally O.K. in your book ... after all she wasn't an american and it is one less refugee to take care of now
    Are you that ****ing stupid? You believe that a girl died in US custody from malnutrition? Do you know how long you have to suffer from malnutrition to die?
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Seven-Year-Old Guatemalan Girl Died Of Sepsis, Not Dehydration, DHS Says

GUILLERMO ARIAS / Contributor / Getty ImagesByJOSEPH CURL
      @JOSEPHCURL
      December 18, 2018
      The seven-year-old Guatemalan girl who died after trekking hundreds of miles with her father before illegally entering the U.S. likely suffered from septic shock, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) said.

Jakelin Caal Maquin died December 8 in a hospital in El Paso, Texas, after being brought there by helicopter. She and her father, Nery Gilberto Caal Cuz, were apprehended by U.S. Custom and Border Patrol (CBP) agents along with 161 others on December 6. When she began vomiting hours later, she was airlifted to the hospital, where she died.

Comment

• Funny how Dumb Fricker Dinner believes all the conspiracy theories his fake news comes up with ...

except when they lie about little brown girls dieing?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...s-said-n948666

Comment

• True, the initial reports were rather dehydration and not malnourishment, so I expressed myself incorrectly.
          And the initial reports, tht she was days in DHS custody before dying also have turned up to be incorrect ... it was just 12 hours (of which roughly half were in hospital)

Obviously also Vox now has the full story:
          Seems like the girl and her father spent a few hours in a reception camp and the father answered that they both were healthy and received enough food and water during the journey (although one has to add that spanish, which the translators used, wasn't his first language)
          After 5-6 hours of waiting they were supposed to board a bus for a 90 minute ride to the next border patrol station. Shortly before boarding the girl vomited and her father said she was unwell ... nevertheless the agents thought the best option would be to have her do the bus ride first and get her treatment at the border patrol station.
          During the bus ride she already stopped breathing but was revived ... and then, after arrival at the border patrol station, she was flown to hospital where, another couple of hours later, she died

https://www.vox.com/2018/12/18/18144...-border-patrol

So, it seems like the only thing questionable is the decision of the border patrol agents to let her do the bus ride (didn't they have medics at the reception camp?) and that they had translators for spanish, but not translators for the guatemalan dialect that was the firt language of her father (O.K., the latter is understandable ... you cannot have translators for every local dialect the migrants/refugees may speak) ... but aside from those minor points you absolutely cannot blame DHS.
          They surely seem to have done everything possible (with the manpower and funding they have at hand) to help the girl
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• That's fine. But the point really is that a huge deal was made about this, and even if they did something wrong, sadly little girls die every day because some stupid person made a bad decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
              That's fine. But the point really is that a huge deal was made about this, and even if they did something wrong, sadly little girls die every day because some stupid person made a bad decision.
              Nevertheless the real media (like Vox) correct their stories whenm they turn out wrong ... fake news media (like Breitbart & Co, or the White House/Huckabee/Trump) usually don't

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

Nevertheless the real media (like Vox) correct their stories whenm they turn out wrong ... fake news media (like Breitbart & Co, or the White House/Huckabee/Trump) usually don't
                I don't think Vox usually corrects anything, but they aren't as bad as CNN, who is probably reporting that Trump told people that the girl deserved to die.

Comment

• Malcolm Nance: Russia Ran a Disinformation Campaign For Years So U.S. Would "Welcome An Invasion" Under Trump

Posted By Ian Schwartz
                  On Date December 18, 2018
                  MSNBC national security analyst Malcolm Nance offered a conspiracy theory of a decades old information warfare campaign against the U.S. by the Russian Federation on the Monday night edition of MSNBC's The 11th Hour with host Brian Williams.

UPDATE: Nance responds to Tucker Carlson in a tweet: "Seems @TuckerCarlson has never heard of the #TrumpRussia Scandal or Russian disinformation warfare/hybrid warfare strategy. Someone send him the NATO Manual on Russian infowar or Senate & Oxford study links! Please help him find some facts! He’s drowning in stupid y’all!"

Nance said for 20 years the Russian have been running a disinformation campaign against the U.S. so we would "welcome" an invasion. Nance said for Trump it started at least in 2011 and that the Russians targeted Mueller and black voters in an effort to aid Trump.

"What Russia has done here and where the true brilliance of this intelligence operation comes from is way back in the early 2000s the Russian military conducted a strategic study and started carrying out a disinformation plan in which they said that instead of carrying out kinetic warfare against your enemies, the best thing we can do is create a disinformation and frame around that nation to the point where over time as we are constantly tearing them apart and feeding them with false information, they would actually welcome an invasion. So Russia has done that to the United States," Nance claimed.

Nance said "memes and tropes" used in the 2016 U.S. presidential campaign were the equivalent of "cruise missiles."

"It began way before 2016," the theorist said. "As a matter of fact, the earliest references I have with relation to Donald Trump shows that it started back in 2011 with Maria Butina and the NRA contacts, contacts with the fundamentalist Christian right and the alt-right in the United States. Russia was pushing these disinformation themes then."

"Then in 2013, they stood up the Russian Federation Internet Research Agency which built all of these memes and tropes which became the cruise missiles of fake news and disinformation designed to do what it did today, take one-third of the United States population and make them refuse to believe what they see before their very eyes and may have elected a president in the process," he said.

Nance said with American assistance the Russian campaign helped "suppress" the black vote and there is no doubt in his mind or those in the intelligence community that this is the truth.

"This is how effective this information warfare campaign has been carried out," Nance said. "And let me tell you, this report shows how they went after to suppress the African-American vote and there`s no doubt in my mind or anybody else`s in the intelligence community that doesn`t believe that it took American citizens to assist them in really getting down to where these voters were who needed to be suppressed and they did it in such a fashion, one of their Twitter groups had 366,000 followers on it."

Brian Williams was stunned and concluded the segment by telling viewers this "needs to be said" and "needs to be heard."

"Wow," Williams said. "Malcolm Nance, this is why we ask you all the time to come on this broadcast. Scary stuff, but it needs to be said. Needs to be heard. Thank you, sir, so much for joining us once again."
                  That's a fricken masterpiece. Brian Williams (MSLSD) was very impressed.

Comment

• New form of criminal activity detected among black people:

Cashing in your paycheck while being black

Paul McCowns’s story of “banking while black” is the latest instance of 911 being called on people of color for no reason.

Comment

• Trump always has the best words

Here a link to a video with his best words 2018:

Comment

• … but which Kardashian will be the next Secretary of Defense?
                        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Kim. She has the broadest backside and thus, would provide the best defense.
                          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Trump has just said, "It's up to the Democrats. It will be a Democrat shutdown...."
                            Good thing he didn't have a 17 minute televised meeting a few days ago with Pelosi and Schumer, where he used the word "wall" 43 times, and said "I will shut down the government... not blame the Democrats..."
                            Even Trump doesn't listen to Trump.
                            There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Trump doing what he can do best:

Comment

Working...
                              X