Fake News Reporting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    Why would the NYTs knowingly hire a racist that believes in the extinction of the white race? And worse, the public knows that they hired her. Besides the problem of their paper being racist it doesn't matter which race you are racist against. The problem is that there is something wrong with you mentally if you are a racist. Like being racist against white people isn't anymore sane than being racist against black people.
    Oh kid... making things up once again. White people complaining about someone being racist against them... oh god... have you ****ing seen yourselves the last century or two in this country? Cry me a river. She wasn't advocating the "extinction of the white race". Where is your pointy hat?
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnT View Post
      Well, you gotta admit that whitey taking over the world using guns, germs, and steel from 1500-now would piss a lot of non-white people off.
      Just don't believe their fake news. Otherwise I don't really give a damn.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• -Jrabbit
        -Jrabbit commented
        Editing a comment
        Reportedly.

• I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
      Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
      Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Aeson
        Aeson commented
        Editing a comment
        This is the type of hard hitting investigative journalism we've been missing for so long ... now it all makes sense!

Just don't believe their fake news. Otherwise I don't really give a damn.
      But you do give a damn. You started this thread, old man, and kept it going for 3,000 posts. Arguing that you don't give a damn is either an admission of trolling, or a lie.

Which is it?

Comment

• He thinks it's clever trolling. Everyone else thinks he's just making an ass of himself.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

But you do give a damn. You started this thread, old man, and kept it going for 3,000 posts. Arguing that you don't give a damn is either an admission of trolling, or a lie.

Which is it?
          3,000 posts is a long time ago. I had no idea that it would go this long.

Comment

• Here's what I don't get...

Looking through Kids posts, he had cites to Breitbart, The Federalist, some bloggers, etc.

But if you read those cites, you will see that they rely on mainstream news reports or interpretive assessments of mainstream news, such as CNN, the NYT, WaPo, etc. Or they depend on the validity of the very government offices which they claim are lying (I have this one very long blog post in mind where the guy says the FBI is lying based his belief in the FBI's credibility in supplying *him* with information and then correlating that to FBI rules and procedures.)

So the cites Kid is using are, in the end, based on the very same "Fake News" sources he is decrying in this thread.

My question: Kid, did you not see this? How can you not? And if you did see it, did you think we were so stupid we wouldn't?

Cites:

Here is a Federalist article Kid posted which uses as its base information from WaPo: http://thefederalist.com/2018/05/15/...veiling-trump/

RealClearPolitics citing James Comey: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...a_warrant.html

Circa relying on the FBI to show the FBI is lying about McCabe: https://www.circa.com/story/2017/06/...-investigation

And on and on and on.
            Last edited by JohnT; August 6, 2018, 21:01.

Comment

• Welcome to The World According to Kidicious.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Here's what I don't get...

Looking through Kids posts, he had cites to Breitbart, The Federalist, some bloggers, etc.

But if you read those cites, you will see that they rely on mainstream news reports or interpretive assessments of mainstream news, such as CNN, the NYT, WaPo, etc. Or they depend on the validity of the very government offices which they claim are lying (I have this one very long blog post in mind where the guy says the FBI is lying based his belief in the FBI's credibility in supplying *him* with information and then correlating that to FBI rules and procedures.)

So the cites Kid is using are, in the end, based on the very same "Fake News" sources he is decrying in this thread.

My question: Kid, did you not see this? How can you not? And if you did see it, did you think we were so stupid we wouldn't?
                No. The NYT and WaPo is reporting on all of this and we are getting true news from their reports, because people are leaking to them. But it's also fake news.

Comment

• Don't think too hard on it, if you were to figure it out, your head would explode, or implode, or possibly implode then explode.
                  I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                  Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                  Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Take the original Buzzfeed article on the dossier. It's true news, but it's fake. Buzzfeed even discredited the dossier, but they knew that they could start a bunch of speculation about it and create a frenzy.

Comment

Zew
                      No. The NYT and WaPo is reporting on all of this and we are getting true news from their reports, because people are leaking to them. But it's also fake news.
                      So, from this two conclusions may be drawn:

1. You're a troll, a person driven by anger or driven by a need to make other people angry (or, at its most innocuous form, a need to make people notice you). This is indicative of a mental health disorder manifested by problems in your personality.

or...

2. You actually think the above made sense, that WaPo (for example) reports truth and lies in the same sentence. At best, you are claiming that they are honestly (and repeatedly) reporting a lie fed to them. At worst, you are claiming... something. For 3,000 posts. This, too, is indicative of a mental health disorder, but one manifested by problems in your cognitive ability.

Either way, nobody is doing you a favor by responding to you. In fact, the opposite: our opposition reinforces this instability, making it more difficult for you to regain mental health.

So, I'm out. I am glad to argue these topics, but I cannot in good conscience do so when it is very, very likely I am harming someone disabled and, in fact, helping to perpetuate, if not worsen, that disability.

Ciao.

Comment

So, from this two conclusions may be drawn:

1. You're a troll, a person driven by anger or driven by a need to make other people angry (or, at its most innocuous form, a need to make people notice you). This is indicative of a mental health disorder manifested by problems in your personality.

or...

2. You actually think the above made sense, that WaPo (for example) reports truth and lies in the same sentence. At best, you are claiming that they are honestly (and repeatedly) reporting a lie fed to them. At worst, you are claiming... something. For 3,000 posts. This, too, is indicative of a mental health disorder, but one manifested by problems in your cognitive ability.

Either way, nobody is doing you a favor by responding to you. In fact, the opposite: our opposition reinforces this instability, making it more difficult for you to regain mental health.

So, I'm out. I am glad to argue these topics, but I cannot in good conscience do so when it is very, very likely I am harming someone disabled and, in fact, helping to perpetuate, if not worsen, that disability.

Ciao.
                        No. It's 3. You don't understand that liars like to tell the truth. Part of the reason is they can call you crazy for calling them a liar, just like you just called me a liar.

Comment

No. It's 3. You don't understand that liars like to tell the truth. Part of the reason is they can call you crazy for calling them a liar, just like you just called me a liar.
                          you are either disabled and need genuine help, or you're a lying psycho. You are delusional.
                          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Working...
                          X