Farwell Obama: The Legacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farwell Obama: The Legacy

Over the years, I have been vocal about many of the things I disagreed with Obama on. That being said, he is handling his exit like a true statesman...a real rarity these days among politicians. As he leaves, I am left with a sense that he truly does believe in America and that he has done his best to move his beliefs forward. Litlle more can we ask of a President. I still don't agree with many of his policies, but the country certainly isn't the disaster that so many predicted 8 years ago. In many ways he HAS left the country in a better position. Farwell Mr. President...Thank you for your service.
    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Depends on what you mean by "believes in America." He doesn't believe in the Constitution or the principles which this country was founded on. He has showed intolerance towards the working class of this country and a real unwillingness to even acknowledge them as equal citizens. He repeatedly has said that our police are racist. He has made our enemies stronger and pissed Israel off. He's the first president in our history to praise a leftist thug murdering dictator like Castro. And he's the first president to treat Israel as a force for evil in the world.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

He was the closest to what a european left wingers would have been.
      We laughed with some friends how he probably thought of his voters and the american people in general as primitives, and some portions of them certaintly were compared to him.
      Having said that he was very well liked here, notheless because of his stance towards the crisis. Constructive and dare I say, protective.

Comment

I guess "praising" Castro (if you can call it that) isn't that different from the presidents who have praised right wing murdering thug dictators.

Comment

I really don't think saying something nice about a person just died is quite the same as praising them. The former is must good manners.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well the marshall plan was divised not because america thought europe was the golden statue of virtue that needs to be helped but because there were enormously good chances that most of it would end up turning communist and then the US would have to face BOTH a communist USSR and a communist europe.

There is always a reason for what states do what they do.
            Europe remains communist but with a pink flavor.

Castro was an idea. He certaintly had aspects of a dictator but he was basically practising the good old french mantra "what freedom is there in poverty"?

He took an island of a mere 10 million people out of the clutches of the american mafia and given health education and civic militia to the people. Having a quality of life that superceded most of latin american. And, in some respects, he was a dictator.

It can be both

Comment

That's ridiculous ran. No one expects people to say nice things about murdering dictators after they die.

Comment

That's ridiculous ran. No one expects people to say nice things about murdering dictators after they die.

Comment

Is this our first DP on the new software?
                  "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                    Who here hasn't been to the funeral of an asshat. Did the people speaking call him an asshat? No, they'd say nice things about him to comfort the widow.
                    While no one there believed any of the crap. It's the civilized way. To abuse a man for saying something nice about a recently deceased man is just silly. But I guess I should be considering the source.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

You should note your name change to "ran" in the name change log as well.

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post

Who here hasn't been to the funeral of an asshat. Did the people speaking call him an asshat? No, they'd say nice things about him to comfort the widow.
                        While no one there believed any of the crap. It's the civilized way. To abuse a man for saying something nice about a recently deceased man is just silly. But I guess I should be considering the source.
                        I'm not surprised that you are ridiculous

Comment

You should note your name change to "ran" in the name change log as well.
                          I noticed that too, but for him that's the least of his mistakes so I just basically ignored it.
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

I'm not surprised that you are ridiculous
                            It doesn't surprise me that you'd be that asshat that would walk up to the grieving widow at a funeral and tell her that her husband was a jerk.
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post

It doesn't surprise me that you'd be that asshat that would walk up to the grieving widow at a funeral and tell her that her husband was a jerk.
                              You're a jerk

Comment

Working...
                              X