No announcement yet.

Farwell Obama: The Legacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What taxes increased on the working class? And the US became the only superpower. We were the strongest ever.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Braindead View Post

I doubt Reagan will have an honoured place in the pantheon of US presidents.

It is possible history may come to judge him as the worst president the USA has had since independence.

It was during his time that tax policies and the regulatory environment fundamentally shifted from labour to the wealthy.

Taxes for the wealthy have decreased significantly and taxes on labour have gone up.

Trade unions and labour rights have weakened. Wages have drifted downwards. Regulations have changed to suit business rather than labour and consumers.

The USA does not have the strength it once had. It is a ***** mess. (And australia followed suit).

History will look to Reagan and Thatcher as the root cause of this move.
      I remember well 1979 before Reagan took over. The country had lost belief in itself. If nothing else, Reagan made people believe again. For that alone, he will always be a great President.
      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

He never achieved much of what I'd have liked, and it became apparent he never intended to as his own positions were far more centrist and corporatist than mine. Despite that he's a damn good man and I think America will soon start to understand how much dignity and grace is leaving the White House to be replaced by boorishness and crudity.
        Last edited by kentonio; January 13, 2017, 08:37.

Comment

Another executive order, taking away the rights of Cuban migrants. Does anyone know wtf he is doing? This is just blatantly helping a communist dictatorship and harming the Cuban people.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
            Another executive order, taking away the rights of Cuban migrants. Does anyone know wtf he is doing? This is just blatantly helping a communist dictatorship and harming the Cuban people.
            Yeah, they were obviously much better off under the regime of American corporatism and the mafia.

Comment

Do we have equivalent policies for immigrants from other dictatorships?

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post

Yeah, they were obviously much better off under the regime of American corporatism and the mafia.
                Well...this is pretty much ancient history now. The issues today deal with how Cuba is today.

That being said...All this does is bring Cuban immigrants in line with all other immigrants. This is, obviously, beneficial to the Cuban regime however as it does give them more control over their people. Something like this should have come with some type of concession on their part rather than just a unilateral move. But, who knows? There may be some backroom deal here we don't know about. Timing is very interesting though....
                "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO View Post

Well...this is pretty much ancient history now. The issues today deal with how Cuba is today.

That being said...All this does is bring Cuban immigrants in line with all other immigrants. This is, obviously, beneficial to the Cuban regime however as it does give them more control over their people. Something like this should have come with some type of concession on their part rather than just a unilateral move. But, who knows? There may be some backroom deal here we don't know about. Timing is very interesting though....
                  It's hardly like it matters, the GOP have control of both houses again, they'll just pass some legislation that makes Cuba a US public enemy once more.

Comment

This does seem more like a move to make them less a public enemy.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post

It's hardly like it matters, the GOP have control of both houses again, they'll just pass some legislation that makes Cuba a US public enemy once more.
                      Who knows? there may be some financial considerations that could Trump their ideas

Comment

Cuba is our enemy because they are communist. You might want to study communism.

Comment

Communism exists in Cuba because of Unbridled Corruption. Corruption is our enemy too. You might want to study Corruption (Might want to add a little organized crime in there as well).

Comment

That really doesn't make any sense. Corrupt nation states are not our enemy.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                              That really doesn't make any sense. Corrupt nation states are not our enemy.
                              Bull they aren't. The point is, if you are really interested in wanting to "study communism" is to look at why communism came to rise in most countries. In every case that I can think of, Coruption played a major role. Corruption leads to inequality, elitism, and poverty. Those are the fertile ground from which Communist states have arisen. If that isn't one of our enemies, then I am not sure how you would define "enemy"

Comment

It doesn't work like that. They aren't our enemies until they become communist.
                                Last edited by Kidlicious; January 14, 2017, 02:25.

Comment

Working...
                                X