The last ten days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post

Well its not my party, because I'm not American. It's hard to argue though that having several million more votes than your opponent probably gives you a pretty good case to argue you're not in the minority.
    The US isn't a democracy, so the Republicans get full control of the government with a minority of the votes.

Comment

• Originally posted by giblets View Post

The US isn't a democracy, so the Republicans get full control of the government with a minority of the votes.
      Yes I know. As does Elizabeth Warren who stated quite clearly that they have a minority in both houses.

Comment

• Yes, they may not be in the minority but they are still the minority party by definition.

But it is still silly to keep bringing up a fact that really doesn't matter in terms of administrative power.

But no more silly than trump claiming that he didn't really lose the popular vote.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• To be honest I'm not sure why we're arguing about something that Warren probably only said as a throwaway comment. I feel like we're being sucked into the Kidverse.

Comment

• Yep, but it can be hard to just ignore all the crap he spews, but I'll like those last two posts and you too can have a full rack.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• It seems too easy to get a full rack, maybe the size of the racks should be increased?

Comment

• Yes, most racks are improved with size. 10 likes does seem a bit minimalist to earn a full rack.
                But on the bright side, it should be easy for everyone to attain, and then it will be forgotten.

RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Kentonio and Elizabeth Warren don't know how our govt works.
                  I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                  - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by BeBro View Post
                    ACTIVIST JUDGES DESERVE NO LESS THAN ALLCAPS TWEETS FROM T-MAN!!!
                    Activist judges deprive people of justice on a daily basis. They are a serious problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                      Kentonio and Elizabeth Warren don't know how our govt works.
                      Who definitely doesn't seem to know how your government works is Donald Trump ...
                      that becomes clearer and clearer with every Twitter message he posts

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Then it's good that he's delegating the actual working and limiting himself to tweets.
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• It's also good because he knows that "so-called judges" deserve no respect. Make a good decision based on the law. Then you get respect.

Comment

• If you ever end up in court I hope you make your contempt for judges clear

Comment

• Btw. interesting regarding the probable effectiveness of Trumps muslim ban towards stopping terrorism:

http://www.vox.com/world/2017/1/27/1...ca-islam-trump

After 9/11 more people have died from right wing extremism than by islamist terrorism.
                              Also muslim immigrants (i.e. those born muslim but not born in the USA) are largely underrepresented with regards to commiting terrorist acts (less than 1/4 of all terrorsts acts were done by immigrants)
                              A much larger danger are converts, as those are overrepresented (compared to their demographic occurence) with regards to commiting terrorist acts.

Nevertheless, compared to the muslim american population, the number of islamist terrorists is tiny and also, less than 1/4 of those muslims actually commiting terrorist acts had a family background originating from one of the 7 countries that should be affected by Trumps muslim ban.

So, when will Trump take steps to protect american citizens against right wing extremism?
                              (guess the answer is never, considering that, with Bannon, he put someone with right wing ties into a major governmental position )
                              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
                                Btw. interesting regarding the probable effectiveness of Trumps muslim ban towards stopping terrorism:

http://www.vox.com/world/2017/1/27/1...ca-islam-trump

After 9/11 more people have died from right wing extremism than by islamist terrorism.
                                Also muslim immigrants (i.e. those born muslim but not born in the USA) are largely underrepresented with regards to commiting terrorist acts (less than 1/4 of all terrorsts acts were done by immigrants)
                                A much larger danger are converts, as those are overrepresented (compared to their demographic occurence) with regards to commiting terrorist acts.

Nevertheless, compared to the muslim american population, the number of islamist terrorists is tiny and also, less than 1/4 of those muslims actually commiting terrorist acts had a family background originating from one of the 7 countries that should be affected by Trumps muslim ban.

So, when will Trump take steps to protect american citizens against right wing extremism?
                                (guess the answer is never, considering that, with Bannon, he put someone with right wing ties into a major governmental position )
                                First of all, not a Muslim ban. It's a temporary ban on certain muslims that may pose a threat to this country. And I will keep repeating that, just as you seem resolved in continuing to repeat your lie.

Second, why do you think it's ok to exclude 9-11? That's just ridiculous. I don't understand the point of this kind of stuff.

Third, there is absolutely zero right wing extremists immigrating to the US. So again, you have no point.

Comment

Working...
                                X