No announcement yet.

The last ten days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump dosn't read the executie orders he signs? Or does he read them but doesn't understand them?

Mr. Priebus bristles at the perception that he occupies a diminished perch in the West Wing pecking order compared with previous chiefs. But for the moment, Mr. Bannon remains the president’s dominant adviser, despite Mr. Trump’s anger that he was not fully briefed on details of the executive order he signed giving his chief strategist a seat on the National Security Council, a greater source of frustration to the president than the fallout from the travel ban.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/05/u...tegy.html?_r=0

Trump more and more reminds me of President Zaphod Beeblebrox in Douglad Adams Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy:
    The President in particular is very much a figurehead-he wields no real power whatsoever. He is apparently chosen by the government, but the qualities he is required to display are not those of leadership but those of finely judged outrage. For this reason the President is always a controversial choice, always an infuriating but fascinating character. His job is not to wield power but to draw attention away from it. On those criteria Zaphod Beeblebrox is one of the most successful Presidents the Galaxy has ever had-he has already spent two of his ten Presidential years in prison for fraud. Very very few people realize that the President and the Government have virtually no power at all, and of these very few people only six know whence ultimate political power is wielded. Most of the others secretly believe that the ultimate decision-making process is handled by a computer. They couldn’t be more wrong.
    Unfortunately in contrast to the universe in HHGTTG in case of the USA in our reality there seems to be no wise reclusive hermit who secretly draws the strings regarding governing the universe / USA
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Trump can't read, so why would he read the **** he signs?

Comment

• I wonder what aspect(s) of the EO he's not pleased with ... was it giving Bannon too much power ... or not enough?

Comment

• Bannon was supposed to get a licence to kill... M lied to Trump.
          There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• You can, as was proven by Bush jr. in 2003 ...
              you just need a strong military, an adequate amount of deception (towards your own citizens and othr nations) and a lack of scruples for it
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• I expect him to walk back his Putin statements, otherwise...
                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?

Comment

• When has Trump ever walked back anything?

Comment

• He said he wasn't going to have Hillary put in prison.

Comment

• Well, it's not like he could get her convicted of anything even if he wanted.

Comment

• I wonder if he was talking about the people Hillary had killed.

Comment

• He's talking about all the children he has personally killed to bathe in their virgin blood... hence the orange skin.
                          There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• WTF???
                            It seems the republicans are really scraping the barrel in the senate hearings.
                            First you have Pence using his double vote to get Dumpfs nomination for secretary of education through (very seldom used) and now Elizabeth Warren is silenced under ‘Rule XIX’ ?
                            Authoritarian much ?

"Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

• Originally posted by dannubis View Post
                              WTF???
                              It seems the republicans are really scraping the barrel in the senate hearings.
                              First you have Pence using his double vote to get Dumpfs nomination for secretary of education through (very seldom used) and now Elizabeth Warren is silenced under ‘Rule XIX’ ?
                              Authoritarian much ?
                              If you don't want to be shut up you should shake people's hand like an adult. You're supposed to represent the American people, not just liberal extremists.

Comment

• Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."

Comment

Working...
                                X