The last ten days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
    Maybe that has more to do with the genesis (the birth-giving cause) of the phobia.
    The irrationality of it is indeed measured by the overexaggeration of responce
    In essence there is a disproportionality
    Indeed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

And yet you don't call people who don't want Catholics to have political power bigots?
      I'd call them idiots.
      It doesn't matter (to me) whether the person who runs for president (or gets chosen as chancellor in germany) is catholic, protestant, pastafarian, atheist, muslim or something else, as long as he stands up for the values of a pluralistic secular society.

And, regarding muslims, to cite a positive example of muslims in the german parliament:
      In 2015 the german parliament decided to comdemn the Armenian massacre (commited by the Ottoman empire) as a genocide.
      Among those MPs voting for the condemnaton were 11 muslims of turkish descent.

Erdogan was angry and was especially furious at the 11 MPs of turkish descent, demanding that they should have their blood tested in order to ascertain whether there is still turkish blood running through their veins.
      But they stayed adamant and declared that their loyality belongs to the country they were born and raised in (i.e.germany) and that they aren't his (Erdogans) puppets
      http://www.businessinsider.com/r-ger...rs-2016-6?IR=T

I can assure you that I prefer to have muslims like those 11 MPs in germany, than Neonazis who adhere to the christian faith.
      Those 11 MPs of turkish descent are far better assets to the german society than those people with german descent who constantly cry "Deutschland den Deutschen" (Germany to the germans)
      Last edited by Proteus_MST; February 6, 2017, 07:44. Reason: One parliament was missing and I also had to give Erdogan an r
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
        sharia means the way to implement the koran in civic matters.
        that's why there are different implementations in those muslim countries which is actually in place.

It is in place in Greece too in the muslim minority (it was an agreement with turkey) in what regards family law (and yes I don't like it- but it's not for myself to say)
        that's also why there is such a large immigration of greek muslims to germany (they get out of that)
        This really needs to be repeated. There are various different implementations of 'Sharia courts' that in the west can often fit just fine under the existing legal system, and merely provide a 'Muslim friendly' way of interpreting civil disputes. They are completely voluntary and their decisions can always be ignored if the parties choose to turn to the civil courts instead.

Unfortunately a lot of people who don't understand or bother to learn about what is a complex issue just hear 'Sharia' and assume it must involve cutting off limbs and honour killings. It's ignorance basically.

Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post

This really needs to be repeated. There are various different implementations of 'Sharia courts' that in the west can often fit just fine under the existing legal system, and merely provide a 'Muslim friendly' way of interpreting civil disputes. They are completely voluntary and their decisions can always be ignored if the parties choose to turn to the civil courts instead.

Unfortunately a lot of people who don't understand or bother to learn about what is a complex issue just hear 'Sharia' and assume it must involve cutting off limbs and honour killings. It's ignorance basically.
          Indeed. Although there is a partucularity in the greek case. The sharia law for (specifically) the muslim minority in two districts in NE greece derives from the treaty of lausane of 1923 which specified a lot of greek-turkish differences (including present borders, exchanges of populations etc etc).
          the thing with the muslim minority which stayed in greece was that turkey was concered that their way of life might change. so the two sides agreed that on family matters the interpreatation of koran as is done by the local muslim imams will be applied.

for the most part that is working ok.
          however there are instances where there is objections particulalrly when it comes to divorce and especially when it comes to inheritence.
          so a greek muslim woman appealed the decision of the local imams (concering inheritance after her husband died - his family asked for some and the imam said yes- the greek civic law didn't give the family that right) to the greek supreme court.
          However it was bound by the treaty of lausane so it didn't overturn the decision of the local imams.
          the woman appealed to the european court which superceded the greek supreme court and she got vindicated.
          Last edited by Bereta_Eder; February 6, 2017, 07:54.

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

I'd call them idiots.
            It doesn't matter (to me) whether the person who runs for president (or gets chosen as chancellor in germany) is catholic, protestant, pastafarian, atheist, muslim or something else, as long as he stands up for the values of a pluralistic secular society.

And, regarding muslims, to cite a positive example of muslims in the german parliament:
            In 2015 the german parliament decided to comdemn the Armenian massacre (commited by the Ottoman empire) as a genocide.
            Among those MPs voting for the condemnaton were 11 muslims of turkish descent.

Erdogan was angry and was especially furious at the 11 MPs of turkish descent, demanding that they should have their blood tested in order to ascertain whether there is still turkish blood running through their veins.
            But they stayed adamant and declared that their loyality belongs to the country they were born and raised in (i.e.germany) and that they aren't his (Erdogans) puppets
            http://www.businessinsider.com/r-ger...rs-2016-6?IR=T

I can assure you that I prefer to have muslims like those 11 MPs in germany, than Neonazis who adhere to the christian faith.
            Those 11 MPs of turkish descent are far better assets to the german society than those people with german descent who constantly cry "Deutschland den Deutschen" (Germany to the germans)
            You don't get it. You are critical of anyone who doesn't believe in your brand of secularism. I'm critical of Islam. It's exactly the same thing. If I really thought someone who identified as Muslim believed as I do except that I would have no reason to criticize their beliefs. As I said, I am not critical of muslims who oppose Sharia.
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Also it's not abnormal to be suspicious of those who say they believe whatever you do, but they associate and identify with those who are hostile and aggressive to you and your way of life. I don't think you secularists are of right mind when you embrace those who identify with Islam.

Comment

• Newest Twitter Message from the Donald ... any negative polls are fake news

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Newest Twitter Message from the Donald ... any negative polls are fake news

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...74430800539648
                  I don't think you understand how much fake news we get. Right now we are being told that their are security measures in place to protect us from terrorists immigrating here. The truth is that all they have to say is that they are seeking asylum. We are not secure even with green card holders. We are being lied to every day.

Comment

I don't think you understand how much fake news we get. Right now we are being told that their are security measures in place to protect us from terrorists immigrating here. The truth is that all they have to say is that they are seeking asylum. We are not secure even with green card holders. We are being lied to every day.
                    You surely aren't secure in a country where even the most deranged idiot is free to buy firearms.
                    That's IMHO a bigger problem than muslim terrorists

But that is a completely different thing from Trump declaring any poll false ab initio, if it doesn't contain positive results concerning himself and his presidency

Comment

Sharia can not be separated from Islam.
                      BS... FACT, many American (and non American) Muslims have no interest in Sharia...

The only muslims that I have respect for are those who criticize Islam, and you will not find them in a hijab.
                      Do you have a problem with Christians who wear a Crucifix?
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• How about those that wear a condom.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The truth is that all they have to say is that they are seeking asylum.
                          No it isn't, don't be stupid. You're one of the toughest countries on the planet to get into and have been for a long time.

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                          We are not secure even with green card holders. We are being lied to every day.
                          To get a green card someone has already gone through quite serious screening. You are indeed being lied too, but not by the people you appear to think.

Comment

You surely aren't secure in a country where even the most deranged idiot is free to buy firearms.
                            That's IMHO a bigger problem than muslim terrorists

But that is a completely different thing from Trump declaring any poll false ab initio, if it doesn't contain positive results concerning himself and his presidency
                            If they don't like a poll result they don't report it. At this point accusing them is not only acceptable but proper

Comment

If they don't like a poll result they don't report it. At this point accusing them is not only acceptable but proper
                              If they don't report it, how would you know it exists?

Comment

Working...
                              X