The last ten days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

No, it's not at all. You can expect pretty much the samething from every organization in the mainstream. Breitbart is alternative. They are filling a gap and growing fast, but they aren't mainstream.
    They are media. As are thousands of outlets you've probably never read/watched but are making absurd claims about ... even a few minutes on the same network can be enough to disprove your claim that all media is the same. In some you even have blatantly obvious competing agendas going at it in real time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
      that would be Bush, Trump aint a dolt
      Bush wasn't a bad candidate or President elect though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

First of all I know how stupid all this is and you obviously don't. Second you still trust the people who held on to that audio tape until the most opportune time. Finally, you don't seem to understand that people arrived after that picture was taken.
        No they didn't just turn up later. Look at the numbers of people using local transport that day ffs. Stop beign a gullible ******.

Comment

• Originally posted by giblets View Post

Is it possible Trump was the worst major party candidate in US history?
          second worst, it would seem.
          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• Originally posted by C0ckney View Post

second worst, it would seem.

Well played
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post

They are media. As are thousands of outlets you've probably never read/watched but are making absurd claims about ... even a few minutes on the same network can be enough to disprove your claim that all media is the same. In some you even have blatantly obvious competing agendas going at it in real time.
              What is your point anyway? Why can't we treat the media as a monolithic entity?
              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Aeson
                Aeson commented
                Editing a comment
                Because they are not a monolithic entity. There's a huge spectrum of differences between various outlets.

• That doesn't explain the reason for your objection. Is it OK with you if we say anything about the media?

Comment

• Aeson
                Aeson commented
                Editing a comment
                If you want to be accurate, you need to address your subject matter accurately. When you lump vastly different entities and actions together under the same umbrella, you're likely going to be inaccurate.

• It's called a generalization. You still haven't explained you objection unless you're using a logical fallacy.

Comment

• Aeson
                Aeson commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, generalizations of vastly different entities and actions are likely to be inaccurate.

• Did something happen to the quote function?

Comment

• Jon Miller

Comment

• Originally posted by giblets View Post
                  Did something happen to the quote function?
                  Seems like Aeson is playing with the vB5-Features
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• I thought some people might not want to see Kid posts being quoted. I was being considerate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                      that would be Bush, Trump aint a dolt
                      Err what? Have you heard the guy try and discuss any major issue? He sounds like a valley girl running for prom queen.

Comment

• Hehe. Go to 0:40. From there no need for subtitles.

Blah

Comment

• Interesting article about the US voting system as well as education, as seen from outside of the USA:
                          Even before Trump’s rise, many Americans had their doubts about their country’s democracy. And for good reasons. A journey through a damaged country.
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Working...
                          X