The last ten days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post

What do you mean 'depends on the time of day' you ****ing imbecile? We know how many people were using local transport, we have good estimates (and strong photographic evidence) of how many people were present at the actual inauguration.

What ridiculous point are you trying to make? Were more people standing on a specific corner nearby between the times of 12:34 and 12:36? Does that make Trump suddenly not a liar for clearly stating more people were there than came for Obama? Why are you trying to desperately to justify bare faced lies? Do you teach your kids to be liars too?
    Stop drinking all the CNN kool aid. I watched the inaguation on TV. I know how many people were there you tool.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

Stop drinking all the CNN kool aid. I watched the inaguation on TV. I know how many people were there you tool.
      So you know there were considerably less than during both Obama inaugurations?

Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post

So you know there were considerably less than during both Obama inaugurations?
        First of all I know how stupid all this is and you obviously don't. Second you still trust the people who held on to that audio tape until the most opportune time. Finally, you don't seem to understand that people arrived after that picture was taken.

Comment

• today, trump has called a halt to the TPP (signed by obama but not approved by congress). he also signed an order preventing members of the administration becoming lobbyists for five after they leave. i wonder (OK, i don't, but you know what i mean) whether things like this are linked with the unrelenting hostility he's faced from media organisations, or more accurately from their owners.
          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• The media has a plethora of very "personal" reasons to go after Trump. And the media is not a monolithic entity anyway, so while some might dislike those specific moves, others will like them. In any case, those issues are probably way down the list in importance to almost everyone in regards to whether they dislike Trump or not.

Personally it looks to me like they are irrelevant. TPP wasn't getting through congress, so his action there makes 0 difference. The five years clause isn't going to matter since his cabinet is filled with billionaires who's business is going to be favoured by the administration. Why would they want to be lobbyists afterwards? They can buy all the lobbyists they want if they still need to get any more favors!

Comment

• I'm not a fan of unions, but interested that one of Trumps moves was praised by the AFL-CIO.

Comment

• aeson, trump received fewer endorsements from newspapers than gary johnson. i believe that's the first time ever for a major vs third party candidate. most of the media were/are against him; in other words, those for whom they act as mouthpieces were/are against him. this is also true of social media platforms: search for the american version of 'arsehole' on twitter and donald trump's profile is the first result.

the TPP decision is a statement of intent with regard to trade. the lobbying decision may have a limited impact on trump's super wealthy cabinet, but it sets a standard and will be hard to repeal. it also appears that the US and russia will work together directly in syria. while i would prefer no foreign involvement, that is certainly far more sensible than previous US policy.
                "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• When your campaign is running on "the dishonest media" ... of course it's unlikely anyone in the media will endorse you. "Yah, you know that guy who says we're all liars? We support him and his message."

Come on ... stop trying to play Trump as a victim here. He picked the fight. Even if he didn't though, he deserves constant derision of his policies and actions ... on merit.

Comment

• Trump attacked Megyn Kelly for asking him a tough question and being a woman, mocked a disabled reporter's physical impairment, has sued many people for exercising free speech, threatened to sue others, and has said he will expand libel laws. So he can sue anyone who says anything he doesn't like. It's a direct attack on the freedom of the press and freedom of speech. Expecting the press to just go along with having their constitutional rights taken away by a moronic blowhard is ridiculous.

Comment

• The next president will be able to set whatever rules they want for their cabinet. Trump changed things from what Obama did, Obama changed things from what Bush did, and whoever comes after Trump will change things to their preference.

Also note, while 5 years is longer than Obama required, Obama required a 1 year interim before entering the cabinet, which Trump doesn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                        The media has a plethora of very "personal" reasons to go after Trump. And the media is not a monolithic entity anyway, so while some might dislike those specific moves, others will like them. In any case, those issues are probably way down the list in importance to almost everyone in regards to whether they dislike Trump or not.

Personally it looks to me like they are irrelevant. TPP wasn't getting through congress, so his action there makes 0 difference. The five years clause isn't going to matter since his cabinet is filled with billionaires who's business is going to be favoured by the administration. Why would they want to be lobbyists afterwards? They can buy all the lobbyists they want if they still need to get any more favors!
                        There have been many presidents that haven't liked the media. The media IS dishonest. They are pushing an agenda, and 90% of America doesn't like them.
                        Last edited by Kidlicious; January 24, 2017, 00:56.

Comment

• It's good you realize Breitbart is pushing an agenda... however it's ridiculous to treat the media as a monolithic entity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                            It's good you realize Breitbart is pushing an agenda... however it's ridiculous to treat the media as a monolithic entity.
                            No, it's not at all. You can expect pretty much the samething from every organization in the mainstream. Breitbart is alternative. They are filling a gap and growing fast, but they aren't mainstream.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
                              aeson, trump received fewer endorsements from newspapers than gary johnson. i believe that's the first time ever for a major vs third party candidate. most of the media were/are against him; in other words, those for whom they act as mouthpieces were/are against him. this is also true of social media platforms: search for the american version of 'arsehole' on twitter and donald trump's profile is the first result.

the TPP decision is a statement of intent with regard to trade. the lobbying decision may have a limited impact on trump's super wealthy cabinet, but it sets a standard and will be hard to repeal. it also appears that the US and russia will work together directly in syria. while i would prefer no foreign involvement, that is certainly far more sensible than previous US policy.
                              Is it possible Trump was the worst major party candidate in US history?

Comment

• that would be Bush, Trump aint a dolt

Comment

Working...
                                X