The last ten days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
    Trump promised to make america great again ...
    and his government, despite only 2 days in office, already can showcase the first superlative

The womens march on Trumps inauguration day is the biggest singe day protest history in US history ever.
    Never before in US history a president motivated more people, to go to the streets and let their voices be heard
    How do you figure that people in the street protesting is great? They HAVE voices. People hear them everyday. Trust me, just tune to NPR if you are in the STATES and you will hear their dribble endlessly.

Last edited by Kidlicious; January 22, 2017, 09:04.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

The real people who MAGA have jobs. They don't protest because their candidate lost. Some of them are cleaning up all the trash that the protestors left in the street. Some of them put out the fires. Some of them kept people safe and put law breakers in jail.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

The EU isn't a nation.
        And..?

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
          Trump promised to make america great again ...
          and his government, despite only 2 days in office, already can showcase the first superlative

The womens march on Trumps inauguration day is the biggest singe day protest history in US history ever.
          Never before in US history a president motivated more people, to go to the streets and let their voices be heard
          which is great. although, rather bizarrely, many chose to wear a hijab as part of it, apparently to protest trump's anti-muslim attitudes rather than to show solidarity with the millions of women who are forced to wear one.
          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

George Orwell was 32 years too early. Trump claims a million people were at his inauguration and his spokes people say those figures are not lies, just "alternative facts".
            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by pchang View Post
              George Orwell was 32 years too early. Trump claims a million people were at his inauguration and his spokes people say those figures are not lies, just "alternative facts".
              They are alternative facts because at different times there we're different numbers of people attending, and I have no idea why you mentioned Orwell.

Comment

Yah, it was hilarious and somewhat frightening watching that White House press conference. Sean Spicer trying to convince the world that our eyes shouldn't be trusted over Trump's claims.

Comment

Originally posted by pchang View Post
                  Someone should start a newspeak dictionary for the era Trump
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

They are alternative facts because at different times there we're different numbers of people attending, and I have no idea why you mentioned Orwell.
                    What does that even mean? At different times? He claimed an inflated number of people turned up. The evidence shows that is not true. That's not an 'alternative fact', that's bull****. Do you like supporting a proven liar? Do you not feel the slightest bit of shame when your guy tells lies to the American people and expects you to swallow it like a fool?

Oh and if you don't understand the Orwell reference, it just means you're poorly educated as well as gullible.

Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post

What does that even mean? At different times? He claimed an inflated number of people turned up. The evidence shows that is not true. That's not an 'alternative fact', that's bull****. Do you like supporting a proven liar? Do you not feel the slightest bit of shame when your guy tells lies to the American people and expects you to swallow it like a fool?

Oh and if you don't understand the Orwell reference, it just means you're poorly educated as well as gullible.
                      You are literally too stupid to understand that the number of people in attendance depends on the time of day.

Comment

• Originally posted by pchang View Post
                        When I heard about it, I thought instantly: What The Fact???

Otoh we have to admit that "alternative fact" sounds a tad less like "lies" compared to "post-truth"
                        Blah

Comment

• Maybe Trump thought the protesters should count for people "attending" his inauguration. Then yes ... it was the biggest crowd for an inauguration ever. Spanning cities around the globe.

Comment

• Trump said he looked onto the crowds and the field was like a million or somesuch

I have been told by the establishment that China has the most people evar, yet when I recently walked along the streets where *I* live it looked like gazillions

However, good to see that Donald is spending his time working on the real important issues at the start of his presidency...
                            Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

You are literally too stupid to understand that the number of people in attendance depends on the time of day.
                              What do you mean 'depends on the time of day' you ****ing imbecile? We know how many people were using local transport, we have good estimates (and strong photographic evidence) of how many people were present at the actual inauguration.

What ridiculous point are you trying to make? Were more people standing on a specific corner nearby between the times of 12:34 and 12:36? Does that make Trump suddenly not a liar for clearly stating more people were there than came for Obama? Why are you trying to desperately to justify bare faced lies? Do you teach your kids to be liars too?

Comment

• Originally posted by pchang View Post
                                If you include the people protesting and rioting, it might be true.

Comment

Working...
                                X