The last ten days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    Harding? Really? I guess the democrat plan is to assassinate the leader nobody likes to bring about the 8 years of prosperity by elevating one of the most popular conservatives in the history of America to the presidency.

Let me know how that works out for you.
    Harding wasn't assassinated, what the actual **** are you blathering on about now?

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post

Harding wasn't assassinated, what the actual **** are you blathering on about now?
      Maybe the Democrats gave him heat disease? Did you ever think of that?

Comment

Originally posted by Braindead View Post

A "Chief Ethics Officer" can be just window dressing or somebody with no clout at all.

I reckon ethics is the joint and several responsibility of everyione in an organisation whether it be a huge government or a tiny little place.

However ...........

Anyway pchang you might find this Forbes article on ethics of some interest:

http://www.forbes.com/2006/10/23/lea...023ethics.html
        If there's a Chief Ethics Officer, then it's not your fault if you do something unethical. It's their fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post

The rest sounds like hooey, easily circumvented--but this is disturbing. I hadn't read this. The idea of divestment is to decrease the degree of entanglement. Government funds should not come from a man's private business activities.
          All government funds come froma a man's (or woman's) private business activities. Secondly, any citizen (and the President is still a citizen) can donate to the treasury whenever they want.

What is the issue here? Not sure I am understanding...
          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

I remember when the president had 100 days before the media machine descented.
            Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post

PLATO, I have a lot of stuff that I'd like to sell you. You will be very happy with these purchases. PM me.
              Will they be HUUUUGE? Will they make me great again? Woohoo!!!!
              "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Main_Brain View Post
                Trump ran his campaign against the media, so it's not a surprise that there is friction there.

Comment

Originally posted by Main_Brain View Post
                  I remember when you had to wait until 100 days into a president's term before you would know if it would be a trainwreck.

Comment

Currently Trump has a 44% approval rating (Gallup)... he's in what is known as a 'honeymoon period'... numbers always go down from here...
                    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Dear Mr. President Elect: In these final days before your inauguration, we thought it might be helpful to clarify how we see the relationship between your administration and the American press corps. It will come as no surprise to you that we see the relationship as strained. Reports over the last few days that your […]

TL;DR: "We're watching you, Mr.Pres." - The Press Corps.

Let's hope they make good on that.

Blah

Comment

T-Day -1

Blah

Comment

So, anyone going to watch a great show with lots of well known stars tomorrow?

Dunno if there is any tomorrow , however ... the inauguration obviously not ... considering its lineup of rather unknown artists most of which aren't even known a little bit outside of the USA

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

It's really sad... yeah, Trump is a goof, moron, whatever, and considered too conservative for all the liberals, but he hasn't even spent a day as president yet.
                            We have the "he's not my president crowd", the "I'm not going to attend the event crowd", the "I won't perform at the event crowd" and a ton of other groups.
                            If this had happened for Obama's swearing in, the press would be outraged, as well as many other people.

I say let's give the guy a chance. See what happens, and then condemn him, be outraged, and whatever.
                            Keep on Civin'
                            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Concur, but for entirely different reasons. It has been perfectly clear for some time that Trump is deeply malignant and unfit, far worse than any other president or candidate I can recall (LaRouche?). We have vanishingly little hope that he will do anything good with his office. However, it is also clear that this environment of hysterical opposition is exactly what he needs to thrive. He rode this crazy to the White House, and every fresh burst only made him stronger. It has no hope of beating or even briefly impeding him. But people are still doing it. Why?
                              1011 1100
                              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

If this had happened for Obama's swearing in, the press would be outraged, as well as many other people.

While I agree with the sentiment, let's not forget the birther crowd, and ironically just who was leading the way. So yeah, not everyone was on board with Obama, even though it wasn't quite to the degree we're seeing now.
                                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X